Rach's Weight Loss Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
good morning all! :D just about to head out to work again but thought I would quickly update my food plans for the day :)

B - 60g shreddies (3) and 1/2pt skimmed milk (1)
L - chunky beef casserole (3.5) and free vegetables (0)
T - young's fish gratin (8.5) and broccoli (0)
S - 2 clementines (0.5) 200g grapes (2) diet coke (0) 2 slices toast (3) tomatos and mushrooms (0)

total: 21.5 / 24 pts

hope everyone has a good day! I have to stay late at work for a customer service course :(

Last edited:
Wow Rachel - great loss this week. It sounds like you are back in the zone. Next week is a big week for you - how exciting! That will spur you on even more as you will be breaking your record week after week after week. Well done xx

aww thanks Lea :)

well, day two back on points going pretty well - I have to say, my points are stretching much further now that I am giving myself 5 minutes to plan the day ahead :) had a bit of a sweet tooth today but its all under control!

B - 60g shreddies (3) 1/2pt skimmed milk (1)
L - chunky beef casserole (3.5) frozen carrot, cauli and peas (0.5)
T - 1/2pk Young's Fish Gratin (4.5) leeks and mange tout (0)
S - 2 fruit chews (0.5) 2 clementines (0.5) cadburys creme egg (3.5) packet of ww fruities (0.5) 200g grapes (2) diet coke (0)

total: 19.5 / 24 points

by the time i got up for my break, they had stopped serving breakfast.. I was starving by the time it came to my lunch - usually if i'm not working I have breakfast about 9 or 10 - that tides me until maybe 1/2ish.. but if i'm on earlies at work, then i'm having breakfast before 7, and not having lunch until after around 2ish.. even my super shreddies don't keep me going that long, hence why i usually opt for 2 slices of dry toast with tomatoes and mushrooms - nice and filling and pretty low pointed too.

The fish gratin is dead salty.. i definitely would NOT recommend it to anyone - maybe its because I dont buy as many ready meals these days, but I've gone off a lot of them. Didnt realise how many points were in a full pack either (they're weight watcher meal size portions so pretty small and you're only supposed to have half?!) but I guess for 20p a pack, BOGOF, i don't feel like i'm wasting too much money by chucking the other 3 away.. even the cat won't touch it and she's a rescue cat - they're not fussy!!

Off to the cinema tonight again :) love wednesdays. Either going to see Bolt, Vicky Cristina Barcelona or Confessions of a Shopaholic. I still want to see Benjamin Button but apparently it's over 3 hours long and Suze (my "date" for the evening :D) has arranged to see it with her work mates.. considering she's sponging a free seat outta me, you'd think she'd let that go and let me see my film!! :p

On a completely different note, Benefiber is fantastic. After constant pain from friday to yesterday, it has finally kicked in (started taking it night before last) and I'm now pain-free! :D FABULOSO!

Oh and the customer service training was actually quite good :) it was 2.5hrs but I enjoyed it and it was really quite interesting. I am upset that customers believe that Tesco and Asda colleagues are more friendly and helpful than us! I must try harder at work :p

thanks Sandy :D i've read the first couple of books but then I became bored.. interested to see what they've done with the film though :)

Hope you like the film, fill me in as I'm going on Monday and need a heads up on what to go for.

Glad you are back on track ...you'll see another good loss next wi.

M

http://www.justgiving.com/rachaelcraven

my link is in my signature now, just incase anyone wants to sponsor me still :)

Confessions of a Shopaholic was really good - a really good feel good chick flick if you want something that doesn't require much thinking :)

food today has been... hmmm.. pretty awful - oops! ah well - new day tomorrow :)

food for today:

B - 2 slices bread (3) 2 slices lean back bacon (3) mushrooms (0) 1/2tsp oil (1)
L - sainsburys pork sausage (9)
T - 2 chicken thigh fillets (4.5) carrots, onion, garlic, passata (0) and 75g green lentils (1)
S - cadburys creme egg (3.5) 300g grapes (3) and 2 cadburys fudges (4) large banana (2)

total points: 34 / 24 points..

