Quickie re water

I know I'm seriously crap when it comes to the stuff (not drunk any significant amount for days - and I wonder why I'm gaining! :rolleyes:)

The thing is, the water here is seriously nasty (even my best friend's suggestion of putting it in the fridge - chlorine can't stay dissolved in cold water - hasn't improved the taste much - if at all...) It's so disgusting that even the cat won't touch it (he much prefers to go outside and drink from a bowl of rainwater (hmm...there's a thought...He might just be onto something there...No, I'm kidding honest, I'm not about to start drinking rainwater...:))

What can I add to it that will make it more palatable? M&S do a lovely raspberry cordial (also available in blueberry, which is just as yummy) but, of course like all things of that nature, it's very sugary.

Short of spending ££s on the bottled stuff, which I can't really afford to do, has anyone any suggestions...?

Cheers

Sarah

Which VLCD are you on as they do water flavouring on most of them. Might be worth asking your consultant. x

None - I can't afford 'em (see my previous post). Sorry, I didn't realise that this sub-forum was just for those on 'official' VCLDs - I don't have enough to lose that I could do one - and, as I'm disabled and on disability benefits, I can't afford 'em anyway (£60pw?! That's a fortnight's food bill!)

Thanks anyway m'duck!

Sarah
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

£30 pw on cambridge. Erm, you can get water purifiers cheap in argos, also you can get water filter tablets.

Good luck x

If by 'water purifiers' you mean Brita, I've got one, does bugger all to the taste (I searched Argos's website for 'water purifiers' but came up dry - pun intended...:))

According to the CD Web site, it's £40pw - where did you get £30 from...? What level are you doing...?

Thanks

Sarah

tesco value water is something like 17p a bottle, and tastes pretty decent if that's any help...

my water here goes through phases of tasting like chlorine, and you're right the brita filters do nothing for it.. if you're not actually following a strict VLCD you could get a no-added sugar cordial to add to it? supermarket brand ones aren't too expensive.. not very exciting I know, but still better than manky water!!

tesco value water is something like 17p a bottle, and tastes pretty decent if that's any help...

Not if I want to keep a roof over my head, it isn't! :D My mother has promised to disown me if I EVER bring home anything marked with the name of that store. There's one half finished in my town (you may recall something on the news nearly 2 years ago; I was away visiting my boyfriend at the time, had I come back the day before I did, I'd have been on the train that, very nearly, had the tunnel collapse on it! :eek:)

my water here goes through phases of tasting like chlorine, and you're right the brita filters do nothing for it.. if you're not actually following a strict VLCD you could get a no-added sugar cordial to add to it? supermarket brand ones aren't too expensive.. not very exciting I know, but still better than manky water!!

I'd like to follow a strict VCLD (just emailed my local CDC for advice and cost, etc.) I have 2 stone to shift and, by 'eck am I going to shift it! :mad:

Thanks, though,

Sarah
xxxxxxxxxxxx

just on th subject of price i answered your previous vlcd thread an told you abouy allaboutw8. This is £49 per week (four meal packs a day) (add postage of around a fiver if doing it online)price goes down the less packs you need. and you only need to have a bmi of 25 or over to start

Not if I want to keep a roof over my head, it isn't! :D My mother has promised to disown me if I EVER bring home anything marked with the name of that store. There's one half finished in my town (you may recall something on the news nearly 2 years ago; I was away visiting my boyfriend at the time, had I come back the day before I did, I'd have been on the train that, very nearly, had the tunnel collapse on it! :eek:)
would you be referring to the lovely gerrards cross store??? I used to get on that train all the time!!! if it's any help, I'd imagine all the major stores have their own version of the store-that-shall-remain-nameless ultra cheapo option :D

I'd like to follow a strict VCLD (just emailed my local CDC for advice and cost, etc.) I have 2 stone to shift and, by 'eck am I going to shift it! :mad:

if you're going for CD (which I'm assuming by the "CDC" :)) you'll probably end up paying between £38-£50 a week, depending on your height. it's worth the money though, because in the long run, you're doing it for a much shorter period than a conventional diet. that's why I've taken this route even though I don't really have the funds either..

I looked at it this way, I'd normally spend £25-£30 on my groceries a week.. then add on various subscriptions to all the different diets I've been on over the years, overpriced low fat foods, random exercise equipment, all the different weight magazines (one is never enough..).. I've spent a fortune attempting to lose weight over the years!!! this is the most success I've had :D

hope you get a good reply from your CDC :D

Being on a limited budget. I would try boiling the water first. Then adding crystal light to add flavor. Or maybe even a green tea bag. This may help mask the bad flavor of your water.

Back