RE-FEEDING DIARY

DAY 4

B - Choc shake
L - wholemeal pitta with 1 ham salad
(oh, gorgeous or what!!!)

JUST BEFORE DINNER - a tiny plum (first fruit off the tree this year I have eaten - sweet as honey)!

D - All steamed; salmon, a few potatoes (about 2-3 oz), green beans/cauliflower.

I had 2 coffees today with milk!!! Oh no....dont want to get into that habit again, but I just fancied, so thought if I fancy, I should have and it is allowed. Drank about 3.5ltrs of water today

EXERCISE
600 x hulahoops (non stop) :)
35min walk home from station to home
20 mins Vibroplate
2 hours ironing!!!!!!!!

I enjoyed today...I thoroughly enjoyed lunch and dinner, but felt so satisfied afterwards and never felt hungry at all, so didnt have the fruit, apart from the tiny plum that I had promised myself.
I have not had any of the strawberries, cherries or raspberries we have grown this year, so decided to have a plum before they all were gone too!!!

I feel comfortable but feel as though I want to exercise more, so I stuck to my challenge of walking home from the train station this week. It normally takes me 45 mins, but it only took me 35 (well 33 to be exact)! So, I am walking quicker and wasnt out of breathe either, which I normally am.

Nothing much to tell but just following the plan to the letter :)

You are doing great, Iris. I loved reading about your first meal, and we could all take a leaf out of your book regarding the effort you made, how romantic. My OH is totally wonderful, but gets lost in his music, that mostly I've finished my meal before he's got to the table. I tell him it's ready and then leave him. I used to keep getting up and reminding him, but prefer not to be a nag-bag and he likes his food at room temeperature anyway and I like mine piping hot!! The only advice I can give you is to really listen to waht your body is telling you...are you really hungry, or just thirsty? If you eat **** will it trigger you off to eat more ****? (just fill in the blanks with what your food demon is!!) Good luck!

You are doing great, Iris. I loved reading about your first meal, and we could all take a leaf out of your book regarding the effort you made, how romantic. My OH is totally wonderful, but gets lost in his music, that mostly I've finished my meal before he's got to the table. I tell him it's ready and then leave him. I used to keep getting up and reminding him, but prefer not to be a nag-bag and he likes his food at room temeperature anyway and I like mine piping hot!! The only advice I can give you is to really listen to waht your body is telling you...are you really hungry, or just thirsty? If you eat **** will it trigger you off to eat more ****? (just fill in the blanks with what your food demon is!!) Good luck!

Oh, I know what you mean about OH....my hubby is a bugger on the computer, so I usually give him about 10 mins before I dish up! I have now learnt to wait till he is downstairs before I even put it on the plates..I used to get wound up and would keep shouting, but I dont know....amazing how we learn to adapt :)

Thanks about the tip. I think half my problem was in my head anyway about eating..I have never been a big eater anyway, but ate to mask a lot of hurt I think. I dont need that any longer..well, so far I dont! But,never say never..I will always have to keep a good check on it. But, I dont want to eat for the sake of it. I want to learn to eat like a skinny person! My hubby never eats unless hungry and never finishes his meal if he is full...I have to get to that point. But, it is certainly a learning curve!

Thanks again tough, much appreciated and I will keep it in mind...hungry or thirsty :)

Wow, Scots, your food day sounds delish. I know what ye mean about wanting to exercise more. Must be the energy we are getting from the food. Best of luck with day 5.

Wow, Scots, your food day sounds delish. I know what ye mean about wanting to exercise more. Must be the energy we are getting from the food. Best of luck with day 5.

Thanks Aoife
Worrying about carbs now! But, then again I want to try and introduce them as per the sheet!

Wish I had more time in the day but I dont; not at the minute anyway, but hopefully will do more on holiday.....

Same to you! Having some home made meatballs and a little spaghetti tonight :)

Meat balls sounds lovely. Might give them a go when I get lean mince again.
I was worrying about carbs etc. But I think if we just follow the sheet they gave us and no more, we'll be fine. I think the first 3 days are probably the most important.

I haven't read all your entries in here scots .. sorry! But i skimmed em, seems like you are enjoying eating again and glad you loved your first meal ... great aint it!! :D

Glad you're enjoying refeeding so much Iris. Don't go worrying about the carbs too much though, just introduce them as per the sheet and you wont go wrong. We do need some carbs so just stick to the good ones, if you know what I mean.

Keep enjoying your refeeding as much as you are and you will be fine.

