Quorn Mince? Advice please

LouBou

Hi, have posted on my Calorie Counting bit but thought I would ask here to. Years ago I tried Quorn sausages (yuk), but have seen an advert for Quorn Mince - really, really love normal but have no idea if the Quorn one will be nice - can you use it like normal mince? Does it taste nice?

Any advice would be great - thanks, Lou x

Hi LouBou....I use it a lot mainly for things like spag bol and chilies and its lovely. I am veggie for years so no idea how it compares to real mince taste wise, I always flavour mine with lots of herbs and garlic and things. I think on its own it would be a bit bland.

Its very easy to cook with the only thing you might notice is its not as moist as mince so if you are making meatballs or burgers etc you will need something like egg to help it stick.

I will not touch Quorn or soya. I rather have a smaller portion of mince or nothing at all than this stuff as it makes me sick.

Hi LouBou....I use it a lot mainly for things like spag bol and chilies and its lovely. I am veggie for years so no idea how it compares to real mince taste wise, I always flavour mine with lots of herbs and garlic and things. I think on its own it would be a bit bland.

Its very easy to cook with the only thing you might notice is its not as moist as mince so if you are making meatballs or burgers etc you will need something like egg to help it stick.
Thanks, might try it - do you mind me asking if you use brown or white pasta? I presume brown is better for you (never tried it)?

Quorn mince is Loooooovely :D I've been vegetarian for most of my life and the quorn (and other veggie stuff) you can get these days is amazing.

I used to make a quorn spag bol and serve it with brown spaghetti and it was the yummiest thing ever.
The mince doesn't take as long to cook as meat though so make sure you dont burn it. It's already brown out the packet so some people find it hard to know when it's 'done'

Thanks, might try it - do you mind me asking if you use brown or white pasta? I presume brown is better for you (never tried it)?

I use both. My kids will not touch the brown stuff so have to have a bit of white around for them. :) I prefer brown.

I don't know it anyone else will agree with me but I think the brown stuff has more flavour. It tasts a bit nuttier or something. It does taste different so can take a bit of getting used to and brown pasta look weird :D so it can be hard to get your hear round but if you mix it with sauces you can't notice.

Back