RachieB's Diary

Morning Rachie, how's it going?

Morning Jim, how are you? Well my first 4 days have been completed on LL, but I find it really odd that on pure Atkins I was in ketosis asap and my stick was a nice light pink colour. When on LL my stick is beige. I have looked at the carb count on the packs and the carb amount is massive!! If I have a bar and 3 shakes, the total carb count is 45g-60g per day ouch!!!! I am considering that to decrease my intake of carbs I may start playing around with the vlcd and see if by substituting a bar for a pack and eat a small portion of protein then I shall be in ketosis.

I like the vlcd since this week and next week I am in London and so it makes life so much simpler, but I do miss my meat and cheeses. I will stick to the vlcd as it has worked for me in the past but I am very strong Atkins follower, I've just not had chance to get on here over the past week ;(

How are you all doing? xx

Hi rachie, I'm fine love, you do whatever suits you best love, though I was always starving on VLCD

I really struggled on Saturday Rachie and ended up having a meal but even then wasnt happy. I think the increase in carbs has a lot to do with increasing hunger pangs. I also think when you have gotten used to a lower level of carbs its harder to get into ketosis on such a high level. I actually never got into ketosis with Exante and I think its because Id been doing Atkins beforehand. It does make it so much harder but it is doable.

Back