Rach's Weight Loss Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackwidow

Gold Member
well, everyone else seems to have one and I thought if I write it down it'll spur me on to keep going :)

yesterday was weigh-in 3, but normally i weigh myself mid morning around 10ish, but I was sat on a train from half 6 until half 4, and then was so tired I forgot until I think around half 10 last night.. oops! :p

Scales say I've put 4lbs on, so a total loss of 1lb over 3 weeks. Not phased though because Wii Fit says (who said video games cant be educational? :)) your weight fluctuates +/- 2.2lbs each day, and also i've felt really bloated the past few days as its TOTM. So i'm going to allow myself 1lb of that as TOTM/day fluctuation and say I've put 3lbs on.

As I always do when I put weight on, I did feel a bit bummed this morning so I've gone onto Core for the week, as I tend to find when I'm bummed that I dont want to count points so Core is going to be my answer to that! (Planning Ahead like the book tells me! :)) Also, I went swimming to cheer myself up and did my 64 lengths so I feel much better for my mile in the pool. Have planned out my meals for the next few days, and am really enjoying that I can sit with a bunch of grapes to snack on and not feel cheated out of my points allowance haha!

So, plans for the rest of the week are to swim again tomorrow and go to Aquafit on friday as I missed my usual session while I was away on monday, and hopefully I will knock those 3lbs back off by next tuesday. :)

-------------------------------------------------------

Weigh In Info:

WI1: -2lbs WI2: -3lbs WI3: +4lbs WI4: -9lbs WI5: -0.5lbs WI6: -3.5lbs WI7: -1lb WI8: -4lbs
WI9: -2lbs WI10: -3lbs WI11: -2lbs WI12: -0.5lbs WI13: +3.5lbs WI14: +3lbs WI15:-5lbs WI16:-4lbs WI17:-4lbs WI18:+13lbs WI19:-9lbs WI20:STS WI21:-4lbs WI22:-0.5lbs WI23:+0.5lbs WI24:-4lbs WI25:STS WI26:+2lbs WI27:+5lbs WI28:-4lbs WI29:-6lbs WI30: +6lbs WI31:+2lbs WI32:-8lbs WI33:-1lbs WI34:+4lbs

Edit: putting this here for ease of use when i'm not on my pc!

Light Activity is your current weight x # of mins x .000232

Mod Activity is your current weight x # of mins x .000327

Heavy Activity your current weight x # of mins x .0008077

Last edited:
Oh my god 64 lengths!! thats amazing, makes me feel ashamed of my 15 lengths (15 mins) this morning LOL!!!

If you normally weigh in the morning but you weighed at night that that +4lb may not be totally accurate and I am sure you will be in for a pleasant surprise next weigh.

Welcome to the boards by the way x

Hi :) .. welcome Im surprised you wernt bored to tears by reading my diary :) .. defo saves ya a few quid though :giggle: ...

Well done on the swimming thats an amazing amount of lengths! .. I can just about manage 10 lol ... way to go!
Look forward to reading your diary :)

WOW thats a good swim 64 lengths... I agree.... if you normally WI on a morning, it's prolly not accurate in teh evening by a fewlb's....

Good luck with this week x

Nas x

Oh my god 64 lengths!! thats amazing, makes me feel ashamed of my 15 lengths (15 mins) this morning LOL!!!

If you normally weigh in the morning but you weighed at night that that +4lb may not be totally accurate and I am sure you will be in for a pleasant surprise next weigh.

Welcome to the boards by the way x

thank you very much :D

Hi :) .. welcome Im surprised you wernt bored to tears by reading my diary :) .. defo saves ya a few quid though :giggle: ...

Well done on the swimming thats an amazing amount of lengths! .. I can just about manage 10 lol ... way to go!
Look forward to reading your diary :)

WOW thats a good swim 64 lengths... I agree.... if you normally WI on a morning, it's prolly not accurate in teh evening by a fewlb's....

Good luck with this week x

Nas x

thank you both v. much :D

well, back on core and feeling much better already. Had:

B - melon chunks and l.f yoghurt
L - prawn omelette with tomato and these weird things i found at asda last night called mung sprouts.. they taste like sugarsnap peas on their own, but i just threw em in my omelette anyway!
T - spaghetti bolognese (my favourite)

and a banana about half an hour ago.

