Questions

slimmerwithin

Hi guys

Can you help with the answers to the following questions

1. Does the water allowance include tea and coffee. I drink about 5 cups a day which equates to about 2.5 litres is this sufficient and why no more than 3.5 litres

2. Can we use stock cubes, bouillon or anything to flavour food.

3. What about olive oil, butter etc. if we stay in kerosine and up our calories to say 800 to include a bit of olive oil or the occasional treat of a piece of cheese or larger portion of protein how will this affect the weight loss.

Just trying to think of ways to keep things interesting in the long term

Thanks

slimmerwithin said:
Hi guys

Can you help with the answers to the following questions

1. Does the water allowance include tea and coffee. I drink about 5 cups a day which equates to about 2.5 litres is this sufficient and why no more than 3.5 litres

2. Can we use stock cubes, bouillon or anything to flavour food.

3. What about olive oil, butter etc. if we stay in kerosine and up our calories to say 800 to include a bit of olive oil or the occasional treat of a piece of cheese or larger portion of protein how will this affect the weight loss.

Just trying to think of ways to keep things interesting in the long term

Thanks

1. I would carry on with your coffee/tea but add some water too. I like fizzy water - it goes down easier for me...

2. I use marigold bullion.

3. I'm assuming you meant stay in ketosis! Bear in mind that olive oil contains 40 calories per teaspoon. If you have lots you'll be drastically increasing your calories and reducing your weight loss. However, as long as you stay in ketosis it won't damage the diet as such.

And to add to what Weasey has said personally I would start out doing the diet without any additions and add things in later if you need to in order to stick with it. If you start adding things in from the get go then a. it will affect your weight loss from the start, and b. you have no where to go if you get bored and want to add something in later to spice things up a bit. I started with just packs, adding in some veg a couple of times a week after a few weeks, then I had veg every day, then I added in some protein, and now I've upped the calories to 800 to start to refeed. If I had started at 800 calories I'm not convinced I'd have got this far as my losses may have been slower so I'd have been less motivated I think. There is a balance between losing the weight fast and making things interesting but for me the balance has to be in favour of the fast weight loss which is the sole reason that I started this diet.

No more than 3.5l is no doubt in response to some people having got into trouble by consuming too much water. Google water intoxication. It won't happen to most people but I guess S&S are just trying to cover themselves. There is no need to drink more than 3.5l on the diet.

Just what everyone else above has said.

I try to make the 3.5Litres of fluid rather than just water, as I like the occasional tea and coffee here and there too, but try to make the bulk of my fluid about 2Litres of just water. Fizzy or plain.

Thanks everyone,

A few more things what spices can we have eg Chinese five spice, cinnamon, nutmeg.

Are there any recipes for the protein additions eg curry or marinades

Are there any salad dressing we can have. Can we have vinegar, balsamic vinegar, mustard

Thanks

Can anyone help with the spices and salad dressing please. I really struggle with plain sald and chicken?

herbs and spices are fine. The salad may be more of an issue.

Curry powder is fine. Marinades? It would have to be sugar free dry rubs, so paprika and chilli powder or curry powder etc

I'd email Slim and Save or catch them on live chat. I use the 1 cal salad spray, but I only eat salad about once a week if that, so don't know how allowable that is.

I use lots of spices, just make sure any mixes don't contain sugar or any nasties

As for salad I trained myself to eat it like crisps LOL I know some ladies use a small measure of balsamic

You can use saladlight - byt he same people who do frylight and only 1 calorie for each spray.

I use the lowest calorie, lowest carb dressing I can find (ie next to none of either) and use just a little bit. Usually it's an extra low french or italian as they seem to come out lowest. I've never seen the Frylight dressings anywhere round here so haven't tried those.

I have looked everywhere for saladlight. Can't find it near me :(

Back