Rach's not so fat momma diary!

rjg123

Silver Member
Hi all - im rachel. Ive been on minimins for a while and have hsd sucesses with SW and WW in the past. I got married last august and had a bit of an extended honeymoon foodwise!!! I got my BFP on 1st March (at the heaviest ive been for a while - trust me!). This is my first pregnancy.
Last week we went for a private early scan (8 weeks) and discovered im expecting TWINS!! V excited and quite nervous.
I had my booking app on weds and saw i already have a BMI of 29 do have decided to follow SW to stop me needing my own postcode by 38weeks! Ive been a bit nauseous but no pukey, super hungry though for rubbish like bread and salty crisps and snacks etc. Hoping eating well will stave off this though. Will go back to joining a group next week.

Any thoughts/ tips greatly received.

Friday

Bk - bacon omlette, mango pieces, milky decaf coffee HEA ( only seem to be able to stomach tea or coffer in the morning - makes me gag the rest of the day.

Lunch - corn thins HEB, low fat hummous HEB, vegetable couscous salad & grapes

Tea - chicken and vegetable curry (made with 1 tbsp of pataks curry paste = 1syn) with boiled rice.

Snack - 1 pack of snack a jacks =6 syns
Banana

Last edited:
Don't know why that thread posted twice??? Add onto yesterday more syns for special k crisp things. Really hacked off - i bought a box of salt and vinegar ones yesterday thinking they'd help with my salty/ savoury craving. On the box it said 95cals, so i thought this would be good for a 5 syn snack. But when i opened the box there are no packets, it was just one big grab box. Hello!! Portion control!! Needless to say i ate more than planned ( guessing about 12 syns worth). Own fault but Grrrrr!!! I then ended up thinking ah well - i don't start group until Wed. Can't think like this though as im more than capable of putting on about 4 lbs between now and then!!

New day - feeling a bit icky this morning. Just been sipping on spite zero this helps.

Think we are going for a curry later; will have a tikka of some sort, very little sauce with salad and boiled rice. This means i need to be super good today - whatever i can stomach!!

Hello!!

I too am preg and u fortunately fell foul to the Special K cracker crisp box! Lol. Ate the full box (was 20 syns for the full box so u know)
However, binging on them like I did has put me off completely and the 2nd box has been sat on the shelf for over 2 months now :-(

Hope u have a good day! X

Well i bit the bullet and went back to group. Not half as bad as i was expecting. Just 3lb on so far - god knows how????
My consultant was new so the regional rap was there meaning she had loads of advice. She'd followed the plan last year when pregnant and only gained 8lb, she was about 12st ish to begin with.
They will not comment on any gains and said the midwife should give me a weight gain limit. Hope to shift a couple of pounds in the last few weeks of my first trimester then see about damage limitation!!

Thurs

Bk - bran flakes HEB, milk HEA, banana
Snack - apple

Lunch - jacket spud, cheese HEA, salad. Berries

Tea - veggie omlette, beans & SW wedges

Syns - strawberry tart 14 syns (ouch!)

Last edited:
Friday

Bk - 35g crunchy bran HEB, milk HEA, mango and grapes

Snack - more mango

Lunch - jacket spud, salad, cheese HEA

Tea - eating out with the girls. Going to try for either a pasta dish or something meaty with new pots etc!

Edit - ending up having parma ham and melon starter (had to be pushy to go for starters as others wanted us to share huge garlic bread!!) followed by spaghetti with meatballs. Will check the syns in the morning.

New favourite tipple ... Slimline bitter lemon. Loving it!

Last edited:
Looks like your doing well, wish i started being good earlier in my pregnancy then just the last few weeks! well done

Looks like your doing well, wish i started being good earlier in my pregnancy then just the last few weeks! well done

But you've done so well with only a 1st 10lb gain. Most of that is baby, water, placenta, extra blood etc! Was reading in my 'what to expect' book how all of these things add up. Not long for you now! Exciting. X

Sat

Bk - bread HEB, boiled & melon

Lunch - mixed salad, couscous, chicken and cheese HEA
Snack - ryvita minis HEB

Tea - chicken rogan josh and boiled rice - 6syns, poppadom 4 syns
3 large wine gums??

All my syns used today. Oops!

Last edited:
Not having the best of starts to my SW journey!! Been a busy weekend with more eating on the run than id like!!! Must hall it back between now and weds evening!

Sunday
Bk - wm roll HEB, bacon medallions. Melon (at least important getting some superfree in!)
Lunch - ate a barburrito ?!? Not sure if any knows much about the syns. It looked quite good. Brown rice, salad, a spoon of spicy beans, grilled chicken and a spoon of salsa. Calling it 5 to be safe.

Tea - 75g reduced fat feta HEA, salad. 7 olives - 1 syn
More melon!!

Last edited:
Happy Monday everyone. I've been on a course from work today so it was as hotel lunch. I'm pleased with the fairly sensible choices I made considering i could have hit the pastries at coffee and chips with dinner!

Bk - fruit salad and Muller lite

Snack - small box of raisins HEB

milk - HEA

Lunch - cod with tomato sauce, steamed veggies. Pasta (a small bit of oil on it - calling it 1tsp 2 syns)
Fruit, 1 hovis digestive 3 syns, a matchbox piece of cheese HEA. 1 extra strong mint 1 syn

Tea - large mixed salad 25g reduced fat feta (think this is a craving) 3 syns, wm bread roll HEB.
Banana & shape yogurt

Just planning tmro!

Milk HEA, crunchy bran HEB banana

Snack - grapes and melon

Lunch - couscous and cumin spiced veggies, muller light

I've just got in from work so exhausted! Shattered! Also ravenous. Other half is out so I've had the crappiest tea!
Mild curry supernoodles 3.5syns, a boiled egg and a brown roll. No superfree i know but i just needed cards. Hope that doesn't affect my weight loss.

Oh and i had 2 chocolate biscuits at work today. Kind of like small Rocky robin's which are 5.5syns each so i know im within my daily syns.

Back from 1st weigh in and I've lost 2.5lb!?! Chuffed to bits as id have been happy with a sts. Every pound off now is a bonus for later!!!

Weds

Bk - fruit salad & muller light
Lunch - feta HEA Salad, grapes, brown bread toll HEB
Tea - Beef & rice noodle stir fry. Oil 5syns

After such a positive weds the grotty feeling was back Thursday and all i could do was eat!! Not been on plan for 2 days and i feel shocking for it. Felt so uncomfortable going to bed last night - only had fish finger wraps for tea but think the white bread id had at lunch did the damage! Back on plan today x

Hope today is a good one. Congratulations on expecting twins xx

Am back on track today. A bad night has taught me a lesson.

Sat

Bk - lots of ham and pineapple (???? I fancied it!)

Lunch - pasta and sauce, banana, danone thick yogurt - not sure how many syns? Fat free yogurt with blueberry compost underneath. Am calling it 3 syns

Tea - Grilled chicken, new potatoes, large salad, feta HEA. May also have a bread roll for a HEB if im hungry.

Syns -curly wurly in front of the telly tonight! 6

Last edited:
That sounds like a very healthy day. I'm just lopsing weight to ttc so fingers crossed il be doing my own food diary on here soon x

That sounds like a very healthy day. I'm just lopsing weight to ttc so fingers crossed il be doing my own food diary on here soon x

Got my fingers crossed for you. It took us about 6 months tc - at my heaviest!!!

Sunday food

Wm bread HEB, bacon, 2 tsp clover light 3syns - gorgeous!!

Back