gone over but I had 4 AP from swimming on tuesday, i saved 4 tuesday and i saved a couple yesterday too, so i'm safe :)

chocolate / bad food binge day over! :)

(just been told off by Matty too for going over :p)

planned food for tomorrow:

L - quorn cottage pie (5.5) and broccoli (0)
T - lentil and mozzarella bake (10.5) with free salad (0)

total: 20 / 24 points

Last edited:
Well done on the 4lbs Rach and good luck for the swimathon - I've sponsored you x

Jane, I think the lentil bake was a sainsbury's one x

yes Jane its a sainsburys recipe, pointed it wrong though, its 8pts per serving:

Lentil & mozzarella bake - Sainsbury's - Try something new today

however when I look at it, could probs easy get it down to less points if you use passata and herbs instead of the sauce and reduce the olive oil etc..

i've not tried it yet though so will let you know how it is :) have you tried the chicken and lentil hotpot? thats gorgeous.. it's not online so posting it for you :)

Chicken &
lentil hot pot
Items from your
store cupboard:
olive oil, chicken
stock cube
Total cost £4.89
500g chicken thighs
£1.65
2 loose carrots 17p
Garlic bulb 35p
500g tomato &
herb sauce 89p
Casserole selection
pack 99p
500g green
lentils 84p

Serves 4
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes

1. Skin 500g chicken thighs and fry in a flame-proof,
non-stick casserole dish or pot with 1 tablespoon olive
oil until browned, then remove and set aside.
2. Lightly fry 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed, in the casserole
dish. Peel the vegetables in the casserole selection pack and chop
into small chunks, then add to the garlic. Add an extra 2 carrots,
peeled and chopped. Fry for 5 minutes.
3. Add 320g green lentils to the dish along with 500g tomato & herb
sauce. Stir in 750ml chicken stock, made with 1 chicken stock cube.
4. Return the chicken to the dish. Cover and cook on a low heat for
30 minutes or until everything is tender and cooked through.

I dry fry my chicken thighs - i don't get the basics ones, i get the ones they sell on the fresh meat counter instead, roughly about 50p a thigh fillet - they're already skinned and pretty lean. I only make two portions (cause i only cook for myself / myself and Matty) and mine works out as 11 points for a 2 person recipe - 9points for 4 chicken thighs (about 350g) 150g green lentils (2) and the rest is all free :)

Last edited:
glad i could help :)

thank you so much to everyone who has sponsored me so far for Comic Relief - I really appreciate it! :)

day going to plan so far - work at 2pm until 7, nice easy 5 hour shift - fridays are generally quite busy so it should go fast :) Matty really liked my chicken and lentil hotpot last night - he's taken the recipe to make it himself at home so rather proud of myself (even though its from a sainsburys recipe card haha)

looking forward to doing some more cooking later :) i'm really getting into my cooking at the moment - i find it really quite therapeutic if its just for myself - if its for more than just me then i often feel stressed out that i'll hash it up though haha :)

Think I might hop on my bike for half an hour and rack up some APs.. feeling quite antsy and I don't have anything else that I would rather do (note i do not say needs doing.. as i do have other things, like painting.. or washing dishes.. or hoovering.. or generally anything tidying-related :p)

the chocolate is well out of my system now which is good :) also, its out of my house so I'm stuffed if I want some! :p

food plan:

T - lentil and mozzarella bake (8) with free salad (0)
S -

total: 17.5 / 24 points

Last edited:
well i multiplied the values per half pack serving by 2, then keyed into my calculator and it gave me 5.5... sorry Manny! :(

Morning Rach

So pleased to see you still on track and in domestic goddess mode. I'm planning to try that bake next week.

M

are you still low carbing Aunty M? x

okay, i'm now twitching.. just thrown an almost full loaf of bread in the bin because i could just tell i was heading towards devouring all of it. I hate bread, why cant you just buy 2 slices at a time?!

T - lentil and mozzarella bake (8) with free salad (0)
S - 1 slice bread (1.5)

total: 19 / 24 points

..and the worrying thing is now, that in my head i'm thinking.. "Cant believe i've wasted all that food. Its still in the wrapper. Maybe i should get it back out of the bin."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back