Quick queries for all the experts......

Hi all, would like a bit of advice. I've been using Tabasco in my soups but the standard stuff just doesn't have the kick I need. Is it ok to use the Habanero hot tabasco instead?
Also, have heard something about drinking Bouillon on the forum - is this okay, which one is it and why can't I find it in the book?!!!!!:confused:

Hi all, would like a bit of advice. I've been using Tabasco in my soups but the standard stuff just doesn't have the kick I need. Is it ok to use the Habanero hot tabasco instead?
Also, have heard something about drinking Bouillon on the forum - is this okay, which one is it and why can't I find it in the book?!!!!!:confused:
Hi Karen, The Habanero one has vinegar in it I think that is why they say only the regular one. I did however use the Habanero one occasionally when I needed more oomf. It never took me out of ketosis I presume its because you only need a drop.
And its the Marigold Swiss Vegetable Bouillon that is okay to have twice a day. Also nice with a soup and one canderel tablet I know it sounds mad but it tastes quite nice.

Karen,
Can't answer your question on tabasco but can on the bouillion. It's called Marigold Swiss Vegetable Bouillion and you will find it next to the stock (Oxo cubes etc) in the supermarket. It comes in a tub. You are allowed 2 cups a day (1 teaspoon per cup). The reason you can't find it in your book is because LL make their own version and sell this for a lot more! It has the same ingredients for a fraction of the price!

I have been using the Habanero for about the past 3 weeks since discovering it, and have had no probs. Regular Tabasco has vinegar in it as well. I believe they all do.

ANd Tange - a drop!!?? Jut one drop? :D I must use a bottle a week!!! I could just pour it over ice!! :D

Thanks for the help ladies - have used Marigold in cooking before, will now look it up for a change from peppermint tea (ugh- looks like babies nappies!)
Agree with you BL - need at least 6 or 7 drops of the Habanero to give the soup some bite - if you're managing, will stick with that one!

HEy Karen, have you made a Chocolate shake yet with the peppermint tea? Makes it mint chocolate and its loverly!!! :)

Yeah, I've had no probs. I really love the green tabasco, which is kind of random to find over here - but that you would not be able to use because it has tomatoes in it. But the others should be fine.

Have you ever tried the smoked Tabasco? Seen it in the states but not here?

Good stuff those chilis!! :D

Back