Quorn

sm1ler

I have only ever tried the quorn mince and wasnt that impressed with it!!
I was thinking about being brave and trying somthing new by quorn but not really sure what.
Can anyone give me some ideas of their fave quorn products and whether they are low syn or indeed free?? :D

Hiya

I'm a veggie and love quorn. But also wasnt impresses with the mince.
You can have quorn pieces which are free on green and can go in currys/stir fry/ pasta etc.
I think the sausages are free too but only the plain ones (someone may clarify that).
thanks for the advice, im glad it wasnt onlyme not liking the quorn mince!
when i was in sainsburys yest i saw a whole range of quorn in the freezer which i havent seen before, thats what inspired me to maybe give it ago!

the sausages are free but my personal fave are the peppered grills. yummy!

just remember not all quorn is free, theres some like nuggets have bread crumbs and some things have sauces like the hot pot so take your book with you

my favourites so far

cheese & leek sausages 0.5 syns each
cottage pie ready meal 500g 4.5 syns on green
lemon & black pepper escalopes 7.5 syns each
chicken style dippers 0.5 syns each

quorn mince free
quorn chicken style pieces free
fajita strips free

my favourites so far

cheese & leek sausages 0.5 syns each
cottage pie ready meal 500g 4.5 syns on green
lemon & black pepper escalopes 7.5 syns each
chicken style dippers 0.5 syns each

quorn mince free
quorn chicken style pieces free
fajita strips free

the red bit is ALOT of syns, if im having that much syns then im having real meat!!!

Depends what you want though. For convenience I had the cottage pie and loads of veg and it was great for just 4.5 syns. Another time I had 2 escalopes (15 syns) and a pasta n sauce packet and couldnt blinking move after, I'm such a pig. I hadnt had any other syns that day and it was really tasty.

I'm not keen on red days so for me the quorn things are great to have with pasta, potatoes or rice.

Depends what you want though. For convenience I had the cottage pie and loads of veg and it was great for just 4.5 syns. Another time I had 2 escalopes (15 syns) and a pasta n sauce packet and couldnt blinking move after, I'm such a pig. I hadnt had any other syns that day and it was really tasty.

I'm not keen on red days so for me the quorn things are great to have with pasta, potatoes or rice.
yeah thats true i guess, somthing nice to go with rice or pasta, i like sweet potatos so maybe the flavoured quorn things wud work well?

The swedish style meatballs are free (or v low in syns) and are GORGEOUS in pasta with a tomato and basil sauce!

just seen these on the quorn link, anyone tried them? i love bacon but these would be good on a green day! Streaky Bacon Style
Strips

I love the sausages, although haven't tried all the flavours. Not keen on the burgers,maybe I cooked them for too long, a bit too cardboard like! The picnic eggs are lovely too. Mince is ok as an emergency. I haven't tried the escalopes chicken type things - yet....

Charls x

Back