Ramblings of a Bee on Exante

Good Morning. Well, weigh in day is upon us. And I have lost zero. Nada. Not. A. Gram. Very disappointed I must say. Maybe because the last few days have been a bit harder and therefore seemed like they needed to be rewarded.
But there we are. I'm not sure whether it can be blamed entirely on my day off, maybe it's just one of those weeks where things are a bit stagnant. Gonna need extra will power now to get me through this weekend coz normally a weight loss gives you that extra motivation. Next week is going to be quite good I think coz I'm in work all on my own so I can drink even more water than before and maybe fit in some stretches and pilates at my desk so fingers crossed people!!
Oh I need a hug.

I'm hugging you hun! I'm sorry the scales moved for you my lovely. Please stay focused, as next week will probably be a 'whoosh' week. And look at the positive in that you've not gained at all. Keep your eyes on the prize and don't let weigh in hold you back. Lots of hugs flying at you my lovely xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Oh Bee, I am so sorry :bighug:

.......been there, done that. So incredibly disappointing when you have stuck with the plan.

If it helps, there is a reason and it is beyond our control - our height, or rather lack of it. VLCD's work because of the calorie deficit - aided by ketosis to some extent - but because we are less than tall, the calorie deficit is reduced due to our lower base metabolic rate.

Scant comfort now I know - but from my past experience, next week will show a reward on the scales!! :D

Also, may be worth doing measurements - sometimes when the scales don't play nicely, the tape measure does! :)

The big thing is not to give in - been there and done that too :eek:

Try upping the exercise a bit, stay strong and carry on. We're here with you, all the way :D

:bighug:

Keep going and the whoosh fairy will be on your side ;)

Oh Bee, I am so sorry :bighug:

.......been there, done that. So incredibly disappointing when you have stuck with the plan.

If it helps, there is a reason and it is beyond our control - our height, or rather lack of it. VLCD's work because of the calorie deficit - aided by ketosis to some extent - but because we are less than tall, the calorie deficit is reduced due to our lower base metabolic rate.

Scant comfort now I know - but from my past experience, next week will show a reward on the scales!! :D

Also, may be worth doing measurements - sometimes when the scales don't play nicely, the tape measure does! :)

The big thing is not to give in - been there and done that too :eek:

Try upping the exercise a bit, stay strong and carry on. We're here with you, all the way :D

Oh Bee - here's a hug :bighug: and a group hug :grouphugg: I know what it's like because I don't lose quickly either - probably because I'm another vertically challenged one. We should start a new thread for vertically challenged exante dieters! You're going to have to grin and bear it, give yourself one of those talking to's and just get on with it and hopefully you'll have a whoosh next week! Really hope today goes well for you. Stick at it. You'll get there!

Whoosh coming your way next week.... Keep going :)

Bee don't get disheartened. you know deep down that if you stay on plan the weight will come off. Keep yourself busy today & try not to get on the scales till next WI. We are all in it with you xx

Thank you all for lovely replies and lots of hugs :) I ended up not having anything this morning and met a friend who promptly invited me for lunch. She knows I'm on strict low carb (doesn't know about exante though) and said she could do me an omlette which I accepted, so far that's the only thing I have eaten today and only now getting hungry. So that's got to be good, at least it keeps me in ketosis.
Just baked some "muffins" out of half a toffee shake and half porridge, letting them cool now and will report later :)
When I got home about half four-ish, the weather was absolutely fantastic, all blustery and windy but clear skies. So I just got straight into my walking boots and did a really brisk 45 min walk. Done me the world of good. Blows all the cob webs away :) Will have my muffins soon and a super early night for me tonight.

Btw I'm loving the idea of a special thread for all the shorties on here, it's true it makes a huge difference to rate of weight loss and also how you carry weight. Most of the time I feel like a barrel with shoes. Can't wait to get into the 13s again and be more comfortable with myself.

Have a good day hun and keep strong :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

The omelette sounds fab Bee :)
I hope the muffins were lush :D

Hi Bee. How are you going? Hope you have a brilliant day today!

Hi Bee, hope you have had a good day x

Hey everyone, yes I have had a good day, decided on another WS day, amazed how quickly I fill up, that's a good sign. And I really noticed when I wore another coat this morning how much more loosely it fits. So that's a great motivator and in the week ahead I'm going to be 100% TS.

As I said before, I'll be on my own in the office so I'll be far away from all temptation, nothing will be offered to me and I can drink as much water as the tap has to offer.

Btw the muffins were ok. They were not brilliant because I didn't have a muffin tray but had to make do with cupcake cases. So they were ok in that they set but they were more like slabs of cold custard in texture. Nice to have something to eat rather than drink/spoon. Must get a tray but i've been looking and all I have seen were quite pricey. Tricky when you live out in the sticks.

Hope you've all had a good day :) xx

Hi Bee. Well done on another successful day. Hope tomorrow goes well for you!

I'm not into reality TV but I do have a major weakness for the apprentice. Don't know why but I like it. The UK version that is. I now decided to try the american version. Oh. My. Word. The drama that goes on is unbelievable. I'm not sure whether to laugh or turn it off coz it's almost too cringey to watch.

Sorry to hear the scales weren't playing ball this week Bee. I know I'm late to the hug party, but I'll throw one in anyway! :grouphugg:

Being another that is vertically challenged and having a history of stalls myself, I would guess that if you stick with it this week and really try hard with your water intake, you'll get a whoosh this week :)

How would you do pilates at your desk btw?

Back