question??

jo_star

In the CD magazine there is a feature about a guy who accurately predicted when he'd reach his goal by working out specific calorie needs, less CD calories etc and working out how much he'd lose each week.

Does anyone know how to do this please???

Thanks,

Jo xx

Hiya Becky....

You can get a copy of the Cambridge Inspirations Magazine from your CDC.

Jo-Star.... try Weight Loss Resources, they are online and should be what you are looking for...

great, thanks

I think the key to this is knowing your true BMR (Basal Matabolic Rate) - the number of calories you need to take in to maintain at the weight you are if you were totally sedentary - your calorific output, a continual measurement, so that you know how may calories you are burning, and then an accurate count of the calories you are putting in.

Without knowing these three accurately - and we all differ a little on the BMR - you cannot calculate your rate of weight loss.

You would have to work out what calorie defecit you were running at (BMR + CaloriesBurned - CalorieIntake) = CalorieDefecit. For example, if you have a BMR of 1500, and you burn off 1000 calories a day, and you eat 500 calories, then your calorie defecit would be (1500 + 1000 - 500) = 2000 calories defecit. Once you are in ketosis your body gets that by burning fat, and 1lb of fat gives your body 3500 calories. If you are running at a 2000 calorie defecit, then your body will burn 2000/3500 lbs of fat a day (~ 0.57 lbs a day, or 4lbs every 7 days).

Now, you need to remember that your calorific output will not be the same every day, and as you get lighter your BMR decreases, so 2 out of the three parameters are constantly changing.

You can estimate this, but you would have to measure your BMR just about every day, and constantly wear a HRM to measure your calorific output. What a pain!

I say just work out your average weight loss (ignoring first week) and take it from there. Doing it that way means your end date keeps changing a little, but thats no different to doing it the accurate way .... and its far less hassle.

My spreadsheet under the stickys does it for you.

The online things can only estimate your BMR, and cannot give you an accurate reading. To get an accurate reading you need to know your Body Fat% and so forth, because muscle mass affects BMR as muscle burns more calories to do what they do.

The online things can only estimate your BMR, and cannot give you an accurate reading. To get an accurate reading you need to know your Body Fat% and so forth, because muscle mass affects BMR as muscle burns more calories to do what they do.

yeah that site gives you loads of info on to how to work that out and is really quite in depth with if if you want it to be that is or you can just just get an overall view if you prefer-check it out

You know, I think you have to be more like a guy to work it all out like this - no offence fellahs :D. My husband has had to start exercising (on account of having had a heart attack in November at the age of 43). He logs everything he does on the computer, maps it all out etc. But I think that's why, on the whole, fellahs are more successful at sticking to resolutions than we girls are :sigh:.

k9
x

Back