quick question

wantitgone

may be silly question but how does the amount of water help with the weight loss?? as im drinking it but just wondered why someone said had her lowest weight loss one week but she hadnt been drinking enough?? sorry if sounds a bit silly i just dont see the connection, :eek:

im not sure but with me the more i drink the more i lose if i drink the recomended amount i know ill have a good loss that week if i dont i know ill lose less dunno why tho sorry

Hi - great question!
I think it's because the water helps flush out all the toxins and rubbish, plus it helps keep you full and properly hydrated. I know if your body starts to feel it is being deprived of water it will be less likely to get rid of its fat stores.

Hope someone has a proper answer for us.

Jon

Last edited:
oh thanks both of u ! i cant believe how im far less tired than ever!! i usually am so sleepy and was drinking up 2 20 cups of coffee a day now down to 2 as dont even really like it black :) thought id have severe migraines with withdrawal but no!!!

if your body does not get enough water it retains it so you wont dehydrate! this is why you will not lose as much weight (though it will just be water retention, not fat x)

For years I've said 'oh I have a water retention problem' and never thought anything more about it. Can't believe I'd gotten to 47 and didn't know that it was because I NEVER drank anything other than coffee (& wine) and the very occassional fruit juice.

One of the best things LT has done for me has gotten me into the habit of drinking minimum of 2lt water a day. My skin looks so much clearer it's wonderful.

For me it was working out how to drink the stuff. I used to gag when trying to drink it - now I drink luke warm water and have no trouble at all - funny eh!

Lisa x

Water is the key !!

I notice a big difference when I don't drink at least 2.5 litres a day in fact if I drink 3 litres it makes a bigger difference. I notice this more when Im not at work as being at work makes it easier for me to get the water down me as I am in a routine. When Im at home or on hols I often forget to drink as much and it really does affect my weight loss.

There was a fabulous post on here some weeks back about what it is that the water does and exactly how it affects the body
. But I can't find it :cry:

Arrrgh my laptop keeps playing up a
nd wants to write in italics and then goes back to normal.!! So apologies for disjointed writing!! ;)

An
yways here is some good tips about water and weight loss............

"Why IS adequate water consumption the foundation of a good weight loss program?

Actually, adequate consumption is a LOT more than that, it's the foundation of a healthy lifestyle. It's pivotal in a variety of critical bodily processes like...

o regulating body temperature

o lubricating the joints

o nutrient transportation

o removal of various waste materials from the body

o ensuring proper digestion

o maintaining healthy skin tone

And as far as benefits pertaining *directly* to weight loss?...

o water maintains and encourages proper kidney function, which increases the efficiency of the liver's fat burning ability.

o it also acts as an appetite suppressant -- people on diets who do not increase their water intake are generally much hungrier than those who do!

o water intake reduces water retention -- yes, believe it or not. If your body is deprived of water, it is more likely to hold onto what little it has. On the other hand, increasing your water intake will cause your body to stop hoarding its limited supplies. It's not unheard of for people to lose 3-4 lbs. of weight shortly after increasing their water intake.
o helps the body function at its most optimal level, which means its much easier to burn unwanted fat.

Note: It's important to note that whith water, don't include tea or coffee.

Tea and coffee contain caffeine, which has a dehydrating effect.

Water... just plain old H2O.

With that said, why isn't everybody drinking enough?
Well for one, I suspect that because it's such an unassuming liquid (no magic ingredients of any sort:), that it's hard to imagine it having such dramatic effects.
Other reasons?
Some people don't like the taste. Others are afraid they'll be fired from their jobs if they need to use the loo every 20 minutes. There are all kinds of reasons.

However, I'll make you a promise...

If you make a concerted effort to get through 2 of those 1.5 litre (50 oz) bottles a day for the next 3-4 days, I guarantee you WILL feel substantially better.

Because unless you are currently taking in that much water, there's a 99.9% chance that you are dehydrated

NOW! Here's what's really cool about this...

Because most of us have never been fully hydrated, we don't recognize that how we feel *right now, at this minute* is a result of water deprivation -- after all, we've felt this way for years, right?

Exactly.

But if you make an effort to drink those two bottles a day for a minimum of 3-5 days, you will notice an amazing difference.

Tips: How to Drink Your 80-100 oz of Water Daily!

First off -- this seems like a lot, but it isn't really (I've managed to drink 2X that -- or 4 X 1.5 liter bottles in a single day). Believe me, it's easy to do... if you are organized, and start early in the day.

Here's some tips that help keep me on track...

o Every evening, I like to make sure I've got a couple of bottles tucked away in the fridge so I can start the next day with ice-cold water. Lukewarm water is much harder to drink.

o For some unknown reason, I find it easier to consume my daily allotment if I drink it directly out of the bottle, and not from a glass. No idea why this is, but give it a try and see if it helps.

o I like to make sure my daily allotment is readily at hand. Like everything else, prepare for your success!

o If you'd like a nice long *uninterrupted* night's sleep, gradually drop off your consumption in the evening. ;-)

o Sip away at your water like you would anything else. Forget about how much you have to drink, just drink!

Oh, and just one more thing...

Initially, you will require more frequent loo breaks. Don't worry though -- things will settle down after a couple of days.

Get drinking! :) "

Good tips me thinks!! Only wish I'd written it!

thanks that brill!!! must say since drinking i do REALLY feel so much better, my husband always said i needed to i thought i was ok on my coffee!! my skin alot better and feel i have so much more energy and cant believe it! i hated the taste before but now im use to it and carry my little bottle everywhere and wont ever go back to not having it! apart from everything else i think the detox effect on my body has been great and it has made me realise what all the "rubbish" does to our bodies...thanks everyone

Back