Ramblings and rubsh

choufleur

I decided to start this because it would be so nice to record my thoughts and feelings about this diet each day. I can't keep boring my poor boyfriend with it, after all :D

On Wednesday I will be into my fourth week back on CD. I previously did it last year, starting after my birthday in October, and by the time I went to New York at the end of November I'd lost nearly 2 stone. I went back on it after Christmas, but it all just tailed off around February time...and then after moving in with my boyfriend I piled it all back on. Hey ho.

The first week this time round seemed to go sooooooooooooooo slow. Serious. By the time the one week point rolled around, it felt like it'd been a month. Thankfully, time seems to have sped up now.

In total, since I started on September 14th, I've now lost 20.5lbs. Which is good, I know, but it's starting to annoy me a bit that last week I lost 3 1/2lbs and this week only 4lbs. In the past, I've had losses of around 3lbs each second week, but it's picked up to 5-6lbs per week following that. I'm not complaining too much - 4lbs is sooooo much better than I'd ever do normally - it's just...a little bit more would be nice? :D I've got so many lovely clothes hanging in my wardrobe waiting to be worn!

The weird thing about today's WI as well was that I haven't lost a single inch, or even centimetre since last week! My counsellor was baffled...although she thinks it may be because I didn't realise that SS+ was 3 shakes AND the meal. I went onto SS+ over the weekend as it was my boyfriend's mum's birthday, so I was very very good and on the meal out ate just a grilled chicken breast and a few salad leaves. I had chicken the night before too, but, like I said, I'm an idiot and somehow interpreted the book completely wrong.

But yes, that's the only thing we could think of. I drink 4+ litres of water per day, and that's without the green/mint tea I drink and black coffees in the morning! So not really sure. I'd love next week to be different but unfortunately my counsellor's away then and at the end of next week is my birthday.

Which my head is struggling with...I had always planned to take a break for the four days I have off over my birthday, since I know my friends and boyfriend have planned some big events that I'm not supposed to know about. But now...hmm. I just want to stick to the diet :cry: I know it'll roll around and I'll be happy to have some alcohol to drink and a nice meal somewhere, but I can just tell that in the back of my mind I'll be beating myself up for it.

Oh well :D I shall deal - besides, I've only given myself a target of 2 stone by Christmas and now I'm only 7.5lbs off that, so I should hopefully far more than exceed it! Plus I have a wedding in November that I want to look fantastic for.

I also wanted to say that I love these forums so much. Reading everyone's posts each day is a big part of what keeps me going. Everyone does so well and supports each other so much that I just want to give you all a huge HUG!

Today has been pretty unremarkable so far. Strawberry shake with ice blended for breakfast, although I did blend the shake and the water and THEN the ice, which meant it was really nicely blended, if a little too cold almost! Brain freeze!

Black coffee, peppermint tea and 2 litres of water through the morning and I've just had half a peanut bar which I've not had before and which is YUMMY!

Was very hungry this morning though...to the point where I wondered if somehow I'd come out of ketosis, but the icky rotten pear taste was in my mouth so maybe not. First morning since the start that I've been that hungry though :/

choufleur said:
Today has been pretty unremarkable so far. Strawberry shake with ice blended for breakfast, although I did blend the shake and the water and THEN the ice, which meant it was really nicely blended, if a little too cold almost! Brain freeze!

Black coffee, peppermint tea and 2 litres of water through the morning and I've just had half a peanut bar which I've not had before and which is YUMMY!

Was very hungry this morning though...to the point where I wondered if somehow I'd come out of ketosis, but the icky rotten pear taste was in my mouth so maybe not. First morning since the start that I've been that hungry though :/

I much prefer it with ice too x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

This week has gone really fast. Which is good, in the way that the diet is slowing time right down for me any more.

