Consolidation Quiche (Lorraine)

anjuschka

Dukan Ancestor!!
**NOTE - Conso recipe **
This makes a big quiche, one half is one days worth cheese, and two TB of oatbran (giving you the option of using the third TB elsewhere) - if you want to use all the oatbran I'd suggested swapping it for the wheatbran.

Base:

• 2 eggs
  • 4 TB oatbran
  • 2 TB wheatbran
  • 3 Tb Fromage Frais
Topping

• ~75 gr diced lean ham (see below)
  • 60 gr grated cheese (I used half parmesan and cheddar)

• 3 eggs
  • 1 tub (150gr?) of WW fat-reduced creme Fraiche.
  • 150 ML skimmed Milk
The ham: use what you can get, raw or cooked ham works, just make sure it's <2% fat. I found Aldi sells little packs of cubed lean ham - find it on the shelf with the diced pancetta (don't use *that* though!).

Cheese: I only use 60gr or less, finely grated and it's plenty, esp if you use a stronger flavoured one. I recon the fat contained in the creme fraiche also contributes to the 'cheese ration'.

Make the base:
mix the ingredients, put into a lined loose-bottomed tin (I used a sandwich cake tin with a silicone liner).

Bake 20 minutes at 200 degrees C

Take out of the oven and give it a bit of time to cool - it tends to rise up in the middle and you want it to deflate a bit! You can push it down with your hands...

Then sprinkle the ham on the base, sprinkle with the cheese.

Mix the 'wet' ingredients - I only season with pepper and a bit of nutmeg as the ham and cheese with give it loads of salt already.

Pour on the egg mix and bake at 180C for 35 mins or so.

Of course you can vary this to taste - add some veg, use salmon and leave out the cheese etc.

I have a quarter in the freezer still waiting to be eaten next week... :D

I have made 2 quiches this week for lunches - chicken and asparagus which was cold yesterday, and a chicken and bacon one which i served hot today and both were lovely - i'm a new convert and will be making loads of these now!

Back