Question

Manny

Hiding
Recently there seems to be many people changing from WW to SW and vice versa. I was wondering what the reason for this were?

I think it's just trial and error really and what works for the indivual person. I personally switched from SW to WW because although SW worked for me, i find WW easier to stick to day to day when you get into the swing of it. I never quite got my head around the SW way x

I think it's just trial and error really and what works for the indivual person. I personally switched from SW to WW because although SW worked for me, i find WW easier to stick to day to day when you get into the swing of it. I never quite got my head around the SW way x

Lindsay, How long were you on SW?

I changed from ww to cal counting because i'd kind of got stuck in a rut and just wanted a bit of a change-seems to be working at the moment, but not saying would never come back to ww

I changed from ww to cal counting because i'd kind of got stuck in a rut and just wanted a bit of a change-seems to be working at the moment, but not saying would never come back to ww

Thanks for replying. I am not saying it is always a bad thing. Calorie counting may well be the route that I will go in the end but then I would have to decide how I wanted my calories made up (30% protein, 40% Fat, 30% carbs)

I changed to sw and i was always so hungry on ww. But they are both 2 great diets.
I find on sw the more free foods i eat the more i loose. I never go hungry on this plan either now.

i was a SW until june but now im on WW

im thinking about switching back to SW cos i miss my red days, and i love my meat

x

portion control was a big factor for me, but i think i know now what size my portions should be plus i miss me eggs lol

x

portion control was a big factor for me, but i think i know now what size my portions should be plus i miss me eggs lol

x

Thanks for answering. I am just interested in what make people change diet. I know I have now in my life done 3 diets. 2 have been based on helping my wife and 1 was my choice. I have never had the inclination to change so can't really understand it

Hi Manny

This thread intreaged (how do u spell that anyway?!) me so hope you dont mind me popping in?!
Can I ask what the 3 diets you did were?

Well, those of you that have read my diary know that I'm currently considering a switch from WW to SW. yes I know portion control is important in order to lose weight, but it's not necessarily the reason why i want to make the switch. I hate having to point the things I enjoy eating so much-eggs, yogurt, fruit... And milk, dammit I can go through 2 pints of skimmed milk in a day! I don't want to eat HUGE great big portions of things like cereal, pasta etc... but I only have 18 points per day. No matter how hard I try, I just can't make it stretch enough to keep me feeling full. I'm sick of being hungry then heading to the cupboards at 2am for some toast. I'm sick of the rumbly tummy, of trying so hard to be good all day only to go to bed so hungry I can't sleep. I never had this issue while on Core. So if I stay with WW I'll be switching to Core. My reasoning for maybe going to SW is that I want to attend meetings for the additional support. Some WW leaders are just sweeping Core/SF under the carpet :sigh:

Rant over.

Hi Manny

This thread intreaged (how do u spell that anyway?!) me so hope you dont mind me popping in?!
Can I ask what the 3 diets you did were?

Well the first diet I ever done was SW. This was done to support my wife. I lost about 2 1/2 stone but the difficult factor was the organising involved with SW (at the time).

I then done the W8 diet. I was looking for something to loose weight quickly and a VLCD seemed like a good plan. I done this for 4 weeks and then came off it. The reason I came off it was because me wife was pregnanat at the time and with me not eating "meals" neither was she (she felt guilty) so at that point I moved to WW. Since then I have been doing this.

Sandy, I will never say I won't change but to be honest it won't be my decision to change.

Well, those of you that have read my diary know that I'm currently considering a switch from WW to SW. yes I know portion control is important in order to lose weight, but it's not necessarily the reason why i want to make the switch. I hate having to point the things I enjoy eating so much-eggs, yogurt, fruit... And milk, dammit I can go through 2 pints of skimmed milk in a day! I don't want to eat HUGE great big portions of things like cereal, pasta etc... but I only have 18 points per day. No matter how hard I try, I just can't make it stretch enough to keep me feeling full. I'm sick of being hungry then heading to the cupboards at 2am for some toast. I'm sick of the rumbly tummy, of trying so hard to be good all day only to go to bed so hungry I can't sleep. I never had this issue while on Core. So if I stay with WW I'll be switching to Core. My reasoning for maybe going to SW is that I want to attend meetings for the additional support. Some WW leaders are just sweeping Core/SF under the carpet :sigh:

Rant over.

Part of my wife's gripe is about the fact that you need to point fruit.

Part of my wife's gripe is about the fact that you need to point fruit.

My only previous experience with WW is being on the Core plan so it is coming as quite a shock to see that my Core brekkie of special K, milk yogurt and a banana all have to be pointed, and normally would come to around 5.5/6points! That's a large chunk from my daily points- a third in fact! I know I'm probably looking at ti tthe wrong way, and I know that on Core, it took me 4 weeks to lose what I lost in 2 on Points. But I'd rather it was a slow loss that didn't result in binges due to hunger.

I do want to stick with WW because I've spent a fortune on their books etc, and I love the people in my meeting. I just feel very disheartened at the minute

That's a large chunk from my daily points- a third in fact! I know I'm probably looking at ti tthe wrong way, and I know that on Core, it took me 4 weeks to lose what I lost in 2 on Points.

I have found that if I plan my meals for the next day (with a little margin for change) then having a 6 point brekkie won't be too bad. I find it hardest when I don't know how many points I will be having per meal as this leads me to have little amounts during the day and end up binging in the evening as I am hungrier.

Maybe SW have it right with the free fruit and allowing you to have milk and cheese. Either one is supposed to be a lifestyle choice rather than a quick fix diet

Back