I haven't read all your entries in here scots .. sorry! But i skimmed em, seems like you are enjoying eating again and glad you loved your first meal ... great aint it!! :D

Oh yes, enjoying very much, but enjoying eating healithly too (more importantly) ;-)

Looking forward to hearing all about Blackpool!!!! This is where my boss' office is so I do work from there now and again :)

Glad you're enjoying refeeding so much Iris. Don't go worrying about the carbs too much though, just introduce them as per the sheet and you wont go wrong. We do need some carbs so just stick to the good ones, if you know what I mean.

Keep enjoying your refeeding as much as you are and you will be fine.

Thanks Bev...I think once I go to the pharmacy on Thursay and know I am ok, I will relax even more...really scarey..it was so easy on the shakes as you knew exactly how many calories, etc you were having.....but, still enjoying though! It is wonderful :)

Hope you are doing well!

meatballs sound lovely !!! ;)

I made them for the first time a few weeks ago for the hubby and he said they were gorgeous..not used so much bread....about a tablespoon and only half an egg as well..and will dry fry mine, but fry his in olive oil! But, looking forward to them...

What you having??

Day 5

B - choc shake

12noon - nectarine

L - pitta with ham salad

D - homemade meatballs/3oz spaghetti,
homemade coleslaw

1 x coffe with semi skimmed milk
4 litres of water

EXERCISE
2 x 600 hulas
30 min walk from train station to allotment
20mins Vibroplate (will do this a bit later on).

Been good today and enjoyed everything I ate, although at lunch time I felt so full. I didnt overeat, but just realise how small my appetite is. I did extra hulas and knew I was walking home tonight so wasnt too worried with the fact of feeling full. I decided not to eat as much carbs, so dropped the pasta by 1oz and not going to have many tomorrow...might be why I felt so full..not sure, but will try and see tomorrow with not having any bread/pasta/potatoes.

Iris - of course it's entirely up to you but I wouldn't deviate from the refeed sheet if you can help it. Reduce the quantities a little if you feel it's too much for you but I really feel it's important to have the carbs. This is the whole point of refeed, specifically to reintroduce the carbs in a controlled way, avoiding the whole glycogen/water overload scenario. If you suddenly don't have any again, you run the risk of throwing your body into confusion and it waiting for the next time you do have them to hang onto them.

Just MHO you understand, I'm not saying you should eat more than you feel you need, just be careful what you include in that allowance.
As I've said, at the end of the day it's up to you :) xxx

awww..thanks Jan...funnily enough as I was typing I was thinking I shouldnt stop carbs altogether, so yes, you are right..THANKS!

So, I will have another pitta tomorrow..having left over meatballs - only about 3-4 small ones and salad, so can have the pitta as well....does that sound ok?

I must admit I fancy fruit, not because I am hungry, but I just miss it as I was a bit of a fruit freak before....would it be ok if I had 2 pieces of fruit tomorrow?

I have this stupid idea about carbs...need to get it out of my head.....

I will stick to refeed, like I should :)

Good decision imho ... The pitta sounds fine, strictly speaking you should be having 2 lots of carbs shouldn't you ........ but I won't push my luck ;)

No problem with the fruit - again imo - have them as your 'afters' or as a snack. If it makes you feel better have a tiny bit less salad/veg but there's no need. xx

hi, i had shake, coffee (with tiny drop of milk couldnt drink it with more found it tasted horrible)
lunch i ate toasted brown bread sandwich with turkey rasher, lettuce, tomato, scallion, peppers & low low mayo, (only toasted bread & rasher)
dinner i ate baked potato with tuna & sweet corn, low mayo & salad

dont feel like any snacks think its because i not taking shake till 11 or 12 prob late, but thats when i always took it
:rolleyes:

Glad to see the refeed is still going well for you Iris, you are a shining example as to how it should be done - well done.

Sounds as though you really have the hang of the refeeding now, your menus sounds lovely and varied, just remember to have those carbs as the sheet says, totally agree with Jan on that one.

Hiya Iris, I know how you feel about the carbs, like you, I do worry but honestly I would just stick to the refeed sheet, and see how is goes at the pharmacy tomorrow. God forbid if you have put on a lb, you have proved that you can lose it, so enjoy your eating. After your holiday you'll be going back to TFR - (I'm not suggesting a free licence to eat what you want, but I would love you to enjoy your refeeding time, without worry). I did feel guilty about having alot of carbs, but then I thought well if Lipotrim got my weight off, then must know what they are doing on the refeed diet even if there was a wee bit of a question over the tomatoes. Hope you have another good refeeding day. You sound like you are doing brilliantly so far. Better than me, last night I had an extra portion of fruit and f/f fromage frais as I was hungry after badmington. Still can't face diet coke yet, but had some low calories ginger ale and it was lush.

Back