Raffles in class - what are your prizes?

moomintrolljen

Will be thin god dammit!!
If you go to class and have a raffle as we do - 50p for a strip of 5 tickets - what are the prizes like?
This week I won the new curry book as a prize and was pretty pleased!
First prize is always 6 free weeks or 1 years subscription to the magazine ( you can pick either)
Third prize this week was a plastic spatula!!!!!! :8855:

In ours first prize is the ingredients for a recipe from one of the books and the books it comes from, normally related to the password for the week, the second is something seasonal and the third is either the slimmer of the week basket if it hasn't been claimed or a pack of hifi bars. If 1st prize was six weeks membership I would buy a lot more tickets lol!!

Yeah - its a big group mind of about 75 people so i guess thats why its such a good prize!

Crikey 6 free weeks is an excellent prize!

We usually have the ingredients to make a meal.

Crikey! I feel ashamed now for poo pooing the plastic spatula!:8855:

Yeah - its a big group mind of about 75 people so i guess thats why its such a good prize!

Crikey...you must be there ages going through everyone's losses and weigh-ins!

Our 1st raffle prize used to be something like a chip tray or a cooking utensil and 2nd prize used to be a slimming world plastic bag.

Crikey...you must be there ages going through everyone's losses and weigh-ins!

Our 1st raffle prize used to be something like a chip tray or a cooking utensil and 2nd prize used to be a slimming world plastic bag.

Plastic bag beats my spatula!!!
We dont do everyones weigh in stuff, she highlights a few then asks who wants to share

Ours is 50p a ticket, and the prizes are a pack of hifi bars or scan bran a recipe book and sometimes the new mag if it is out.
It used to be much better with us bringing things in for the raffle, but she stopped that and now just throws a couple of things on the table when it is time to do it, i dont bother doing it any more:(

omg 6 weeks free or a years magazine subscription?? That's so much better than our prizes! We get the chip trays, canvas bags and scan brans.. nothing exciting really!

Im kinda embarrassed I asked now:copon:

we have about 4/5 food items that are related to the password for the week - usually cost around £5 i reckon.....

I feel sorry for you Jen, cos your raffle prize may be excellent but it sounds like you are missing out on Image Therapy where everyone gets a chance to discuss weight news, good or bad. I would trade that time for a spatula!!! :D xx

we have about 4/5 food items that are related to the password for the week - usually cost around £5 i reckon.....

I feel sorry for you Jen, cos your raffle prize may be excellent but it sounds like you are missing out on Image Therapy where everyone gets a chance to discuss weight news, good or bad. I would trade that time for a spatula!!! :D xx

Its not so bad - we get through quite a few people with weights etc tbh - its a really good class, our C has been top in the country for about 8 years apparently and is really nice and supportive so its fine. She has just come back from a week staying at the home of the Sw founder in Majorca so she must be doin well!!!

Mine's normally a cooking utensil/storage container etc. Latest was a chip tray as above. Don't even strech to the Hi-Fi's in mine I'm afraid, £1 is about max spent.

Ours is normally one of the cook books or a gym ball or i once won about 30 apples lol

we have 2 bring ours in so to speak aswell as slimmer of week prize... every1 usually brings fruit/veg/ naughty treat

Crikey that seems a bit off Gemma! Do you have to buy the tickets too?

Ours costs 50p a strip, or 3 strips for £1. There are two prizes, each costing £3-£5, but our consultant provides free drinks out of the rest of the raffle money & she always has decent coffee, tea & a selection of hot chocolates to choose from.

Crikey that seems a bit off Gemma! Do you have to buy the tickets too?

Ours costs 50p a strip, or 3 strips for £1. There are two prizes, each costing £3-£5, but our consultant provides free drinks out of the rest of the raffle money & she always has decent coffee, tea & a selection of hot chocolates to choose from.

yea 50p a strip! lol i thought it was the norm but reading this im gutted lmao!

Well as I said before ours is a decent prize but with 75+ people paying 50p or £1 each then I think it should be really 1st - 6 free weeks or years mag subscription 2nd - usually a book or SOTW fruit if they werent there to claim it and 3rd is something like a baking liner, spatula, set of measuring cups or 2 packets of Hi Fi's
We pay for our own tea coffee etc 20p a cup and can buy a loose HiFI bar for 45p to go with it - yum!

50-60 at our group,

this weeks prize was a spice rack with some of teh spices missing i think lol

Back