Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Quick question please

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by Janey82, 9 September 2008 Social URL.

1. Janey82

Janey82 Member

What's the best way to make the soups?
    Shall i shake in my shaker with cold water then heat in microwave, or make with boiling water in a mug or do it on the hob?

Any tips and hints will be gratfully accepted.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. cissie

cissie Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi Janey,
    I make mine with hot water from the kettle but make sure it isn't too hot if using a shaker as the extra pressure will make the lid pop! I have gone off the soups this week and stuck for sweet. Other way I used was with a hand blender found it got alll the lumps out!!
    xx

4. HopeSprings

HopeSprings Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.74%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Hi, I mix my soups with a little cold water first to make sure lumps are gone and then add hot water from the kettle. Ocasionally I use my blender but it makes them a bit frothy.

5. Janey82

Janey82 Member

Thanks alot, i'm going to have the oriental chilli one now mmmm!

6. LellyCD

LellyCD Trying to stay healthy!

hi janey, i use a blender for all my soups and shakes, i use some cold and some hot from kettle, blend it up then add a bit more hot from kettle so it's nice, smooth & hot!!

7. wizzbang

wizzbang Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I use the blender as well. I't has a jug with it with measurements on and I put the water in first, then plop the satchet's contents in and blend. I do it for about a min.
    If its soup I use water from the kettle, just like making a cuppa, if its shake I use cold water from the fridge but I haven't tried using ice yet because im not dead keen on icy cold things. Just lately thought I have made my banana shake with hot water or warmed in the micro coz it makes me feel yummy and content.
    Lynne x

8. Snowbaby

Snowbaby Wants to shed pounds more

I blend it with cold and heat up with saucepan (Havent got microwave).

9. raven123

raven123 Member

Hi I use cold water to mix into a smooth paste then add some water from the kettle.
    Then use my hand blender to whisk up. Not too much though as it ends up too frothy.
    I also make sure I have black pepper etc at the ready and some can get a bit repetitive.
    I haven't had any soups for months as I struggled with the flavours.

Good luck.

10. wizzbang

wizzbang Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Ive just had my least favourite for my evening meal, Leek and Pot, loads of pepper on makes it a bit more acceptable. Its a bit milky, but I like THIN better than i like SOUP so am not bothered !!lol
    Lynne x

11. dizzy154

dizzy154 Member

Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    call me mad but i really like all the soups especially chilli! the only one i just couldnt stomach was the spicy tomotoe...yuck! i use a blender too with hot water from the kettle x

12. Nibbles

Nibbles Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    9st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(24.86%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I like the Oriental Chilli the best, but usually end up eating the small leftover lumps with a teaspoon.
    I use hot water from the kettle , like a cuppa soup and just shake it in a plastic container with a lid.
    I can not face washing up my blender too.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.