Total Solution Ramblings of a mad woman

I am extremely overweight, 20 stone plus. Not sure what my starting weight is yet, as I haven't started. I have my packs and am starting Monday. I will do my official weigh in then.

I'm very nervous. Have heard bad things and good things. I'm waiting to go from a size 28 to a 8 in as many months, but also to have bad breath and failing hair follicles! Oh well I'll be skinny with no friends lol.

I guess we all get to the stage where us fatties just have enough. I feel I have been very fortunate. Even at 5'2'' and twenty stone I don't have high blood pressure, my joints don't ache and I don't have diabetes.

However, I'm a mum with 2 little girls (8 and 4), and would love to be able to take them on rides at theme parks (instead of worrying if the bars won't come down), I would love to take them swimming without feeling mortally embarrassed and be able to run around without my boobs flapping in my face and without panting after 3 strides.

So it is because of these reasons (and millions of others) that I have decided to take the plunge.

I have decided to diary it, as a push on the bad days, and also to have something to do whilst my head hunger tells be that even though I hate marmite I can't continue with life without having it on bread with peanut butter (I'm guessing u get weird cravings when u can't have anything).

So, between now and then, I will measure, weigh, and make a list if all the things I want to do whilst skinny and all the crappy things about being so ball like.

I hope to get some support from here, and will be completely truthful. Which will be very refreshing!

Looking forward to reading other diaries.

Mel x

Hi, Mel! I 'started' last Saturday and managed to be good but came the end of day 3, I just lost focus... :( Been eating since then. Anyway, I'll (again) be REstarting this Monday so maybe we can do this together? :) I also have size 8 as my goal though I will be happy to settle with size 10 ;)

Good luck to us! :)

Rose

Thanks stylishkid! :)

It would be great to have a buddy!!

I wish I could bottle my excitement and motivation I have now, and use it when I need it. Some people see this as an easy solution, but as with most of us, we suffer from what I call 'head hunger', the psychological side is harder than anything else!

I have tried everything, diets, hypnoband, counselling. This is my last resort before surgery. And I didn't take this lightly. Really don't want my girls to see I'm living on shakes. But I also don't want them to see mummy get poorly (or worse) from being morbidly obese either.

Thank also for the luck. Reading others journeys really does help too. Although I do find myself thinking, 11 stone is such a long journey, I'm really gonna need all the support I can get!

If I'm honest. I actually feel like the fattest person here! I looked at the through the stones and no one else was as heavy as me. I've read the diaries, and most people start at 15 stone or less. I have to lose over 5 stone before I even get to their starting point. I can't believe I let myself get this big if I'm honest. Extremely disappointed in myself. However, I know I need to get rid of those negative thoughts if I'm going to succeed. I need to picture where I want to be, not where I have come from.

There's people on here who are heavier than you. Doesn't matter anyway. You'll get there! X

Restarted CD 9 Sept 5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2

That's right! It doesn't matter. Let's just take it one day at a time.. baby steps? :)

Wishing you good luck on your journey. I find having the mindset of thinking 'I want to be thinner and fitter' helps. Just imagine how much better you will feel in months to come.

How are you doin, hun? Ready for Day 1 tomorrow? :)

If I'm honest. I actually feel like the fattest person here! I looked at the through the stones and no one else was as heavy as me. I've read the diaries, and most people start at 15 stone or less. I have to lose over 5 stone before I even get to their starting point. I can't believe I let myself get this big if I'm honest. Extremely disappointed in myself. However, I know I need to get rid of those negative thoughts if I'm going to succeed. I need to picture where I want to be, not where I have come from.

As clichéd as it sounds just take one stone at a time. At the start of my diet I was thinking the same, "I've so much to lose I'll never reach my goal". I really find setting mini goals helpful. My mini goals are usually getting from one stone range to another, like from 15's to 14's at the moment or lose x amount by a certain day. And it don't worry about your starting point just be proud you've decided to take the plunge :)
Best of luck and positive vibes

Eeeeekk starting tomorrow! I'm mentally prepared and very excited. I really hope I can stay positive and do this!

Thanks for your support so far! It will really help. One stone at a time is a good target. I'm going to get the kids to school tomorrow, then weigh and measure so I have a good starting point.

Luckily I'm off work until Friday, so have 4 days at home to get into ketosis before I have to go to work. Must be a sign! It's all lined up really well lol

Good luck, Mel! :)

Well done Mel, it sounds as if you're really in the zone and ready for tomorrow.

Definitely take it as little steps and take each day as it comes. The first week won't be easy at all, but get through that and you'll be feeling the buzz of ketosis and the hunger pangs will go. Through those difficult first days just keep reading over your first post and remembering why you're doing this and remind yourself that it will​ get easier.

Look forward to keeping up to date with your journey. Best of luck!
Gemma

Thanks Gemma. I'm planning on sleeping, watching rubbish day time tv and reading diaries for my first 4 days. I've been off work for a week and a half as my girls started a new school and so I took holiday to settle them in. During this time, I have had a massive clear out and have approx 30 black bags full of stuff that I am chucking/giving away and selling! So, I'm
Giving myself the next 4 days to do very little, get into ketosis and relax!

Hiya Mel.

Don't be down about your starting weight, we're all in this together to help motivate, support and find that inspiration to succeed and reach our goals.

You should just focus on one day at a time, giving it 100% and making sure you drink all your water.

If you can 100% stick to exante this week, you could possibly lose your first stone. Of the diaries I've read, those with the most to lose, lose the most each week. So stay positive and the very best of luck xx

Thanks GP!

Today's the day. I'm going on the school run with the kids then its weigh and measure time! I've downloaded a tracking app on my phone so it's all systems go.

So far so good ;-)

Back