Raynee - This is IT!!

Morning, hmm, yes, the original Atkin's '72 version said no tomato's, it classed them as a fruit, I'd have had mushrooms instead raynee

ah, thanks guys - they are the only tomatoes I have had as I don't even like them, but I had a craving for tomato sauce with my scrambled egg, thought a tomato would suffice but meh :p I can easily miss out the tomatoes!

I've been rubbish at updating this, it's been pretty hectic though, been on long shifts - had a suprise this morning though, but I am pretty sure the scales were wrong, or I was actually dreaming.. according to my scales this morning i've lost 8 pounds in about 4 days. I was happy though LOL and refused to get back on the scales incase it was wrong. Oh dear I do set myself up for disapointment!!

I've been taking photos of my meals, I havn't let that slip yet, I just can't be bothered to upload them :p I'll get round to it when I have a day off.

Today I think I made a mistake, I had a bunch of swedish meatballs, they were a bit higher carbs than I thought.

I'm going to look in the recipie section for a chilli, havnt had it for ages and got a taste for it.

xxx

Morning Raynee, 8lbs in 4 days is possible on the first few weeks of Atkins, sadly, it's mainly water weight

Morning Raynee

Great loss hun, but try to resist going on the scales apart from your WI day, the weight goes up and down a lot in a week :)

And if you feel the need for tomato sauce, LCM has Heinz one carb sauce.

8 months since i've updated this, but probably the most worst 8 months of my life! I've just read back over my entries, the 8lbs in 4 days happened regularly, but there was a reason for such a weight loss, I was misdiagnosed as type 2, and am actually type 1 so who knows how much weight loss was actually down to Atkins. I stuck to Atkins through and through up until that point though when I was introduced to the insulin injections, where my nurse put me on a dose and told me to eat to it... so basically I had to eat bread and rice and pasta and everything I didn't want to just to prevent going hypo. About a month into it I decided that I was going back to Atkins, as my new diet the nurse gave me, made me feel tired, bloated and just dreary! I experiance weeks of lows, until I learnt more about Insulin and decided to change the doses myself, I got 'told off' by my nurse however my sugar numbers had dropped from the mid 20's to about 7mmol so she couldn't really say anything, however she thinks i'm still eating pasta and potatos! What she doesn't know won't upset her. It is a more fine line when I cut out the carbs, but if it makes me feel better, it's somthing i'll put up with!

December was a horrible month! I had my birthday, Christmas, New year and so many do's... I developed a taste for chocolate again, and I went a bit crazy with it all, I had a pretty bad month and my blood sugars reflected this, I was waking every morning not lower than 20mmol most days. Thats when I decided to start again with the Atkins and my diary here!

Breakfast I did not have breakfast today as I got up late.

Lunch Small gammon steak with roasted vegetables

Had a low B/S so had to have glass lucozade and I ate some dark chocolate :( When I go low I crave chocolate really bad, and sometimes I just dont have the sense at the time to stop eating.. over treating it... I will struggle with this alot whilst on Atkins. It will be my down fall.

Dinner (I have only just eaten it and can't remember!!? lol) OH yes! Big mushroom filled with melted cheese and ham, with a salad.

The biggest loser is starting tonight again in the UK! That always gives me a boost in the right direction!!!

Hi raynee - welcome back and hope you can find a nice stable way of eating
Xx

Hi Raynee, welcome back love. I've read that Atkins is good for people with diabetes.

Back