Does pool water count towards your fluid intake? I was in with one very VERY hot man today, but he splashed like a drowning cat and i kept getting it right in the face! Also, only had time for 3/4 mile (48 lengths) today before I was overrun with small children so I got out, although I have taught myself front crawl and backstroke since I started going a few weeks back (love going when the school kids are learning because I just copy what they're told :D haha!) and have built up my strokes so now I'm managing sets of 4 of front crawl / breaststroke / backstroke / breaststroke pretty easily. Not sure if I'm doing them correctly but I like having a goal to aim for when exercising so going to carry on :)

one depressing thing about losing weight though is how expensive healthy food is! I work for Sainsburys as well, so my friends are embarrassed when we go together as I comment constantly on the different prices and that I read the labels on things before putting them in my trolley. I did do quite well though, and my fridge is now stocked with lots of healthy food (including my favourites - watermelon, grapes, strawberries and asparagus.. which i eat seperately from the fruit of course :D) lots of low fat yoghurt and cottage cheese which i could sit eating from the pot with a spoon (but I won't!)

And now I have gotten to the point of the evening now where I tend to feel bored and pick at things.. the OH lives in a manpad with his uni friends this year so I'm living on my own (unless you count Amber the Banshee Cat) and so I'm thinking I might put a dvd on or some music and do half an hour on my bike.. I keep telling myself the seat will get softer once I've lost some more weight - its so uncomfortable that I spend an hour waddling about numbly after each session I spend on it!

Have plans to go to the Metro Centre tomorrow with mama, so I was thinking if I steer her towards TGI's for lunch, if I have the spicy diablo pasta (which I always ask for without the cheese) it should be a good Core choice right? Pasta, chilli, tomato based sauce, broccoli, red peppers and green beans.. one of the most beautiful and simple meals I've ever had from a restaurant and I would honestly choose it above anything else..

also, I have dug out one of the most horribly unflattering pictures of me on facebook and have stuck it on my fridge (both outside and another is sitting on the shelf inside!) to remind myself that by xmas I will look better. Once I reach half a stone loss I am going to treat myself to a hair cut, as this photo is pretty recent and has reminded me that I desperately need one!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1418790&l=f2770&id=659764257

Wow hun! Go you with your swimming!! Thats great progress and considering you have taught yourself is very impressive :)

Just wanted to say, if you WI after you've been swimming, did you know that this could be an inaccurate reading, as your body literally sucks up water through your skin while you're in the pool, so best to WI beforehand if you want to see the true reading. I always seem to weigh at least an extra 2lbs at the end of a day when I've been swimming compared to normal end of day WIs! x

Welcome to the forum :) You are doing so well with the swimming. I am jealous! I must do better lol.....

Nikki, that's really interesting. I didn't know that. Well at least we know now hey?

Goodluck on your weightloss journey and reaching your half a stone. nothing nicer than a new haircut to celebrate. I am sure you will do very well and I look forward to following your diary.

WOW is all i can say when i read your diarys! ... I did Core a few weeks back and lost 3lb which was great and i sorta hover over Core but ive got back into the habit of snacking :( and also Talking about food im finding the the fruit isnt lasting as long recently ! not sure why! ... but i buy apples and within days they are soft! "yuk"

Anyhoo! i was thinking about starting swimming! ... i usually have 1 morning free a week from doing horses or cleaning so im sure i could fit in time for me meek 11 lengths ;)

Keep going your doing great !

Just wanted to say, if you WI after you've been swimming, did you know that this could be an inaccurate reading, as your body literally sucks up water through your skin while you're in the pool, so best to WI beforehand if you want to see the true reading. I always seem to weigh at least an extra 2lbs at the end of a day when I've been swimming compared to normal end of day WIs! x

i really didnt know that! i normally weigh myself around 9/10ish on tuesday mornings and swim after though, so will bear that in mind :) can I take extra pounds off for the water i accidentally swallow too? :p lol

WOW is all i can say when i read your diarys! ... I did Core a few weeks back and lost 3lb which was great and i sorta hover over Core but ive got back into the habit of snacking :( and also Talking about food im finding the the fruit isnt lasting as long recently ! not sure why! ... but i buy apples and within days they are soft! "yuk"

Anyhoo! i was thinking about starting swimming! ... i usually have 1 morning free a week from doing horses or cleaning so im sure i could fit in time for me meek 11 lengths ;)

Anything is better than nothing though, isnt it? Also on the apples thing.. I've stopped buying them. I dont know if its the time of year or what.. but I dont think they taste right and on top of that I'm not a great lover of them. I find I only ever eat them when I make myself, and I dont really enjoy them.. I love grapes, and have consumed half a packet of them over the last two days - been fighting with myself to make them last longer.

Anyway, woke up this morning and my elbow has gone again :( I did something to it a few months back on the Wii Fit Boxing.. and i couldnt bend my arm properly or lift anything for around a fortnight. It's twinging again today, but nowhere near as bad as it did last time, so i gave swimming a miss, and did 30mins on the Wii Fit on step plus and hula hooping (gotta love it.. although I'm glad no-one was watching! :D)

was going to give Aquafit a miss as well, but OH wants to watch Hollyoaks which I'm not fussed on, so going to go and just go easy on my left arm.

