Questions: Joe's sausages

Mummoth

Silver Member
I'd never heard of Joe's stuff til I read about it on someone's diary on here. Their stuff seems expensive - is it worth paying their prices? Is their stuff worth that bit extra?

Also, as an aside, my eldest son is a bit of a health freak....... Does Joe's stuff come labelled with stuff like fat & calorie content?

Hiya,

I've never bought off them although I am thinking about it. Have you taken a look at their website? There's a button for nutritional info which comes in a handy print off page. That contains all the calories and stuff.

There's also a certificate on there which shows the syn values and weight watcher points for everything they sell too.

Low Fat Sausages

I have heard they're very nice and I am interested in ordering at some point. Hopefully someone who's eaten them will come along soon. I know I have read a post about them being tasty!

Hello,
I have the sausages from there before and although a bit pricer, I think worth it. Is there someone else you can order with so you can split delivery costs?
I like the chilli sausages, very nice :) I will be making another order soon!

Hiya,

I've never bought off them although I am thinking about it. Have you taken a look at their website? There's a button for nutritional info which comes in a handy print off page. That contains all the calories and stuff.

Thank you for that, that's great! He's not so bad now but my son did go through a phase where nothing with more than 4% fat would pass his lips (& it had to contain less than 1% saturated, etc etc). Still, it's all good I guess :D

Hello,
I have the sausages from there before and although a bit pricer, I think worth it. Is there someone else you can order with so you can split delivery costs?
I like the chilli sausages, very nice :) I will be making another order soon!

I wish there was someone close by who would order with me. Still, I have a big family (hubby, 2 grown up sons, teenager & 5 yr old) so we'll go through it!

Are the chili ones very hot? I'm not keen on hot, spicy stuff (sons are though)

I haven't tried them yet but I've only ever heard good things - I know FunCurls is a big fan xx

I made an order and brought about 6 items, it came to around £25 from memory which I don't think is that bad.
I froze some bits so they lasted me over a couple os weeks and everything we eat was really tasty.
For me it's so nice to know that your eating seomthing yummy and completely syn free therefore I'm willing to pay at bit extra for good quality low fat meat :)

I recently bought some Joe's sausages at a butchers that stocks them in my town and I threw them in the freezer. I had them for the first time last night and they were gorgeous!!! I had the Garlic and Chilli sausages sliced up in pasta. Yum yum!!!!!

i've ordered and can only say good things about it all!

Hi,
I'm lucky enough to have access to a shop (when I can get off work early!) and all the stuff I have had is gorgeous. My fiance is a massive fan, and can't believe his luck now he can have burger, sausage and beans, lol.
My favourites are the beefburgers and the chilli and garlic sausage. The peppered chicken steaks are gorgeous as well - you get plenty in the packs and I do think they are worth the cost :) x

never had the sausages or burgers as i have never liked that sort of stuff anyway,but the meat is really nice.i love the peppered chicken,steak and pork the most.everything is nice though but my least fav would be the chinese flavoured meats but i'd still eat it.not gonna order again for a while as i have a drawer in the freezer full of it.its nice to have meat with some flavour on rather than just plain.

I can't afford it - the things i've taught myself with good ol cheap as chips turkey mince for £1.60 per pack from Asda!

I can make my own burgers, sausage, scotch eggs, bolognese, moussaka, cottage pie etc etc and spend the money I save on spices from Mattas and make my own curries and seasonings with supermarket plain steak, chicken, pork. Huzzah for turkey mince!

Pork mince, extra lean pork mince, the Tesco Healthy Living stuff I use most. Season with whatever herbs take your fancy, I use Herbs de Provence and some black pepper, mould and roll into sausage shapes, bake or fry with fry light!

How much is delivery if you dont order enough to get it free?

I wish there was someone close by who would order with me. Still, I have a big family (hubby, 2 grown up sons, teenager & 5 yr old) so we'll go through it!

Are the chili ones very hot? I'm not keen on hot, spicy stuff (sons are though)

Had a look to see how close you were to me to split it but a tad far I think.....could we BE any further apart?!!!!

Back