RachelS - Its been a long time!

Soup of the day!

Instead of staying in bed until the afternoon (believe me I wanted to!!), I decided to get up and go to the shops to get the gubbins I needed to make soup. My gran used to make the best soups and one of my faves was her Leek & Potato, I never had her recipe but thought Id give it a go anyway.
Im sitting in the living room just now and there is a glorious smell wafting through, so fingers crossed it'll be good.
I dont think Id mentioned before, but my mum who retired this year, decided to go on a 6 week trip to Costa Rica with her friend Ian (when I say friend I really do mean friend!), anyhoo, they are both very alike, stubborn as hell, so it was no surprise to get a text from Mum on Friday to say that he was this that and the other and she was leaving that moment etc!!!
I texted back to try and persuade her to sleep on it rather than pay x amount of money for return flights. But no, her mind was made up. She called this morning from Heathrow true to her word!!
Thing is, she will so regret this, this was not a cheap trip and she was enjoying it up until Friday. The return flights alone have cost her loads!
Daft woman!! I have never had a holiday abroad ever, I had my eldest when I was 21 and prior to that had just been working since I left school, I cant believe she has done this, what a waste!
Ah well, at least we'll have her over Christmas, the kids will be so chuffed!!

Well, Im off to check the soup and will pop back on Minis later x

Oh my god, i woke up earlish to make leek and potato soup! Its simmering away just now and smells lovely!! How spooky!! :)

Oh my god, i woke up earlish to make leek and potato soup! Its simmering away just now and smells lovely!! How spooky!! :)

Thats so bizarre!!!!:eek: I love winter, its a great excuse to make soups! Cant wait to have a bowl tho!

Re my boss, he seems to be a man of many hidden talents and funny ones at that!!:8855:

I know me too! I hate waiting for things! Trying to calm it down on the amount of potato I put in!Normally I put in millions of them! :) There is a wee man in Harry Ramsdens who does magic as you eat but everyone gets annoyed with him cause hes trying to get you to pick a card...any card whilst youre trying to have your fish supper! I love him tho, so he ends up just standing at our table! Its great for the weight watchers cause you dont eat any of your food! lol!
(my friends arent too happy!)

I know me too! I hate waiting for things! Trying to calm it down on the amount of potato I put in!Normally I put in millions of them! :) There is a wee man in Harry Ramsdens who does magic as you eat but everyone gets annoyed with him cause hes trying to get you to pick a card...any card whilst youre trying to have your fish supper! I love him tho, so he ends up just standing at our table! Its great for the weight watchers cause you dont eat any of your food! lol!
(my friends arent too happy!)

How weird, magic at Harry Ramsdens, my boss would love it!!:8855:
My soup must have been good by the way, my youngest who's a picky eater had 2 bowlfuls!! Yaay! Im going to have some for my supper. How was yours?

It was lovely! Made enough for three portions and it appears to be finished tho! Not ideal! Thats 3 points! oh dear! lol! Am quite full now tho which is good! :D Glad yours was lovely too!

Hi Rachel and a belated welcome to WW - I've not been about much lately so I've got TONS of catching up to do. Sounds like you're getting off to a good start there - and you've given me a craving for leek and potato soup so will have to make some tomorrow or Tuesday!

Always good to have another Heroes fan on here - can't see what you all see in sylar though; he's a bit creepy-looking and he has a strange mono-brow thing going on. Peter is lovely (with or without scar) and so is Gabriel. Nathan is slimy.

Which one of the women would you want to be?

Hi Rachel, just caught up with your diary. Sooooo many posts to read through

You seem to have settled in really well which is lovely and I will make sure I keep up to date now.

Must have a weigh in shortly anyway.

I love heroes too but only got series 1 on dvd (as I missed so many of them when they were actually on) and don't want to watch the others till I have seen all of series 1. So avoiding it like the plague so don't be giving too much away on here.

Rosie xx

Your soup sounds yummy. How your day going hun? How you had a lovely weekend.

Hi Keisha, weekend was fine thanks, had a bit of a spring clean yesterday and threw out 4 bin bags of stuff from my room alone?!!:eek: Hoarder or what!!

