Quorn (mince ?) What do I do with it ?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by paul1978, 13 March 2009 Social URL.

1. paul1978

paul1978 DO NOT QUIT !

Ive noticed on here that some people uses the Quorn (is it mince?) in their CD meals. But what do you do/make with it ? I could only find a "1 portion" packet of Quorn mince in Tescos. It was disgusting, all dry and yukky! Surely I was doing something wrong.

What do other people do with their Quorn mince that would fit into the SS+ meals?
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Kellybeeb

Kellybeeb Full Member

I dont really like the mince personally, i get the chicken pieces alot nicer and you can still have 200g, i also got asdas meat free meatballs which are very nice!
  4. paul1978

paul1978 DO NOT QUIT !

This is what I dont really understand. Quorn meatballs ?? Are you allowed them on SS+ ?
  5. Kellybeeb

Kellybeeb Full Member

Yeah as long as you get quorn with around 6 grams of carb per 100 g its fine, burgers are a no no and sausages you have to be careful with as they are just over 6grams
  6. paul1978

paul1978 DO NOT QUIT !

So, and sorry to keep going on about this, am I right in saying that you can have any Quorn products that are 6g of carbs per 100 grams ?
  7. Kellybeeb

Kellybeeb Full Member

As far as i am aware yes, i have had asdas meatfree range and quorn for the past couple of weeks on SS+ still in keto and still losing.
  8. Purple Hugs

Purple Hugs Loves weight.. training!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    I haven't strayed from the quorn chicken pieces and the mince.

The mince I put in water with veg then add to soup (using the water from the veg/mince so that I keep the nutrients from the veg). :) Add curry powder to a veggie soup and you have a lovely curry style soup :)

You can do this with the quorn chicken too.

Also have had quorn chicken 'stir fried' with the veg (pre-cook the veg) use water for 'liquid' and add seasoning of your choice (curry powder, chilli, paprika whatever powdered type floats your boat), let it dry out a little (the water) so there is only a tiny bit of water (and seasoning in the water) left.. the quorn takes it up nicely. :)

Mince you could do the same way and make it spicy if you like spice. Just watch using things like garlic /onion etc.

Oh and mince into the spicy tomato soup goes well :)

I have heard of the sausage chopped onto a salad, sounds good. :) They do quorn fillets also with coating but have NO idea how many carbs are in these, it's something I've eaten before CD (I'm Veggie).
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.