Raynee - This is IT!!

raynee

I'm 25, I live in England and i'm 5 stone or so lighter than I used to be a few years ago! But I still have a long long way to go.

I started my weight journey years ago, when I was at my heaviest - 23stone. I tried several diets from WW to SW, Atkins to Slim Fast. They all contributed to my weight loss, some more than others. My weight was up and down though, whilst I yo-yo'd and swapped and changed to different diets. I had, still have, no confidence - although it is improving, as my weight goes down!!

The big change came last summer, when I was diagnosed as diabetic. I kept it to myself (noone knows except you, now) I am ashamed, embarassed and (was) scared. I ignored it and went rebelious against the fact I am diabetic. I ate bars of chocolate, crisps, one after the other. Then one day I woke up and I couldn't see. I had lost most of my vision. I knew it was my diabetes and I knew I had to do somthing and quickly. From that day forwould, I follow Atkins, I have my own version of it though, in fact, dr.bernsteins. 6 carbs for breakast, no more than 11 carbs for lunch and dinner. I check my blood sugars often. I find this together with the help from Atkins recipies and books, helps to keep my blood sugars near to normal.

Anyway, I have been browsing these Forums for days, looking at the recipies and improving my low carb diet - and finaly decided to join up and contribute.

I have tried writing diaries for a long long time, but I never tell the entire truth, as i'm scared someone will find it and read it. Here, i'm sort of anomynous, and I make a pledge to myself, to tell the utter truth in my diary! Oooo it's exciting :p

Going shopping tomorrow with a list of things to get, after seeing some of your lovely recipies.

Welcome to our lovely forum. You can be as anonymous as you like on here. If you've been reading for a while you'll know we are a friendly bunch but it is quieter on here at the weekend. I'll be around cos I don't have a life! Lol its really cos my oh works shifts and the dog gets bored with my witterings :)

lol reading that and it's like reading something I wrote - i'm also reading these forums at whacky hours and most of the time :p also due to my shift work too. And yes, my dog cannot bare it any more either I think.

I have indeed noticed what a friendly bunch you all are :D

Hi Raynee
Welcome aboard:D
Agree this is a great place to post with anonimity while having a lovely supportive team around. Really helps :)

Your story brings home the reality of where our bodies can take us - and i just so thankful to have found this way of eating now - we can do it:)

Look forward to getting to know you better
Xxxx

Yesterday was shopping day! Popped into Tesco with a list i'd made from scanning through the recipie section on here. Going to make the asparagus wrapped in bacon for lunch, followed maybe by a 'test' curry tonight (i've never made a proper curry!)

I bought some cocoa powder and stirred it into creame, IT WAS DIVINE! but it felt so bad!!!!!!!!!! I didn't test my sugar level after it as I was heading out, technically it should not raise my blood sugar much - but for the simple reason it felt so bad to be drinking - i recon my odd system will have just added a few extra numbers on to the meter! I will test this properly tomorrow morning. Today I am testing a Whey protein drink I bought yesterday in Holland and Barret - the powder smells lovely, but the taste it a little weird. I had some at 8:00am this morning and i'm due to test at 11:00am so i'll note that down. Again, it shouldn't affect my sugar levels, but I like to be sure.

Yesterday we went over to visit family, usualy in the 'old' days, saturday night spent with them meant a big old takeaway, with that in mind, I took a can of beef madras from Tesco with only 4carbs in half the can, and a packet of microwave veg. I was so good! I did have jelly and creame for afters :p

Food Diary for yesterday:
B: A pot of jelly (was late up and rushing around)
L: Creame and cocoa, lettuce, coleslaw and ham with some cheese
D: Beef madras and veg with a jelly and creame for afters

Weighed this morning: 17.12
4lbs down! feels good to finally be in the 17's now!

Brunch: 2x Black Farmers Sausages with a lump of cheese and coleslaw
Dinner: Gammon Steak with cheese sauce and veg
Snack: nuts and jelly with cream

Although i've had a good loss again, today I feel fat! Obviously I am still fat, but I have been feeling so high on life with my weight going down, I don't feel that today. I even did some sit ups and some exercises at home but it didn't change the way I felt. I can't wait until Friday when I can start attending the swimming pool again, and maybe even go for the gym!

I think i'm feeling a bit worse because i've added more cream and bits, which I consider naughty still :S I need to get it into my head that these foods are not naughty!! I think I will change things a little. Have a 'clean' week and then a normal week. A clean week being, just meat and salad or veg. A normal week being added jelly and cream and nuts and burgers etc. We'll see.

