Quorn

GymClassHero

Silver Member
I've just re-discovered quorn, after stopping being a veggie 9 years ago, and i forgot how fab it is!

Im figure im going to try and have superfree meals this week to boost my losses and substitute my meat and fish for quorn.

I normally do red days so does anyone think this will have an impact on my loss?

Thanks in advance folks ;)

Just be careful not all quorn products are SF...just the mince, pieces and bangers, the other quorn products have a syn value, good luck with your weight loss this week.

We had quorn bangers for dinner with SW chips and beans, totally lush! I like to cook Quorn in Worcestershire Sauce for a bit of a kick.

We had quorn bangers for dinner with SW chips and beans, totally lush! I like to cook Quorn in Worcestershire Sauce for a bit of a kick.

Do you have the chilled or frozen sausages?

I bought the chilled ones this time round because i remember the frozen ones used to take ages to cook and you had to shallow fry them. How do you cook yours?

I bought the chilled ones this time round because i remember the frozen ones used to take ages to cook and you had to shallow fry them. How do you cook yours?

These were just the frozen quorn bangers but I left them in the fridge over night to thore out.

Me personally, I cut them in half when they have defrosted, whack some Worcestershire Sacuse in a frying pan and then just fry them in that.

Thanks for the tip Sarah Jayne. Im actually going to have 2 from breakfast tomorrow so im not sure if worcester sauce will be ok with my eggs so i'll try fry light instead.

Frozen is cheaper especially at the moment as you can get a packet of bangers or cumberland sausages for £1 in Tesco.

I know the instructions say to cook from frozen but I defrost them in the microwave for a minute and a half then slap them on the George Foreman. I brush them with worcestershire sauce too. They're done in 5 minutes and you don't need to stand over a pan which is great for breakfast time.

I prefer to clean a frying pan than my George Foreman lol, it always seems to take forever!

Brought 5 packets of Quorn Bangers from Tesco the other day due to that £1 offer, thought we better stock up!

Oh by the way Asda meat free meatballs are fantastic. 4 syns for the entire bag of about 28 meatballs and I only usually ever have about a quarter bag at a time.

Ill need to research that then ;) I love the peppered steaks, cocktail sausages oh and the escalopes, oh yes and the satay sticks lol

The mince, pieces and bangers are superfree foods hun but the list of foods that are just free is endless. The peppered steaks and the cocktail sausages are for definate. (I'm online as we speak lol) Stuff like the fajita strips, the swedish style balls and the labm grills are all free too. Sooooo much stuff i live on it lol xx

Back