RE-FEEDING DIARY

Ah Pet, I'm sorry to hear that you have a wee gain. It's not fat, and I think you were brilliant not to grab the chocolate and let it all go. I would have done the same. But you can get to your goal it's just a matter of time. If you eat healthy and have a brilliant holiday. Sure TFR will be here went you get back.
<<big hugs>>

Iris, please please please don't get down about this tiny gain. When I started refeed I actually got told by my Pharmacist that it was quite usual to have a small gain in the first two weeks if we follow the refeed properly due to the glycogen, but this will definitely even itself out with proper maintenance.

I cant remember now, but I either stayed the same on the first week or I gained 1lb, I really cant remember.

You are following refeed correctly so please just put this to the back of your mind and concentrate on your next week of refeed, you are doing brilliantly.

If you do feel that you have a carb problem, wait until after 1 more week then try to cut them down a little at one meal or something similar. Dont let this little blip spoil your great week.

Big hugs xxx

Ah Pet, I'm sorry to hear that you have a wee gain. It's not fat, and I think you were brilliant not to grab the chocolate and let it all go. I would have done the same. But you can get to your goal it's just a matter of time. If you eat healthy and have a brilliant holiday. Sure TFR will be here went you get back.
<<big hugs>>

Thanks Aoife :) Trying to smile....through gritted teeth ;-)!

Iris, please please please don't get down about this tiny gain. When I started refeed I actually got told by my Pharmacist that it was quite usual to have a small gain in the first two weeks if we follow the refeed properly due to the glycogen, but this will definitely even itself out with proper maintenance.

I cant remember now, but I either stayed the same on the first week or I gained 1lb, I really cant remember.

You are following refeed correctly so please just put this to the back of your mind and concentrate on your next week of refeed, you are doing brilliantly.

If you do feel that you have a carb problem, wait until after 1 more week then try to cut them down a little at one meal or something similar. Dont let this little blip spoil your great week.

Big hugs xxx

Thanks Mary; I suppose I was hoping for a miracle this week ;-) doesnt help that I dont know when TOTM is now, and with the underactive thyroid...trying to win a losing battle sometimes!
I am feeling a bit better as it starts to sink in that I know it isnt fat and I should have expected it.
It was made worse by the fact my usual girl at the pharmacy is on holiday and she is always so supportive....I didnt have that today so it was just such a shock.
I know you are right and no doubt Jan will say the same...stick to the refeed this week.
I know I never eat much carbs on holiday anyway as the family eat a lot of fish/meat and veg/salad anyway...so, onwards and upwards as they say.
Never a quiter :)
Thanks again....

Day 7

B - choc shake
L - tuna salad with LF FF/very lF mayo and pitta
D - stir fry quorn with veggies and salad with balsamic vinegar

snacks - none
drinks - 2 x coffee with skimmed milk
1 x pepsi max

Well dont think I ate nearly enough today.Sorry Jan/Mary/Nicola I couldnt eat any carbs at dinner tonight.....was too down, but will do tomorrow.

My mood has been, shall we say, rather sombre and I even ate my dinner very quickly. My hubby commented...part of my problem with food, where I eat to get it over with....so, need to really keep a very big eye on this...my hubby will make sure I chew every mouthful as he understand why I do this.

We cleaned the car together tonight just to get my mind occupied and doing something, which was lovely.....and I am feeling a little better!

Tomorrow is a new day and I am aiming to eat a little bit more...

One good thing, I didnt want to cheat or eat anything I shouldnt. Didnt enter my mind one bit...I was just low with the weight gain, even although I KNOW it is water.......I did have a pepsi max which I fancied - first time I have fancied one and I did find it very sweet but did enjoy it!

Thanks again everyone for your words of support..they mean a lot.

Hi Iris ... sorry I haven't seen this before now. You're probably well away in the land of nod right now and I'm quite sure you'll wake up feeling much better.

I would just advise you to carry on exactly as you have been doing. A small gain is not completely unexpected. A sts or small gain is normal. You will probably find you sts this week and, when you think about it, all that your body has been through - first by having to deal with all those 'wrong' choices, then with TFR and now with getting the old systems up and running properly again. You have to expect it to take time to settle.

I would also advise you NOT to miss next week's wi. It may put your mind at rest and/but yes it MAY disappoint again - but at least you'll know. Knowledge is power and that way you'll go away with ALL the information & knowledge you can have instead of wondering and possibly thinking 'what the hell' now and again. You'll know which week did what to you ... IYKWIM ;):) ... but again - it's entirely up to you.

