quick question for anybody in the know!!!!

SO MUCH TO LOSE!

Must do it this time
ladies just thinking here to myself,
since starting cd ive had a threatening sore throat coming on and then disappearing again,now its at me at the minute but nothing i cant handle,my point is that im going away in 4 weeks and coming off cd for 2 weeks,will this sore throat eventually come through as im off everything and probably wont be getting all the vits and nutrients that i get every day on cd,i suffer from bouts of strep throat and would just die if i got it when away,
sorry to go on but any advice is greatly appreciated
thanks elaine x
p.s should i start taking my own lot of vitamins now to stock my body up before i come off cd????

ladies just thinking here to myself,
since starting cd ive had a threatening sore throat coming on and then disappearing again,now its at me at the minute but nothing i cant handle,my point is that im going away in 4 weeks and coming off cd for 2 weeks,will this sore throat eventually come through as im off everything and probably wont be getting all the vits and nutrients that i get every day on cd,i suffer from bouts of strep throat and would just die if i got it when away,
sorry to go on but any advice is greatly appreciated
thanks elaine x
p.s should i start taking my own lot of vitamins now to stock my body up before i come off cd????

hiya hunny, if no one can answer you on this why dont you give NHS direct a call, i used to work for them and they have health information advisors as well as nurses there who could help you.

debs x

hiya hunny, if no one can answer you on this why dont you give NHS direct a call, i used to work for them and they have health information advisors as well as nurses there who could help you.

debs x

thanks debs,but im in the good aul emereld isle,but ill have to sort something out as my strep throat has me laid up for days!!!!
thanks to all for the replys ladies
elaine

thanks debs,but im in the good aul emereld isle,but ill have to sort something out as my strep throat has me laid up for days!!!!
thanks to all for the replys ladies
elaine

you can send a query online now hunny doesnt have to be a phone call.

Just log on to the nhs direct website x

debs x

thanks for that,i will do that tomorrow and find out,
thanks for your help hun,
elaine x

Right this may sound so stupid but do you drink your water from a bottle? I do through one of those sports caps and i've had a sore throat ever since, I've heard others complain of this too. I'm not mad honest xxx

Right this may sound so stupid but do you drink your water from a bottle? I do through one of those sports caps and i've had a sore throat ever since, I've heard others complain of this too. I'm not mad honest xxx

yes i do,omg do you really think that this is whats causing it??????if so why would it be causing it????
i drink all my water from a 1 litre volvic bottle!!!!!i dont want to have to swap it over.

Could it be, if you're re-using the same bottle that the neck of the bottle is harbouring some bacteria? I dont know just thinking aloud :eek: If thats the case maybe try replacing the bottle more frequently?

Re the vitamins i'd think to start taking a supplement once your off CD would be sufficient, rather than start taking extra now? Just thinking theres been a lot of talk recently about how taking more than the RDA of certain minerals & vitamins can have a detrimental effect.

Anyhooo hope you get some answers from the NHS site, failing that maybe give your GP a quick bell?

Good luck!

lol I use a sports cap bottle and have a permanent sore throat too!

Hope you get it sorted. I was told by a chemist to make sure I took VITc supplements which had zinc also. I need to try and keep infection free as I can because my baby is immuno supressed, so I specifically asked what was best to take.

I may start using a glass aswell, a bottle is just so much easier.

there was an article somewhere about sports type bottles and the bacteria that they harbour. Dunno where i saw it, but after i read it i decided to stop sending my son to school with one.

I dont use one either now

debs x

Back