Rainbow is leaving SW again! x

See - Im not the right shape for leggings and log tops, I like the look, just not on me! x

well i have legs like a rugby player, but for some reason leggings look ok on me! i have a few long dress tops that come to near the knee that i can wear with leggings and flip flops.

might also wear them with that black dress i bought as i don't really like showing my legs to the general public!

I dont do showing my legs - esp while they're milky white like they are at the momento!

Well Ive been shopping this mornin (twice!) once with BF then with my mum, didnt buy any clothes though so thats an achievement!

Does anyone else feel that sometimes they look really good, and even quite slim (when they know that in reality they're not) then other times they look really rough and fat!! Cos I go through those emotions quite a lot! A kind of aside to that point is that I read posts on here and (I don't really know how to say this without offending people! - I bet hardly anyone reads this anyway) but people go on about how they were huge, fat, massive etc when they started the diet weighing 12 stone and were only 5ft 4 or something. While I know that they felt fat and horrible etc it sometimes makes me feel like - my god what must these people think of me then starting off weighing 18 stone at 5ft 5inches! Does that make sense?!! - it did to me! xxx

hell yes! if I make an effort to dress up, very rarely as I don't go anywhere much, then I can look in the mirror and think 'yeah, not bad', other times, like today, I can't be a***d to wash, brush my hair etc coz I'm not expecting visitors and I don't have to go out, I look very rough. Normal days I'm just ok, nothing too bad or good.

We went to a party yesterday afternoon and got back about 8 ish, so I came in and put my jammies on, was really to just chill out when my BF came downstairs and said his mate was coming round, oh well I thought, I can just stay as I am as they'll go up to the boys toys room and play compiter games and drink. He then added that this lad was bringing his new GF round........... oh great - so then I had to run around madly putting a bit of make up on, getting re-dressed, brush my hair etc! weird isnt it how we make the effort for someone else. I think Im going to try make myself look better most of the time even if Im just round the house - it might make me feel better bout myself xxx

good point, we need to get it into our heads that we want to look good for us. I find that a bit of masara and a touch of blusher can work wonders sometimes.

and hair straighteners rather than putting it in a pony tail! xxx

i don't do that often for work as I mess with it all day and then I have greasy hair come hometime lol.

i feel like that, only my job isnt so glamourus so i never get a chance unless its my day off :(

I straighten my hair for work (but tend to tie it back as Im a teacher and dont wanna get nits!!) and I wear make up for work, but cos Im on summer hols I just havent made the effort, but I will do! What job do you do missyrach? x

I always try and put some make up on, I hate going out without it really, my hair on the other hand is a disaster area. Its naturally very curly and is quite long, I really want to get it cut, but want to lose some more chins first, I have a tendancy to hide behind my hair if that makes sense:rolleyes:

Oh it definitely makes sense - I more often than not have acrylic nails on, a good (ish) tan, and long blonde (highlighted) hair - they're all masks for being fat xxx

Does anyone else feel that sometimes they look really good, and even quite slim (when they know that in reality they're not) then other times they look really rough and fat!! Cos I go through those emotions quite a lot! A kind of aside to that point is that I read posts on here and (I don't really know how to say this without offending people! - I bet hardly anyone reads this anyway) but people go on about how they were huge, fat, massive etc when they started the diet weighing 12 stone and were only 5ft 4 or something. While I know that they felt fat and horrible etc it sometimes makes me feel like - my god what must these people think of me then starting off weighing 18 stone at 5ft 5inches! Does that make sense?!! - it did to me! xxx

yes and yes! i did it the other day when i went to evans. i did the stupid thing of looking at the back of my legs in the mirror and i felt like crying. i thought 2 stone down and they still look like corned beef sausages! :( there's no shape to them - they're just bobbly and like a 70 year olds! i'm embarassed for my boyfriend as he has to be seen with me on the beach when we go away, but then again he moans if i wear a sarong!

...and i do sit in class and see people who weigh about 10 or 11 stone and they lose half a pound, gain a pound, lose a pound, gain 2 pounds, maintain, gain, month after month. they clearly don't have a weight problem....perhaps a few extra pound. and i just think to myself 'what the hell are you doing here? wasting your money and you don't even need to be here' ...but then again no woman is happy with their body. but i do feel like saying to them "that's not a weight problem, this IS a weight problem!" then flash my ass at them! lol

I am exactly the same as you Rainbow!

I have 2 kids and always running around and yh sum days feel ok adn look nice others like a lump of poop!

Chin up hun...xxx

Karen - when I was still attending the class the leader was ging for some award for losing weight but she had to be at her target of like 8.5 stone or something and she wasa 9 stone at the time and she was saying how she needed to lose half a stone in two weeks, the onversation progressed and she said 'I have a weight problem I'll always have a weight problem' and I looked at her and thought, well wish my weight problem was being 9 stone instead of 8 and a hlaf! - but I guess once you have a weight problem you have it forever - great

Lou - glad Karen and talk of her corned beef legs makes you smile!

Claire - thanks - I'll try hun
xxx

Karen - when I was still attending the class the leader was ging for some award for losing weight but she had to be at her target of like 8.5 stone or something and she wasa 9 stone at the time and she was saying how she needed to lose half a stone in two weeks, the onversation progressed and she said 'I have a weight problem I'll always have a weight problem' and I looked at her and thought, well wish my weight problem was being 9 stone instead of 8 and a hlaf! - but I guess once you have a weight problem you have it forever - great

Lou - glad Karen and talk of her corned beef legs makes you smile!

Claire - thanks - I'll try hun
xxx
oh super! i cant see me ever being 9 stone :/

I think my bones alone weigh about 9 stone! x

i got down to 8 st 13 with SW 8 years ago so it can be done!

Oh yeah I know it can be done, lots of people at my group have managed it and some people I work with. Its not even that I dont think its achievable for me (although I would be dubious) but I dont want to be 8 stone anything, or even 9 or 10 stone, 11 stone is a good weight for me - its suits my shape, build, height everything x

Back