Rach's 30 day shred and slimming world diary

rachel1984

Right, after deciding I needed to tone as well as losing weight. I'd read fab reviews on here about the 30 day shred and thought I'd give it a good go! I'll obviously not manage 30 in a row because of Christmas, but will do it up until around 23rd and then start again on 27th.

I'm starting tomorrow. I will measure tomorrow before starting and will update on my progress as I go along.

I'm scared!!! I know it will hurt!!! But, I really hope this shows good results.......Watch this space......

Kirstym: Well done :) I hope I'm still alive by day 4!!!

My starting measurements:
Waist: 30inch
Hips:38 inch
Bottom: 40 inch
Right thigh: 23 inch
Left thigh: 23 inch
Bust: 36 inch
Under bust: 29 inch
Right upper arm: 12.5 inch
Left upper arm: 12.5 inch

Think I've covered most body parts there????? Size wise I'm currently around a 13 (Is that possible?). 14's are getting too big but not quite in the 12's yet. Nearly there and would love to be there by Christmas :)

Not sure what else I can do so that I can put day 1 off any longer :) Got my tins ready for my weights. Gonna put my trainers on and...................................here goes. xx

Day 1 went surprisingly well. To be honest after reading all the reviews I thought it would be a lot harder. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't easy but I was expecting some kind of torture!!!xx

After spending all day thinking "What is everyone on about? I don't hurt!" I woke up this morning aching from yesterday's workout!! At least it shows I did it right!!!

Day 2 done........it was tougher today, possibly from the aching, possibly from the bottle of wine I drank last night :S

Back in work tomorrow so will be getting up extra early to complete day 3.xx

Well done on day 2 - sorry the aches and pains caught up!! I did find day 2,3,4 hard as my muscles felt like they had seized up, however that is beginning to get better - would like to add not pain free though (however you are prob much fitter than me!!)

The worst bit now is hearing her say the same thing every day - its doing my head in!! Only 4 days till level 2 though so im sure I will be wishing myself back to level 1 :) K x

Well done Kirsty. I hope you're right!! It's a positive pain though (if there is such thing) because I know it's me getting slimmer and fitter and more toned!!! Did you take measurements at the beginning? Can you see/feel a difference yet?xx

I did yeh - I haven't remeasured yet, leaving that until day 15 but I have to say I have noticed a diffence in my arms and legs, there is some definition beginning to show itself - I couldn't believe it after only 5-6 days!! I haven't noticed too much around my stomach but then there is ALOT of work to do there so think that will take a bit longer haha!! K x

Ok - well after 2 workouts I can really feel my muscles!!! My calves, thighs and arms mainly. I'm a bit worried about tomorrow's workout because it's going to be pain on top of pain :(

Ah well......no pain no gain as they say :) xx

That's day 3 done :) 10% of the programme completed now. Wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be today xx

That's day 4 done :)

Seems to be getting easier and hurting less. Can only be a good thing :

Well that's days 5 and 6 done :)

Managing to follow Natalie for most of it. The only real problem I'm having are the pressups!! Managed 10 this morning of Natalie's before having to go back to the simpler version!!! 4 more days left of level 1!! xx

That will be day 7 done :) Definately losing inches already!!xx

Well..........did a week and then Christmas time came along and did loads of overtime in work so everything got put on hold. The week I did was good. Definately lost inches - my waist went from 30 to 28 in a week. It's back at 30 now though :-(

I have recently re-started.................but instead of doing this one dvd for 30 days I have decided to make it a longer plan and mix it up a bit. I've also got a kettlebell dvd and the JM's 6 week 6 pack so going to be doing different things to keep things interesting!!

I do like the 30 day shred though and it definately works. After reading loads of reviews on here I thought it would be a lot tougher than it was.

Have you started it? How are you getting on?xx

Hiya. I have just completed L1 D7...... its getting easier each day :) I am a bit scared of level 2, a lot of other threads say its the worst one. I am determined to complete my 30 days though. I haven't measured myself again yet, was waiting for day 15. I do feel more toned already, but was a bit disappointed I have put on weight.... & my jeans are tighter around my thighs :(

Let me know what JM other dvd is like, if I survive this one I might get more to keep it interesting. x

Back