Keep catching myself feeling sad and annoyed that I can't eat. For example, went to get some petrol a minute ago and drove past KFC and the smell...I felt momentarily down. But I've gotten pretty good at giving myself a big kick and saying "You are CHOOSING not to eat", and if that doesn't work and I still feel down then reminding myself that it's my own damn fault that I'm in this situation anyway, so I might as well help myself get out of it.

Don't get me wrong, I never would actually go to the point of buying food and eating it, or caving in any way, I just feel sad about the lovely food smells. I think if my boyfriend came home tonight with a KFC and put it in front of me I wouldn't be able to bring myself to eat it!!

After losing 4lbs last week I decided to up my water intake so I'm on about 6L of water per day now. Guess we'll see what happens...although I'm not actually having my next WI until a week from Monday as my counsellor's away and it's my birthday in between then and now... *nervous*

In other news, I had the Choc Mint bar today for the first time. It's really weird :( I think I'll stick to the Orange and Peanut and maybe try the malt toffee too.

I got all excited this weekend because I was going to have some chicken on Saturday night...and it was HORRID! Seriously YEUCH. Is it chicken that's defrosted? Because whenever I have it fresh it never tastes that bad :-/

Also...I know it's not really "only", but I've only lost 3lbs this week :( What on earth? I haven't gotten above 4lbs since the first week, and it's starting to annoy. This time round last year I was around 4-5lbs lighter than I am now after the same period of time. The annoying thing is that I've been SO good. I never stray anyway, and so I haven't. I've been drinking around 5-6 litres of water per day, including green and peppermint tea. Yeah, I had a bit of chicken on Saturday night (a very small amount since it tasted so gross) but not enough to really affect ketosis. So, what the hell? What gives?? :(

The worst thing is that I'm pretty sure that 3lbs will go straight back on as it's my birthday on Thursday and I'm sorry, but there's no way I'm SSing through my birthday. I have friends coming to stay and we're going out. As well as that my boyfriend has loads of stuff planned and I've been looking forward to my faaaaavourite meal for weeks: falafel and salad :(

Maybe I should start exercising a bit, since sticking to the book and NOT doing isn't particularly working in a stellar way.

Grumble grumble moan.

So I was ill for a while after my birthday *sob* Now I'm on antibiotics but back in the Cambridge groove, on step 2 which I have to say I am LOVING. Grilled spicy chicken last night with green peppers, and the same chicken tonight but only half of the allowance, and half of the allowance of chickpeas whizzed with cumin, chilli, pepper, and a dash of garlic flakes. YUM.

It feels really nice to not be eating again (well, not properly) if you see what I mean. When I was ill I was eating stuff I could keep down like rice, vegetables, a bit of bread. And whilst it was super nice to have a few naughtier things on my birthday, I FEEL so much...just better! when I'm on this diet.

Also I'm not sure but I woke up this morning with full-on ketosis taste in my mouth...but I've only been back on it all for one day. Most odd.

HOWEVER, today was AWFUL. I forgot it was Diwali :( So many of the girls I work with brought in sweets, chocolates, and even worse SAMOSAS. Oh, the smell :(

But, because I work with such fantastic, supportive people, they moved them all from the desk next to me to the other end of my department so I wouldn't have to have them next to me :) Bless them, that did make it easier. Not to resist, but just to not be sad about it. Samosas are pretty much my favourite food.

i know! i'm on 810 week and can't quite get over the huge pile of prawns, especially compared to the tiny amount of cucumber. i mean 45g of cucumber is teeny weeny!

Hi Choufleur

Sounds like you are doing really well despite being tempted by samosas :)

How much have you lost so far ?

PB x

i know! i'm on 810 week and can't quite get over the huge pile of prawns, especially compared to the tiny amount of cucumber. i mean 45g of cucumber is teeny weeny!

Scary isn't it! I had green pepper and there seemed to be more of it when chopped up but I can imagine there's even less with cucumber. And soooo much tuna, I actually feel quite sick now :(

Hi Choufleur

Sounds like you are doing really well despite being tempted by samosas :)

How much have you lost so far ?

