Racharoon's food diary

rjg123

Silver Member
Hi all - I went back to class last week after months of messing about. Ive only been back to the plan (which I know works as I lost 2 stone years ago) 3 days and I feel much better alraedy.
Please feel free to add tips/ advice/ say hello. Here goes ...

Monday 4th July - Green Day

28g porridge oats made up with water HEB
Bowl of mixed berries

Rice with chargrilled veggies, banana

Apple

Veggie Lasagna HEA for the cheese

1 Solero 5 syns

Rach

Last edited:
Didnt have the veggie lasagna!!! I went to tesco on my way home from work - spent ages picking lots of SW freindly foods to stock up the cupbaords but when I got to the till realised Id brought a different handbag with me to work and left my purse in the handbag Id used the day before! Arrgghh! Had wasted all that time for nothing. Was too hot and bothered to go back to tesco once I got home.

So.... in the end I made these gorgeous little quiche type things using some frylite fried onions, 2 eggs and 28g cheddar HEA which i cooked in a muffin tray.
I had these with new potatoes and salad.

I exchanged the solero for a 200ml bottle of pink cava which was just what the doctor ordered! 8syns

I really enjoyed my tea!

Tuesday 5th july

Extra Easy Day

BK - 28g Oats HEB, with starwberries and redberries

Snack - peach

lunch - Chicken breast chunks with large mixed salad, banana and plum

half a large white chocolate cookie 7.5syns

Snack - ? Will need something as im going to running club tonight - not been in ages and could be out for up to an hour???? PLaese, please do not let it be as hot as last night!

Tea - the veggie lasagna I didint have last night!

Am loving the plan so far - will need to keep a will of steel over the next few weeks where there are so may cakes and biscuits in the staffroom - will have to picture the rear view I saw in the changing rooms of M&S last week which has given me nightmares ever since!

Total - 7syns
Rach

Last edited:
Quick snack before running was some thick ham.

Running was SO hard last night. Havnt done a long run in ages - we went for 1hr and did 11k. The weather was supposed to have 'broken' but it was soo hot - just think of the calories burned!

Weds 6th july

Extra Easy Day

Bk - 28g bran flakes HEB, skimmed milk HEA, strawberries

Snack - mixed berries

Lunch - Low fat supernoodles with sliced chicken, chopped spring onion, an apple

other 1/2 of giant cookie - 7syns
Tea - ???? Maybe Tuna pasta

Last edited:
Tea - Potato and spinach curry (1/2 tbsp patak's balti paste - 1syn) with brown rice..... delish!

Also had 1/2 a curly wurly - have the other half the other half! - 3syns

11syns

Thursday 7th July - Extra Easy

First Weigh in later today - really nervous!!!!!

Today's planned food so far is....

Bk - 28g Oats and a banana

Lunch - leftover Chicken Breast slices , a chicken mugshot and a peach

Tea - Tomato rissotto which the OH made for me

185ml bottle of wine - 6.5syns

Last edited:
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I lost 5.5lbs in my first week. Am so so chuffed with that.
Know they wont all be like that though!

Friday 8th July - EE

Bk - 2 scrambled egss and 57g wm roll (HEB)

Snack - banana, passion fruit

Lunch - Jacket spud, Cheese (HEA) large salad and a pear.

Snack - banana and a kiwi

Tea - Supernoodles

1 cream crunch biscuit - 4.5syns

Last edited:
Saturday 9th July

Bk - Ham and melon (odd I know but just fancied it!)

Lunch - Mini sushi pack 1.5syns???, prawns,ham and salad

Tea - Salmon fillet and singapore noodles made with 1/2 tbsp olive oil (HEB)

185ml bottle of wine - 6.5syns

Was feeling a bit grotty - summer cold doing the rounds at work!! Really fancied chocolate in front of the telly but made do with a toffee muller ligth instead!

Last edited:
Sunday 10th July

Felt very hungry today - my star week and Im always revenous!!

Bk - 28g Bran Flakes (HEB) with mullerlight and berries

Went to a local show where there were dozens of food stalls. Really, really tempted by the thai street food one but managed to resist and find a jacket potato van - would have liked the chilli with it but there was no way of knowing how much fat was in it. So in the end I had........

Lunch - Jacket Spud and beans, a 500ml can of foster - 8.5syns ..... could well have carried on but thank god the rain came and put an end to the day!

