Question re Exercise on SS - how much is TOO much ?

debz32

Gold Member
Hiya - just a quick question re exercise on Sole source....

Started back at swimming again today and did 31lengths in 25mins....so quite leisurely ;)

but I was wondering....if I did this every day...would it be too much on SS ??

I've heard horror stories that too much exercise is BAD as you start to burn muscle :confused:

Can anybody help...??? CDCs.....anyone....?please.......:confused: ??

Thanx in advance

love

Debz
xx

Burning muscle as fuel is more of a problem if you're exercising at high intensity. However, exercising for too long, even at a low intensity, can bring with it other problems while on a VLCD.

In this case, I wouldn't worry - 25 minutes of leisurely swimming per day should be fine. Obviously I can't say for certain because I don't know various things e.g. what other exercise you do, other lifestyle factors etc. but as a general rule that sort of level of exercise would be fine. If you're worried, I'd ask your doctor first.

I can only say, from my experience, that you will know if you are doing too much, you'll feel weak and lacking in energy. If you start flagging then stop pushing yourself.

Well done for starting exercising again, something you enjoy and makes you feel good is great. I felt a lot better when I got to AAM, the little bit of extra food helped my energy a lot.

I used to do swim 100 legnths 3 or 4 times a week only a small pool 13 yards.
I did this before ss and during I found I got quicker as the weight fell off and I didn't lose any muscle bulk at all. So I think you know what you are capable of so go for it. I think maybe not every day though. Give your muscles a chance to recover just in case.

Kate/ClaireJen/Jason-thank you soooooo much for your replies :)

I really enjoyed my swim this morning and plan to do it most days.....maybe 30 to 40 lengths one day and 20 or so the next....was just a bit worried cosI'd read somewhere that exercise while on VLCD burns muscle...and that's something I don't want !!

thanx again

love

Debz
xx

Just take it easy, enjoy yourself and you'll be fine. While you're SSing, exercise should be for fun and for general health benefits (not for competition training or for weight loss!) - gentle recreational sport is a very good thing and we should all be doing it - it's more intense or strenuous exercise that you should be avoiding at the moment.

Im not on SS but 790 and try and have sarted an exercise regieme. Must say that the weeks i exercise were the lowest losses!! After much discussion, I came to the conclusion that it was becasue i did not increase my water consumption to compensate for my water loss....I was swimming, didnt think i was sweating much as was taking it easy (26 lengths in 25-30mins)
So have increased water. Also not recommended to do exercise on 'empty' stomach. I was swimming 7.30 in the morn (thinking i had energy from the meal I had the night before...though I must have burnt that off during sleep!!) So What i decided to do was try the bars. I have half a bar and 1ltre of water (roughly) before swim and the rest with more water later. Thus giving me energy to swim and increasing my water. I would increase water even more so if having bar (i think as recommended?).

Hope this helps!!

P.s am over the moon as today after a long wait for weigh in...have lost a total of 2 stones since 7th oct on the 790 plan!!!!! Bring it on!!

Next weigh in will be early as changing day, eek, but will mentally adjust figures!

Only jsut started week 8 aswell...........it can be done on 790, a stone a month (if not more!)

happy happy joy joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im not on SS but 790 and try and have sarted an exercise regieme. Must say that the weeks i exercise were the lowest losses!! After much discussion, I came to the conclusion that it was becasue i did not increase my water consumption to compensate for my water loss....I was swimming, didnt think i was sweating much as was taking it easy (26 lengths in 25-30mins)
So have increased water. Also not recommended to do exercise on 'empty' stomach. I was swimming 7.30 in the morn (thinking i had energy from the meal I had the night before...though I must have burnt that off during sleep!!) So What i decided to do was try the bars. I have half a bar and 1ltre of water (roughly) before swim and the rest with more water later. Thus giving me energy to swim and increasing my water. I would increase water even more so if having bar (i think as recommended?).

Hope this helps!!

P.s am over the moon as today after a long wait for weigh in...have lost a total of 2 stones since 7th oct on the 790 plan!!!!! Bring it on!!

Next weigh in will be early as changing day, eek, but will mentally adjust figures!

Only jsut started week 8 aswell...........it can be done on 790, a stone a month (if not more!)

happy happy joy joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanx hun - it certainly DOES help !!

will be interesting to see if my losses slow down (even more..) !!!

BTW you've done REALLY well so far - well done you !! :D

love

Debz
xx

Thank you!!
And back at ya!

I think the reason that weight loss were slow during exercise (and it happened to my friend who is doing it too) is because of the 'famine' mode, holding onto water and everything else as it doesnt understand why the body is being exerted.

anyway, im off! Eyes are falling and its only 9.15pm! 15mins past my bed time hahahha!

Back