Race for Life

XxKirstxX said:
Yep I will do. I am doing it on sunday 22nd may. You too when you doing it? I'm going to gym 3 times a week but it is so hard just now, I just need to get my fitness levels back up and Im sure I will be fine with it.

Mine is 3rd July. It will soon come round! I have a two year old daughter so I really am struggling to find the time. I am doing 30 day shred at the moment, but have to get up a 5am to fit it in. Once finished 30 day shred I am going to look at starting running. Was looking at the apps to get for my phone, but not sure which one would be best?

I know there is a lot of people on here that are doing the 30 day shred. Im not to sure about the different apps you can get...

Mapmyrun is a good Iphone app for running as long as you've got 3g :)

candyflee said:
Mapmyrun is a good Iphone app for running as long as you've got 3g :)

Thanks will have a look at that one x

Well that's me officially signed up for Cancer Reasearch 'Race for Life'. If you would like to sponsor me you do it on line by visiting my page on the following link.

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/kirstyheeps0687

In loving memory of my grandad who sadly lost his life to cancer.
Together we can beat cancer xx

Hi, I have done race for life for the last 4 years and it is amazing, I love it! I can't run so I usually walk & odd bursts of jumping, skipping and silly stuff to make it fun, we also complete it in fancy dress coz we get more sponsors that way lol x you'll have a great time x

Wow that sounds brilliant fun! Are you doing it this year? So far I have noone sponsor me but hopefully that will change soon after the weekend! Im not sure how else to fundraise apart from asking people to donate lol x

I haven't signed up yet but will do, it isn't till June for my nearest. Yeah asking people to donate, they have collection bins at race to donate old stuff for charity shops. We also find that the sillier you dress the more you get... We've been homemade superheroes, 80s, pretty in pink & this year I think we going for cheerleaders! I'm going to take my 5 year old and 16 month old dressed up too! :)

Sounds likes it's a really fun day, I'm actually looking forward to it :)

Cheerleaders! That sounds like a great idea! I think you have just gave me some ideas lol x

Yeah it will be a fun day x

Yeah cheerleaders was NOT my idea! My 5 year old has a major glee/high school musical thing - she wanted cheerleaders or Disney princesses and at the wrong side of 15st I ain't dressing as a princess lol!

Lol I wouldn't either! Cheerleaders will be fun. I'd love to do that lol x

I will be doing the race for life on July 3rd this year :D
Me and a group of family and friends do it every year without fail. None of us run, we walk it. And we dress up in matching outfits too! This year we're gonna be princesses lol

Dont worry if you cant run it. There are 3 groups (and each group starts at a different time) the runners go first, then the joggers and then the walkers.
So you're not all expected to run.
I did it with a broken foot one year and had to hobble!

I'm hoping to do the Race for Life this year, I think I'll be walking rather than running though. I'm also considering doing the Wirral costal walk it's 15 miles though :eek:

Blue Butterfly said:
I will be doing the race for life on July 3rd this year :D
Me and a group of family and friends do it every year without fail. None of us run, we walk it. And we dress up in matching outfits too! This year we're gonna be princesses lol

Dont worry if you cant run it. There are 3 groups (and each group starts at a different time) the runners go first, then the joggers and then the walkers.
So you're not all expected to run.
I did it with a broken foot one year and had to hobble!

That's the same date as the one I have signed up for (Cleethorpes ).
Dressing up sure sounds fun! :)
You did well to do it with a broken foot, that's dedication!!!! x

Ok. I'm seriously interested. I'll be doing the moonlight walk in July so I might as well do race for life too. It'll keep me on straight and narrow!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back