Really enjoyed my food today.. had:

B - Shreddies and sk. milk
L - Asda pot of veg. soup (they're on 2 for £1 so thought would try) and 3 ryvitas with philadelphia light, alfalfa sprouts (another weird addition to my shopping trolley this week) and sliced tomato - was absolutely gorgeous.. the alfalfa is slightly peppery and reminds me of a less heavy version of spring onion.
T - jacket potato with l.f. cottage cheese and I couldnt resist.. more alfalfa and tomato. Yum!

Oh and snacked on a rather large bunch of grapes throughout the day.

Well, going to head off to Aquafit, and then me and the OH are hopefully going to see How to Lose Friends and Alienate People w/ Simon Pegg. Love all his stuff, he's just great :) got some more grapes in my bag in case of emergency snack attack and will treat myself to a not as big as i usually get diet coke, as I always miss half the film when I need the loo! :p

well, missed the film as I got confused with class times and was 20minutes early! So fitted in some stretching and 10 lengths before class started. Tummy is aching a little today, and for some reason where my arms join my body! Friday class is so much quieter, so the instructor can work with you for a little one-on-one and so I was sculling (technical term for treading water - you learn something every day!) whereas everyone else had these yellow weights on (or what i thought were weights) turns out the weights were floats and i was the unlucky one as there weren't enough, so I was doing a harder workout lol :p ah well, feel much better today and elbow behaving, so cant complain :)

Food today:

B - scrambled eggs + tomatos (turns out i forgot to buy mushrooms - gutted!)
L - Wethy's five bean chilli on a jacket potato with salad (no dressing) deviated from plan, but hopefully that was a wise choice as menu said less than 5% fat.. i know these claims are generally misleading in one way or another but best I could do under the circumstances. Oh, and a double vodka and diet coke. Double was not my idea, but serves me right for leaving my stepmum in charge of ordering!

Not had tea yet but will probably get something light when I get back - want to hop on my bike for 30mins as even though I've walked around Newcastle for the whole day, I dont feel like I've done enough, and I wont get chance tomorrow as I'm back at work.. holidays go far too fast :(

Saw a beautiful dress in Coast today. I am determined to lose weight just so I can buy a beautiful dress from there. Dorchester Duchess Satin Dress at coast-stores.com
The one I saw was a beautiful emerald green satin though.. size 18 so still a bit out of reach, but I know if I work hard enough I will be in something equally as gorgeous after xmas. Maybe not an 18 just yet but would be pleased at a 20! :) And just to top it off, I might treat myself to a new pair of shoes if I reach my 10% by january sales :p (must beg more hours off work to put this plan into action!)

Also, my xmas present from my stepmum is a La Senza matching bra / thong set, so I purposely chose a size smaller in underwear as incentive to carry on with my weight loss. If theres anything that will keep me going, its beautiful lingerie!

thats great thanks :) i've copied and pasted every single page from that site now into a file on my desktop and incase of disaster onto my portable harddrive. Cant believe WW are threatening action on her.. disgraceful.

i'm assuming points wise would be less than that as I had the vegetarian version which is beans rather than mince, and also had the salad undressed (which i forgot to ask for, but as i told a tiny white lie and said I couldnt eat cheese, the guy panicked and put it on the side as he was "worried i might sue" as he so bluntly put it - because there are eggs in the dressing :d had to laugh, bless his cotton socks.)

disappointed a lot of the things on Wethy's menu are now premade before they even come into the pubs, so cant ask for no cheese etc.. :( ah well, back to TGI's! :p

thanks very much Taz x

well, been for a swim this morning and feel much better bar the fact that my eyes are getting really sore from all the chlorine - really need to get myself some goggles.

Back to work yesterday - managed all day without eating any chicken, stuffing, roasties or sweets (which are usually my sunday food intake as we all "sample" the goodies at work) so was really pleased with myself and hope I can carry on! Weigh in tomorrow so hope I've managed to clear a few of those gained pounds from last week.

Aquafit tonight and for once, I won't be going on my own! So looking forward to that. :)

well, lost 9lbs! Absolutely over the moon - sticking to Core for another week to use up whats in my fridge, and hoping for 1lb next week :)

can someone tell me how to change the thread title? i still cant figure out how! :p *thick*

Flaming hell !!!!!!!! ..... that is just AMAZING ..... well done you !!! xxxxx

thank you both :) i keep staring in the mirror to see if theres a chunk out of my side or something.. i cant see a difference myself but at Aquafit last night i had 3 people comment that I was looking well, so that really spurred me on :)

Well done - that's a fantastic weight loss!

To change your thread title, double-click on the little tick to the right of your thread title in the box in the main forum (hope that makes sense!) x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back