Question from an oldie... Soon To be a re-newbie

x Nee x

Gold Member
Hi all!

Not posted here for a long time!!

I'm looking to restart exante but has been a few years.

Looks as though there is a HUGE selection of products in comparison to when I last did it so wanted to know....

1, Do you find it harder having more choices? (Weird question I know)

2, Does it make the urge to break diet stronger?

Thanks you lovely people :D

I love the choice and like adapting what I am having to my mood.
I am 'lucky' that I have coeliac disease so can't eat gluten. That means I can't have bars, porridge or pancakes as well as some of the meals. I think I would find choosing between shakes, soups, meals and bars a bit much but I have a lot more shakes than anything else. I am starting to know which shakes suit which mood for me too. Today I had toffee caramel and honeycomb to give myself a Monday pick me up!

I did this 9 years ago and there was only shakes soup and one bar I think - it's sooooo much better now! The choice is good, I'm sure you will find which packs you like best and stick to those few anyway. Good luck x

Hi,

This is my first time on Exante and am finding it fine so far.. Have done Slim and Save and lipotrim back in the day which I dont have fond memories of.. Am enjoying the different Exante shakes and most of the bars.. Some are a little too sweet and 'claggy'. Have tried a few of the hot meals and they are not for me, am not a fussy eater at all but they are rank!.. Can just about stomach the raspberry porridge :D

Am mainly sticking to two shakes and a bar.. The only problem i've had so far is being a bit 'bunged up' but will get by that :p

Last time I attempted a restart I ordered a mixed box which included meals. Most I found fine but some I found inedible! I think it really hurt my chances to succeed last time since I started to dread meal times. This time I've gone for the BOGOF deal and picked one of each new thing I fancy. If I don't like it I never have to have it again. I think I'd struggle long term If I were stuck with such few choices.

It's so interesting to see how people's tastes vary.
I'd say the hot meals are probably my favourite packs!

I guess it's important to try everything for yourself so you know what you like :)

I admit I really like a lot of the hot meals but the pizza/sausages/burgers were just grim!

Am always amazed to see people love the cottage pie, that was the worst one for me.. No amount of pimping the meals up with seasonings or spices helped :D

Can I check it's still ok to have the marigold bouillon? Not sure how up to date some info is on here as the threads go back a bit, anyway just had a cup and it's lovely.. Will be a life saver if it's OK to have

I admit I really like a lot of the hot meals but the pizza/sausages/burgers were just grim!
Literally just had my first exante sausage and it was much netter than I expected, though it did taste more of stuffing than sausage. A touch of tabasco livened it up a treat.

Am always amazed to see people love the cottage pie, that was the worst one for me.. No amount of pimping the meals up with seasonings or spices helped :D

Can I check it's still ok to have the marigold bouillon? Not sure how up to date some info is on here as the threads go back a bit, anyway just had a cup and it's lovely.. Will be a life saver if it's OK to have
I have always had it when on Lighter Life or exante.
I mix in some ground Psyllium husk which bulks it up nicely making it more filling, though a little gloopy.

Thank you for all the replies :)

Definitely going to start again just not sure what products I'll try yet!

It really is amazing the differences in taste. I love the meals - well the five I chose this month. Spag bol is my least favourite, and the curry and rice my fave, but they're all easy to improve by adding some extra seasoning.

I love having the meal options, although I think I'm still a little more fixated on food (and possibly a little hungrier?) than I was three weeks into the diet previously ,when I only used shakes. Sometimes bland and boring is good!

I love having the meal options, although I think I'm still a little more fixated on food (and possibly a little hungrier?) than I was three weeks into the diet previously ,when I only used shakes. Sometimes bland and boring is good!

Exactly, when I did this before it was just shakes, bars and soup and it worked well for me but they have taken that bumper pack away.... Arrgghh not sure what to do!!!!

Get a mix and try them all Nee! I have enough meals for one per day for about another fortnight and then I'm left with all shakes for a couple of weeks. I'll know then if it's the meals or just my inner greedy girl making my hungry/food-fixated this time. :eating:

Sounds like a plan Spinoza :)

Roll on Friday so I can order!!

Hi Nee, I am also back after a long break. I love all the different choices of the shakes especially. Had week 5 weigh in yesterday and have lost 2 stone. Finding it much easier this time so far but not had any of the meals. I'm worried that eating something will make me crash and burn big time. Good luck x

Hi Nee, I am also back after a long break. I love all the different choices of the shakes especially. Had week 5 weigh in yesterday and have lost 2 stone. Finding it much easier this time so far but not had any of the meals. I'm worried that eating something will make me crash and burn big time. Good luck x

That's what I worry about, that the meals will make me fail somehow! My OH says just go for the mixed pack as then you have lots of choices and won't feel deprived so much. So thinking I might just go for the mixed!

I first used Exante when there were four shakes, four soups and two bars. It wasn't that many years ago. I didn't like the strawberry shakes (still don't) and wasted a lot of them. They added Pasta Carbonara and the porridge about four years ago, and I loved the Pasta Carbonara. I stopped using it for a couple of years and was surprised just how many new products there are.

I like the flexibility of choosing individual packs, but I wait for special offers. I still order the shakes I loved (banana cold with loads of crushed ice), Chocolate (hot) and Vanilla (hot with some cinnamon), and the Red Thai Chicken soup which replaced the Thai Chicken soup, the Toffee, Nut and Raisin bar each time. Some of the new products like the desserts just aren't filling enough for a meal for me and I wanted to dollop yoghurt or something on the chocolate ones because the chocolate was too strong for me. Others like the Shepherd's Pie, Sausage mix, Burger mix etc seem to lack something like vegetables or potatoes, so I just can't risk them. I love some of the new products like the Lemon Cheesecake Smoothie, Coconut Shake, Ham, Pasta and Mushroom soup, Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato soup and the Breakfast eggs with a lots of black pepper but I pretty much stick to 11 products, and half of those are from the original pack. If I wasn't on total solution I'd have some of the meals but with vegetables or a salad.

Two stone in five weeks is fantastic. Well done.

Back