Quick question please

Janey82

What's the best way to make the soups?
Shall i shake in my shaker with cold water then heat in microwave, or make with boiling water in a mug or do it on the hob?

Any tips and hints will be gratfully accepted.

Hi Janey,
I make mine with hot water from the kettle but make sure it isn't too hot if using a shaker as the extra pressure will make the lid pop! I have gone off the soups this week and stuck for sweet. Other way I used was with a hand blender found it got alll the lumps out!!
xx

Hi, I mix my soups with a little cold water first to make sure lumps are gone and then add hot water from the kettle. Ocasionally I use my blender but it makes them a bit frothy.

hi janey, i use a blender for all my soups and shakes, i use some cold and some hot from kettle, blend it up then add a bit more hot from kettle so it's nice, smooth & hot!!

I use the blender as well. I't has a jug with it with measurements on and I put the water in first, then plop the satchet's contents in and blend. I do it for about a min.
If its soup I use water from the kettle, just like making a cuppa, if its shake I use cold water from the fridge but I haven't tried using ice yet because im not dead keen on icy cold things. Just lately thought I have made my banana shake with hot water or warmed in the micro coz it makes me feel yummy and content.
Lynne x

I blend it with cold and heat up with saucepan (Havent got microwave).

Hi I use cold water to mix into a smooth paste then add some water from the kettle.
Then use my hand blender to whisk up. Not too much though as it ends up too frothy.
I also make sure I have black pepper etc at the ready and some can get a bit repetitive.
I haven't had any soups for months as I struggled with the flavours.

Good luck.

Ive just had my least favourite for my evening meal, Leek and Pot, loads of pepper on makes it a bit more acceptable. Its a bit milky, but I like THIN better than i like SOUP so am not bothered !!lol
Lynne x

call me mad but i really like all the soups especially chilli! the only one i just couldnt stomach was the spicy tomotoe...yuck! i use a blender too with hot water from the kettle x

I like the Oriental Chilli the best, but usually end up eating the small leftover lumps with a teaspoon.
I use hot water from the kettle , like a cuppa soup and just shake it in a plastic container with a lid.
I can not face washing up my blender too.

Back