How are you feeling?

Always good to have another Heroes fan on here - can't see what you all see in sylar though; he's a bit creepy-looking and he has a strange mono-brow thing going on.

Which one of the women would you want to be?

:eek::eek: Silar is so lush!!! Cant help it tho, always attracted to the badboys and he is a bad un!!:rolleyes:
As far as the women go, I'm not sure, powers wise, I think I would want to be that girl (cant remember her name) who could watch something on tv and then do it straightaway?! That would be so cool!!

How about you?

Hi Rachel, just caught up with your diary. Sooooo many posts to read through

You seem to have settled in really well which is lovely and I will make sure I keep up to date now.

Must have a weigh in shortly anyway.

I love heroes too but only got series 1 on dvd (as I missed so many of them when they were actually on) and don't want to watch the others till I have seen all of series 1. So avoiding it like the plague so don't be giving too much away on here.

Rosie xx

I wont I promise!!! Its way addictive tho!
How are you doing anyway and when will your weigh in be? Mines on Tuesday, oops, thats tomorrow isnt it!!

Monday morning - Back at work

Didnt do much on Sunday apart from some cleaning, blitzed my bedroom and got 4 bin bags full of stuff!! Lordy, I must be a hoarder!:rolleyes:
tried to get the girls all enthused about doing the same but it didnt work for some reason? What is it about teenage girls and not seeing below eye level?
Anyhoo, they have been left with strict instructions to clean up today as Granny is coming for Xmas now and believe me, she's a neat freak with a white glove so they better get to it!! Ha ha!!

Best go now, loads to do workwise but will check back on later, hope you all have a fab morning!!:D

Hi Rachel - nothing like a good clearout is there - and good timing just before the place fills up again. My OH is going mental about our daughters bedroom as there is no room in there as it is and with Christmas and her birthday just round the corner - it can only get worse.

I weigh in on a Wednesday normally but this week I am going to the class on Tuesday morning as my own class is not running so will be weighing a day early.

Fingers crossed for us both, then. x

Hi Rachel - nothing like a good clearout is there - and good timing just before the place fills up again. My OH is going mental about our daughters bedroom as there is no room in there as it is and with Christmas and her birthday just round the corner - it can only get worse.

I weigh in on a Wednesday normally but this week I am going to the class on Tuesday morning as my own class is not running so will be weighing a day early.

Fingers crossed for us both, then. x
Most definately!! Im not going to be to hopeful cos its my second week but you never know!
Good luck!! :D

Hi Jen, I was the same with CD laterly and with LL, I lost nearly 5st with LL but once Id cheated, that was it, I couldnt get back into it. Im finding it a lot easier on WW so far, not that I want to tempt fate!!
I know the 5lb loss is good, believe me, just felt a bit of an anti-climax on the day for some weird reason. I suppose its cos 5lb is a very small dent in what I have to lose, but at least its made an mpression eh?!!
How are you doing anyway?:p

Sorry, just read this....doing fine thanks!! hee hee!!!
Going to brave the shoppers and get some last min shopping done then perhaps make some more leek and potato soup! Its just right for this weather! :) Hope the day is treating you well and the weather is not as bad with you! Its been a bit mental here!

Sorry, just read this....doing fine thanks!! hee hee!!!
Going to brave the shoppers and get some last min shopping done then perhaps make some more leek and potato soup! Its just right for this weather! :) Hope the day is treating you well and the weather is not as bad with you! Its been a bit mental here!

The weathers been fine today which is unusual for here, Aberdeens usually rainy and windy!
All my soup is finished, gonna make lentil soup tomorrow or butternut squash, one of the 2, it made a nice change taking some in for my lunch today.

Im not able to do my last minutge shopping until xmas eve, really last minute! I'l have to plan better next year.:rolleyes:

Oh bollocks!!! Just wrote a mammoth post and lost it, I hate my ruddy laptop!!! Main thing is Im well fed up, hate barsteward ex, he's a swine, causing more trouble. He's like a ruddy bad penny, turns up everywhere. Aaaarrgghhhh!!!
Severely considering contacting the mafia, do they have connections in Aberdeen? Hee hee!! :8855:

Back