OH!! And next time it happens ............. my car's filthy!! ;):) xx

Thanks Jan

Oh, I know.....was just in a daze yesterday and the fear of failing took over big style! Made me realise how vulnerable I am, which isnt a bad thing to be honest.

I am ok today; although still feel a wee bit shaky in my mind, attitude! But know I will get over it..phew,,thankfully!

Yes, gonna stick to the refeed day 4-7 again this week, even whilst in Glasgow over the weekend. I do plan to go to the pharmacy on Thursday as Michelle, my usual girl is there and I will want to chat to her before I go on holiday. And, I will eat my carbs too :) :) Being the good girl that I am.

It was a lesson yesterday, albiet very hard, but I got a positive out of it, which is important to me.

I do look forward to coming back on TFR (which I wasnt before), and I look forward to being the person deep down I want to be.

It is all good! And again, Jan, thanks for your 100% support and wise words.

Take care and hope you are doing ok too!

scots, you have done amazingly well, and a tiny gain - is to be expected as already said.... sorry i've not replied before now to your diary - its great and a total inspiration - makes me want to be there !!

Keep it up ! x
<HUGS>

Hope you are feeling better. But great you are going back to get weighed and doing the refeed fully. Have a great time in Glasgow, hope it goes well. Good luck.

scots, you have done amazingly well, and a tiny gain - is to be expected as already said.... sorry i've not replied before now to your diary - its great and a total inspiration - makes me want to be there !!

Keep it up ! x
<HUGS>

Thanks Caren...you will get there! I know you will...I will come after ya if you dont ;-)!!!!!!!!

Hope you are feeling better. But great you are going back to get weighed and doing the refeed fully. Have a great time in Glasgow, hope it goes well. Good luck.

Thanks Aoife

I am doing much better - thanks! I tell you with the support on the forum, I know I (we) can do this :)

Everyone has been absolutely brilliant!!!!

Looking forward to the weekend :)

Speak next week, and again, thank!

ahhh scots :hug99: sorry to hear you had a gain, but like some have said sometimes its expected. And hell, it wasnt even a whole lb!! You have done so well so keep your head high and crack on with another week of it :) xxx

ahhh scots :hug99: sorry to hear you had a gain, but like some have said sometimes its expected. And hell, it wasnt even a whole lb!! You have done so well so keep your head high and crack on with another week of it :) xxx

Thanks Tanya...I know, I was looking for a wee miracle and hoped for 1lb off...but I am ok about it now, just seems to have made me more determined than ever to get to a size 10 at least :)!!!!!!!

Roll on September!!!!

Have a wonderful weekend and keep your chin up :) I know you can do this!

Day 8

B - choc shake
L - bean salad with quorn and fruit salad with a TBS LF natural yoghurt
D - chicken/veg frittata, salad

Drinks - 1 x coffee with skimmed milk
Water - approx 3 litres
Exercise - 1
20 mins Vibro and 500 hulas

I have been really bloated today, even now, around 4 hours after eating my stomach is so big.....dont know why and it is getting me so down. I must admit I dont like eating! I know that sounds strange, but I was happier with the shakes and never felt full like I feel now. I know I havent overeaten so not sure if it is just the fact I am eating now that I am like this.

Off to Glasgow tomorrow and will have my shake for brekkie, with turkey salad and 1 x slice of soya and linseed bread...I am also taking some melon for the road, whilst hubby munches on sweets and crisps.
Out tomorrow night but i have looked at the menu online and will probably have the trusty old salmon again as there doesnt seem to be anything else that is not healthy!

Out of Sunday for lunch so will have a healthy option then as well and no doubt stop somewhere on the way home Sunday and will have to see what I can find.

Hope you have a fantastic time in Glasgow. Dont be afraid to tell these people in the restaurants what you want, or dont want as the case may be, I am sure they will be only too obliging to ensure you get what you are looking for.

I had a present from Turkey today from our friend Ahmet, he sent me a lovely necklace (costume jewellery) the chain is orange threaded and there is a lovely large orange brooch on it, its so lovely. I also had an ankle bracelet in silver, a new purse, and some of these little turkish gloves that I hang from around my drivers mirror. I also had a Turkish flag to put on the roof of my new gazebo (posh smoking room as I dont smoke in the house).

Hi Mary

Oh, isnt that sweet of him!!!! I love the costume jewellery! It is wonderful...I am always buying it but have that much that I cant wear it all!

Oh, posh gazebo right enough..it is lovely how proud they are of their flag..my hubby struggles when he sees the flag abused in UK..he cant understand because it is such a precious thing in Turkey

Oh, how many sleeps now till you go??

Back