Have found THE BEST new shop ever has opened up the high street - called Yogberries and it just serves fat free frozen yogurt. You can pick all sorts of toppings including chopped fruit; I checked witht he woman int he shop and she said the frozen yogurt is all SW friendly - woo-hoo! so I had a saintly FF frozen yogurt with raspberries and chopped strawberries - gorgeous!!

Tea - tuna, tomato linguine

1 curly wurly - 4.5syns (14.5syns total)

Managed a run last night - 40 mins worth, hard going in the middle but glad I kept at it.

Have a good day any raeders there may be out there???

Rach

Hi Rach, wow what a great start, over 5lbs in week 1 - reckon I might have to start running, although that thought if it feels me with dread !
the ff frozen yoghurt shop sounds good , I had a frozen ww lemon youghurt the other day that was lush.
Keep on as you have, both the food and excercise are doing wonders

Hi Rach, wow what a great start, over 5lbs in week 1 - reckon I might have to start running, although that thought if it feels me with dread !
the ff frozen yoghurt shop sounds good , I had a frozen ww lemon youghurt the other day that was lush.
Keep on as you have, both the food and excercise are doing wonders
Ah thanks Debridger - Im really enjoying SW so far. I know the losses from now on cant be that big but ive seen some amazing weekly losses from others on the site. Gives me faith in the plan!
Think the frozen yogurt shop will be a favourite haunt of mine this summer!

Monday 11th July

Green Day

Bk - 28g porridge oats (HEB) made with water, 1/2 banana and some redberries

Snack - apple

Lunch - Left over potato and spinach curry from the other day, another apple (must do big shop - no fruit left!)

Tea - That mexican potato bake from the last magazine, think will have double cheese (HEA x 2) though as have missed out on some healthy extra's this weekend!

I stopped having milk in hot drinks earlier this year and now drink green tea - it means that I should be having more cheese etc but it doesnt always fit in with my meals. Think might do a green and double up the portion every now and then instead?!?

Stop press!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didnt have my planned lunch or tea as I got a telephone call before lunch to say my OH had been rushed to A&E with abdominal pain and vomitting! Turns out it was a cluster of kidney stones... He's ok now but needs to go back to get them blasted!
Didnt eat anything all day until we got back from the hospital and couldnt be faffed making my planned tea. So instead I had:-

Mushroom omlette with cheese (HEA) and beans and then a curly wurly (syns)

Last edited:
Tuesday 12th July

Hoping for a less dramatic day!

Bk - 28g Oats, 1/2 banana and some strawberries

Snack - peach, 1 chomp (5.5syns)

Lunch - the potato and spinach curry I didnt have yesterday! a plum and an apple

pre run snack - ?

Tea - ?

Rach

Last edited:
Oh dear, what a day, I understand kidney stones are horrible, but the treatment is pretty routine these days, so I'm sure he'll be ok.
Good old faithful omlette comes to the rescue!!!
I like the sound of the curry, will have to find the recipe for that.
Careful with doubling your HEXs were told that 'saving' syns is ok, but HEXs not?
I'm thinking of a green day today, we're both off work, looking to go away for a few days - if it happens lol do very little in shopping wise, loads of stuff in the freezer. but not really suitable for both of us.... we'll see.

Have a good day
Deb

Kidney stones beat man-flu in the sympathy stakes anyway!

I was thinking of just having a red or green day now and then to get 2 portions of HEA, with not having milk thought this could be an option for getting enough calcium? What do you think?

do you just want to avoid milk?
I'll often heat mine up and use an options or cocoa, or make a milk rice pudding if I haven't had cereals or cheese

Green or Red days are great..... depending on how you eat - my green ended up being red today - hey ho, no problem, and I love being able to eat double bread!!

Yoghurts and lf cottage cheese are good for calcium, as are pilchards/sardines, if you eat the bones.

Tea last night was tuna pasta - simple but effective! Had it with my HEA 28g cheese grilled on top - just what was needed after running club.

we worked hard last night doing intervals - did a fast (for me) 5k of 25mins, then a jog, then 10 more minutes of fast pace, then 5 mins jog, then another 5 mins fast....... was kn@ckered! Hope to see the results of this on the scales this week!

Wednesday 13th July

Extra Easy Day

Bk - Oats (HEB) with strawberries and blueberries

Snack- peach and plum

Lunch - Left over tuna pasta-no chesse:-(
Mullerlight

Tea - planning a prawn noodle stir fry, just need to nip to the shop on the way home for some veggies!!!

Back