4 down,well done. :D
beware the cream and nuts though,they
can make weight loss slower.

Tested BS with the cocoa and cream - didn't hardly rise!!

TY for that info Roos, will have to cut back a bit on the creame I think!

Used a recipie I found on here - Cheeseburger Pie! The entire family loved it! Got a bit saved for my lunch tomorrow. Gonna check my BS soon though as it's made me feel a bit dreary! I've been in the early 5's the past week with rises only immediatly after eating of course, but returning to normal within the time frame - so that's sweet :D

Mmmmmm- cheeseburger pie - runs off to check the weekly menu plan..........:)

Lol, it was great - only had room room for a small slice, well small for me :p was a good job though otherwise i'd probably have eaten the lot lol. Went swimming in the end last night - was lovely, havn't been for ages and had the pool to myself! Can't be bothered with breakfast this morning so just having a pot of sf jelly with a realy light ribena :)

Hi raynee and welcome. I've just found your diary :)

Hello Jim, have been reading alot of your posts in the last few weeks! Very nice info.

Have not updated this for a few days - got a little disheartened when the scales stayed the same this week but i've found a new passion!! Running... :O I've always wanted to jog, but been to embarassed and too unfit to do it! I bought some Asics running shoes, they were quite expensive but in a good way, as I see them sitting there and think I better utilise the money on them lol. Anyway after YEARS of watching joggers run by and thinking, wish I could do that - I have finaly started to 'jog'. It came about on Saturday night, after a few drinks.... and after a few drinks I don't care what people think of me :p So off I went in my new shoes, jogging round the block - even in front of people!! I was so proud and felt so good. This evening I also walked/jogged for 30 minutes. Yeah when I say jog, I mean I walk and then run for like 2 minutes, then walk until I can breath again...etc haha! But on saturday I had the lowest BS reading i've had in a long long long time - 4.3!! (so the alcohol probably lowerd it also) but i'm sure the jogging helped! This jogging malarky has made me feel awake and so less stressed out, I have borderline personality disorder, and since saturday i've felt 'normal'. This evening I had some feelings of anger, during my 'walkjog' the feelings disapeard and I felt on a high!! Though whenever anysign of people are around I do stop and try and walk normally and not look so puffed out haha - I think only the drink could conquer that :p so weekdays.. i'm gonna be a bit aware of people looking haha. Anyway i'm nattering on as usual.

I look forward to see if i've lost next week, I so hope so!! I've been eating well - bacon salad for lunch today and ham salad for dinner. I had an atkins bar and a milkshake on the way to work as I have to be up at 5:45 and don't have any time to even think about breakfast, let alone make it!

My mum keeps commenting on how i appear to have lost so much weight - i love my mum!! I think she is saying it to make me stick to it though lol as she knows what i'm like. I've had some comments at work though which has been a great boost - and I bought the smallest jeans i've bought in maybe 5 years?! Since it all began (not just atkins) i've dropped 4 clothes sizes - i'm almost in the next size down too but they were still a bit of a squeeze!

Apparently sleep is good for weight loss too - is that because i'm less likely to eat? :p but with that in mind, i'm going to head to bed!

Goodnight all x

Morning Raynee, thank you love :)

How's things?

Oh dear woke up this morning expecting at least pounds off, i've been so good. I stayed the same :/. i've been giving it my all and i started so well - its all gone up in the air it seems.

Hang in there - if you are staying clean and green it will come off! Just the body likes to do it in it's own time;)

Morning, stick with it, and closely check what you're eating

Ahhh again! but I havn't just stayed the same I put on 2 pounds! But then I did go a bit wild at an engagement part on saturday night :sigh:.

Katie, I will try and go extra green this week - I was still having the odd can of coke - but i'm going to forget them this week and stick to water. Can I have a black coffee? Also going to be drinking the green tea!

Jim - I've decided i'm goin to take a photo of everything I eat and put it in here so that I can't forget/hide anything :p

I am struggling now for breakfast ideas, I was looking through some diarys for ideas but i'm so not eating Tuna at 6oclock of a morning :p Today i'm having egg and bacon, but then I don't have to be anywhere early.

I've booked a holiday for October, so that has given me some extra encouragement to shift this weight!

My breakfast:

Are those tomatoes? I find they stall me if i have many even if i count the carbs!

Back