Ramblings of a Bee on Exante

Bee...your holiday in Portugal will do you good to take time to recharge!

not long now

Lynne, I would really like that. I'm already all set in my mind that come 1 January I'll be there with 100% clean living. And no nifty little compromises.

I've got fibromyalgia and this time of the year with the damp and cold it's a painful time, especially around the changes of the season, it takes a lot of adjusting. And I've got a slipped disc in my lower spine which I normally cope well with but every so often I get an "episode" where for no reason it bulges out more and pushes on the nerves into my legs. Every time I turn over in bed, the pain wakes me up. No fun. But there we are. I've got quite a sunny disposition normally and I have never let my health stop me from at least trying certain things and enjoying life.

Work is so stressful at the moment that I almost don't want to go away because I dread to think of the mountains of work that will wait for me. But I'm just going to shut it out. Last day in work today, busy day tomorrow and packing on the weekend :) Starting to look forward to it!

Have a stress free time off work and enjoy your holiday x

Have a lovely holiday Bee! You sound like you need it! Taking a break is nothing to be ashamed off either, sometimes its just what you need to get yourself back on track.
Good luck with everything!

-Nic xx

Hi Bee B C. Hope you're feeling better. The warmer climate should do you good when you go to Portugal. Also, being away from work should make you feel better. Try not to think about how much work you will have to come back to - have a complete break and enjoy yourself. I got a shock this morning. I haven't been weighing myself because I knew I was gaining as I was eating like there was no tomorrow! I was 12st 10lb!!! Roll on 1st January! If we both psych ourselves up until then we should be able to have a good crack at 100%TS. In the meantime it's back to calories and My Fitness Pal this morning. Hope you have a wonderful time in Portugal and I look forward to hearing about it when you come back - in return I can tell you all about the exciting time I've had with our inspection which starts tomorrow!

Well hello there! (little Miranda moment)
How's everyone? I got back from Portugal on Sunday, had some lovely warm weather there, soaking up the sun, got back to absolutely foul weather. But there we are. I had a great time, we did a lot of lazing around and just wandering around the old towns, and having a drive through the country with the olive and orange trees, I could so see myself living there *sigh* The hotel where we stayed was really lovely and quiet, the food was good too, nothing amazing but it was good. And because it was all inclusive, we weren't so tempted to spend a lot of money on meals out so we stuck to the three meals at the hotel and the occasional snack and I think I actually did alright foodwise. I had what I wanted if I really wanted it but I didn't binge or anything.
I know it super lame to put something off until the new year but in my mind I'm ready for a fresh start in January. I am currently still enjoying my carbs a little bit too much but I'm all set up to re-start. I haven't weighed myself at all but come the new year I'll have to bite the bullet. I sat down with diary earlier and mapped out what I want to do over the bank holidays. Decided not to work at all but to have some more quiet time. And I've scheduled in a few proper country walks, a few get togethers, one shopping trip and a few lazy mornings with coffee and newspaper. So I'm actually getting a second holiday :) Very pleased with myself hehe.
I'm looking forward to catching up with you all, probably won't happen until I have some time off again due to workload. How did your inspection go Lynne? I'm looking forward to being re-starting buddies in the new year :)

Hey Bee have are you doing since you have got back from Portugal?

Hi Bee. Sorry for not posting for a while. I'm so pleased you enjoyed Portugal. I can see myself living in a warmer climate too. How is your work free time going? Are you self employed? If I was I'd probably give myself far too much time off - probably from April to October to enjoy the nicer weather and then from October to April because I don't like cold weather and dark mornings! I'm looking forward to starting TS again in the new year too. My start date will be January 2nd. Hope you'll be joining me the. I've put 2 new challenges up already so am getting prepared!

Happy new year Bee!

You too, Lynne!! I had a fab work-free time! I can honestly say I did nothing but enjoy myself, catching up with a lot of people I hadn't seen in ages and it was so good, I really needed it. Back to work tomorrow, can't say I'm looking forward to it but I think the break has done me a lot of good.
I'm re-starting tomorrow as well. I've got a list as long as my arm of what I want to start doing again, and I might just throw myself into it. But TS 100% is going to be on top of my list. As much as I enjoyed my time off, I really went totally overboard food and drink wise and cannot even begin to think about weight gain. It's going to be horrific tomorrow morning :(
I would not be surprised if I had regained my entire loss. If that's the case, I certainly know why and how it happened and will just leave it behind me and make it a fresh start. What good does it do to dwell on what I could have done better. What counts is that I am doing better from now on.

Hi Bee. I'm pleased you enjoyed your time off. I'm back at work and back on TS tomorrow too. It will be difficult but I'm sure we'll both do it this time! I've put a couple of new challenges up if you're interested.

Right, new day, new start!! As of this morning, I am back on 100% TS. Although it feels mildly daunting, at the same time it's almost a relief. I had such a straight run last year April to August and then lost the plot. Several months of faffing followed my a food crazed December have put me back to where I was before. And I know it's going to get tough at times. But the overall feeling of lightness and determination, taking steps in the right direction, is going to be worth it.
I bought myself a DVD set for exercising again to step things up a notch, so far I have mainly been doing Pilates which is best because my back is shot to pieces. But this new set I bought is very intense muscle work without being too "jumpy".
The next 2 weeks I'm going to stick to gentle stuff due to the re-start and will then get into more rigorous exercise.

Happy New year Bee. Good Luck xx

Good luck...Bee there is a few of altogether on our new start

Hola BBC. How's it gone today? I really hope you had a good day.

Hey BBS,

Glad to hear you're back on track. Fresh TS 100% start for me too - we can do it!

How is your day ahead looking?

Hi Bee. How's my diet buddy doing?

Hi Bee. Hope you're OK and haven't been working too hard.

Hey good morning, sorry for late response. Yesterday ended up being a mad day. And guess what,I totally and utterly failed at re-start on Thursday, did well until the evening, and then just ended up eating pasta and ice cream! What is wrong with me! In the end I realised that the bad habits and routine of the last few months just took over, I was almost on auto pilot. So I binned a load of stuff that will only tempt me and started yet again.
I weighed in this morning as well, Saturday is going to be my weigh in. 15st3lb :( But you know what, I was actually relieved. The way I felt was that I was convinced I was back to my start weight of 15st10lb or even higher.
Seeing the numbers on the scales was a bit of a wake up call and I'm going to have such a squeaky clean weekend, you're not going to believe it :D

Can you believe it, I gave myself a pep talk in the mirror this morning!

Told myself with a very stern face and fierce eyes (my friends say I can make them do anything looking at them like that): You want to lose weight? Do you?? It's going to be tough. You still want to lose weight? Then suck it up!!

I still feel slightly shaken by it, goodness, I can stare if I want to!

Back