Quorn Peppered Steak ......Is this ok?

dukannotsofatty

Gold Member
Hi, I'm looking for advise please.

These were on offer in Asda today £1 for two steaks. So I decided to have a try and see what they are like. Was quite tasty and as it can be cooked in the microwave would be perfect as a quick fix if hungry.

But........... i don't know if its something I should have eaten really.

Please can you help.

per 100g

Protein 11.4g
Carbs 7.4g
Fat 3.8g

Its less than 5% fat but is the carbs ok on this.

Any vegetarians that can advise. I am hoping to buy some more tomorrow morning so that I can keep them in the freezer.

Well am hoping these are ok cos i've bought some more. If there is anyone who can advise inns be very grateful. X

I'd say they're fine. Maybe a teeny bit high on carbs but if they don't affect your losses then go for it. X

Also, any sugars?

It says 2.2g of sugars under the carbs bit. Thanks hun, x

I've been using Quorn since day 1. I dont know how much this has affected my weight loss, but I don't eat meat and have forced myself to eat fish for this diet, however I am still losing. The mince is low carb, but the ASDA version is lower.

thanks hunni, I think I am ok with it. I had it on Weds for my tea and still lost yesterday morning, but if there is a delayed reaction :D then i gained this morning. But it could also be TOTM, or the white wine I used in the recipe (from the dukan book) or eating my oatbran muffin to late yesterday. So many reason but all one conclusion...weight gain this morning.

I quite liked the taste of the steak so I will have it again. I have bought some more and like the idea that I can cook it from frozen so if my meal doesn't fill me I can at least have a back up LOL.

ooo yum, thank you. I had one for lunch with my salad.

Back