PB x

Thanks! I seem to be quite good at sticking to it once I'm on it...where I've fallen down in the past is having some time off and not going back on, but no excuses this time :)

I've lost about 23lbs so far, somehow managed to maintain it during the last week and a half that I had off when I was ill.

Argh what a morning. I was WEAK at the weekend and decided that, since it'll be the last time I'll party until Christmas, I'd go to a Halloween party and drink. Epic bad decision as had to eat yesterday in the worse way...and my scales rewarded me with a 6lb gain. Massive boo, but my own fault.

The rest came in the way of the doctors extending my antibiotics so I can't SS this week as I was REALLY wanting to do. Forgot my purse to pay for the subscription, then got a parking ticket, was late for work, and ran out of petrol. ARGH.

So gutted, I wanted to get back on SS fast but shall have to keep on 810...which isn't too bad, I just wanted to be back on the no food wagon!! :(

Well, fifth day back on 810. Can't wait for SS next week, I'm not feeling good with myself at all. I know I'm losing weight but still don't feel that any of my old clothes are looking good. Plus I have a wedding in 2 weeks I wanted to be MUCH lighter for than this and nothing to wear! Boo :(

Really looking forward to my dinner this evening :D Going to have grilled spicy chicken with cottage cheese and a rocket, spring onion and green pepper salad (yum) and then make my strawberry shake into a mousse for dessert!

Yup, bought some Mix-a-Mousse last week. Tried it once so far and LOVED it, such a nice change to shakes :) Thought I'd have one tonight as a weekend treat while X Factor's on.

Exceptionally chilly today. I've been doing uni work all day so sat on the sofa in my clothes, a massive hoodie, and a blanket, with the heating on and STILL freezing. Still, it's a good sign so I'm not complaining too much!

UGH. Didn't have any 810-friendly foods in tonight apart from chickpeas, and with it being so cold I attempted to try to make a soup...be warned, chickpeas are so freakin' bland that they CANNOT be made into a soup by themselves, even with spices/herbs and a dollop of yogurt added. YUCK. Couldn't finish it. If I have that again I definitely need some spring onions at LEAST in there with it :(

However, I have finally found a dress for the wedding in Scotland in two weeks...as I bought it on eBay and the seller seems to want to be arty farty it's a weird graphic but still:

23ku49z.jpg

Should be nice, just need to find a purple bolero/shrug to go with it as my BF is wearing a purple shirt. It's kinda disappointing that I haven't managed to go down a dress size yet despite having lost 2 stones. So this will hopefully be a redundant dress after this one wearing. If it does become, it will be quite sad because, pretty, right?

Hello there,

I just thought I would pop by as a fellow restarter and show some solidarity. The first time I dopped hella weight, it flew off...this time (the several attempts that is) it is totally different, it's a slow trot. I think it's the same for everyone.

Also, the inch loss - same. I have lost weight, but my inches have stayed the same for the last month. I think it is to do with the fact that we have to now sculpt our bods into submission, as muscle burns fat, but keto burns muscle too, so I know I have a lot less muscle than I used to...it's a bummer.

That dress is really pretty by the way.

Here's to a good loss this week - when do you weigh in?

I'm glad it's not just me :) Good luck to you, hopefully we can find a way to start speeding it up!

Dress is definitely pretty, thanks. Just hope it'll look good. I think it has a petticoat bouffing out the skirt in the photo so hoping it looks fine without one!

My WI is tomorrow evening but think I'm going to have to change to Thursdays after this one to fit better with my weeks. Plus I have so many weekends of social events coming up that I can't completely stick to the diet on so it'd be nice to have the WI pressure further after the weekend!

Just tried the Spicy Tomato soup and didn't hate it!!! This is a MASSIVE step for me since I was so awfully scarred by the Oriental Chilli one in 2007 :( But yay! Soup I like soup!

Only bought one though, typically.

Back