Question - Probably for a CDC to answer

KD;

On the two SS+ days, the hunger went away when I ate, even though it was not that much - it seemed to work. I did notice, however, that in the morning after I was hungrier than normal .... but somehow it was easier to deal with on the first SS+ day because I knew I would be eating again that evening.

I am going to stick this out for a while, so my mind and body better get used to it!!

KD;

On the two SS+ days, the hunger went away when I ate, even though it was not that much - it seemed to work. I did notice, however, that in the morning after I was hungrier than normal .... but somehow it was easier to deal with on the first SS+ day because I knew I would be eating again that evening.

I am going to stick this out for a while, so my mind and body better get used to it!!

I do admire your determination not to give up fighting though I must admit that I fear it might push you to a point that you find it impossible to do.

Do remember you have the SS+ option, which is an excellent alternative and is certainly not a sign of failure...and it's proved to work for you already :clap:

If the going gets too tough, move 'up' rather than 'off'.

I've seen it so many times. People who are so focused and so determined so succeed that they push themselves to breaking point. Determination and focus is so important on this diet, but there also needs to be a degree of flexibility so that people can find a way that works well with their body and mind.

That doesn't mean flexible to the point of falling off the wagon, just flexible when it comes to what plan is best etc.

Hope SS gets easier for you soon.

Oh I will definitely not move "off". When I said change, I meant "move up" just as you say. I do have quite a lot of muscle (from all the training before), and I know that just having muscle burns more calories, so maybe it is just that I need a bit more than SS gives me. I will work it out!!

I have currently upped my water intake a little to 4 litres of plain water plus all the extra I have, and that "seems" to be easing it a little.

The only thing that concerns me is that (sorry, I jumped on the scales at the gym again!!) my weight is still EXACTLY what it was this time last week .... and based on the fact that my CDC's scales weight between 4 & 5 pounds heavier that virtually every other set of scales on the planet :D, that would imply a weight increase on her scales of 1 lb, and she weighs me in the evening, so it might be more. It might just be down to my body retaining more water because of the increased intake, who knows. The body is a wierd machine.

What might break me, though, is going through this and then gaining! That might be too much ......

Hi Steve - I've been very similar to you. I lost weight in the few weeks, then had a week (last week) where I'd not lost a thing, in fact, I gained a pound. I admit that I had nibbled a bit but due to the hot weather and being very active with family life, I began to feel ill - my CDc advised me to nibble on celery or peanuts if I felt that bad. I had actually been on SS+, and since I'd not lost weight I thought I'd try SS instead. I feel so much better in SS. Anyway, despite putting on a pound my clothes feel looser and I know more weight has shifted: those scales often lie!!!

Keep going xx

Back