RE-FEEDING DIARY

Good decision imho ... The pitta sounds fine, strictly speaking you should be having 2 lots of carbs shouldn't you ........ but I won't push my luck ;)

No problem with the fruit - again imo - have them as your 'afters' or as a snack. If it makes you feel better have a tiny bit less salad/veg but there's no need. xx

Having either potatoes or brown rice tonight - so second load of carbs :)
I need to get it into my head that I cant cut out any food group; that is when I go down the slippery slope of food addiction again!! Going to Trafford Centre tonight so will probably eat out and if so will have salmon and new pots or baked spud and something else :)

Thanks again Jan; font of all knowledge :)! You are !!

hi, i had shake, coffee (with tiny drop of milk couldnt drink it with more found it tasted horrible)
lunch i ate toasted brown bread sandwich with turkey rasher, lettuce, tomato, scallion, peppers & low low mayo, (only toasted bread & rasher)
dinner i ate baked potato with tuna & sweet corn, low mayo & salad

dont feel like any snacks think its because i not taking shake till 11 or 12 prob late, but thats when i always took it
:rolleyes:

You are doing great Nicolas!! Oh, I fancy tuna/sweetcorn :) love sweetcorn,,,I have about 50 corns growing at the minute and cant wait to pick the first one and steam for about 1 min....yum, yum...haha....keep talking about food.

Did you mean you didnt like your coffee with milk, or did you have a shake/coffee? Wasnt sure....funnily enough I had skimmed milk once in the coffee and didnt quite like the taste, but ok with skimmed..

I dont think it matters what time you have your shake? I always have mine around 7:15 but like you, always had it at that time. Creatures of habit we are!

Glad to see the refeed is still going well for you Iris, you are a shining example as to how it should be done - well done.

Aww..thanks Mary! So determined that this weight NEVER EVER appears again....only me in control I suppose so buck stops with me :)

It is all you Maintainers that give me such inspiration as I KNOW it can be done so long as I just keep track of what I am doing..I think accountability and writing down what I am eating is actually helping in the process.

Again, thanks for your support Mary!

Sounds as though you really have the hang of the refeeding now, your menus sounds lovely and varied, just remember to have those carbs as the sheet says, totally agree with Jan on that one.

hehehe...I know.....got a good ticking off, which was well deserved..nah, it was good for Jan to remind me that their is a reason for introducing them. I just tried to skip the process, but knew it wasnt right...and as always someone came to my rescue, in the name of Jan :)

Thoroughly enjoying my food and appreciate it so much more.

Just catching up on progress ;)

Gosh, refeeding is a minefield - it scares me!!

How are you enjoying the milk in tea/coffee? :)

Hiya Iris, I know how you feel about the carbs, like you, I do worry but honestly I would just stick to the refeed sheet, and see how is goes at the pharmacy tomorrow. God forbid if you have put on a lb, you have proved that you can lose it, so enjoy your eating. After your holiday you'll be going back to TFR - (I'm not suggesting a free licence to eat what you want, but I would love you to enjoy your refeeding time, without worry). I did feel guilty about having alot of carbs, but then I thought well if Lipotrim got my weight off, then must know what they are doing on the refeed diet even if there was a wee bit of a question over the tomatoes. Hope you have another good refeeding day. You sound like you are doing brilliantly so far. Better than me, last night I had an extra portion of fruit and f/f fromage frais as I was hungry after badmington. Still can't face diet coke yet, but had some low calories ginger ale and it was lush.

Eh - you are so right Aoife...LT support may have their faults, but the actual program is 100% and it works, so yes, they know about the refeeding too!! Getting my head around it and NOT cutting out any foodgroups at all :)

I think the fact you are doing more exercise as well will be burning up calories and maybe why you are feeling hungry. I dont think that will put too much on with it being some fruit and FF..If you were just sitting about doing nothing, then it might, but hopefully not for you!

I havent tried diet coke yet and I used to drink loads, but I prefer Pepsi Max. I have about 12 or so at home and havent even touched it, or the Robinsons R that I used ot have in water..just prefer good old water.

I am going to Glasgow for the weekend so will probably have a diet coke then as I dont want to drink...not a drinker anyway, but usually like a red wine with company but have decided to stay off the booze as it doesnt bother me having it.

You are doing well too, and roll on Thursday!!!

I lived in Glasgow for 8.5 yrs, and loved it. Mostly in the Westend in Partick,Kelvin Bridge and George's Cross on the Great Western Road. Hope you have a brilliant weekend. I did get a liking for diet Iron Bru.

I understand about the booze I went out last Friday night on a big night out, but didn't drink. I had a ball, and danced all night. Found out that I don't really need it. But dying to try the new pear cider, just cause everyone I know has tried it and liked it. But think I'll wait until next weekend.

West end - eh! Was this in your student days by any chance..I am originally from the South Side of Glasgow; around Queens Park area!

I love glasgow, but must admit it has changed so much since I left around 17 years ago! Just dont recognise it these days.

I am meeting friends I went to school with and one that I havent seen in almost 20 odd years!!Scarey!

I have seen that,,is it Core or something like that? My neighbour works at Robinsons brewery in Stockport, so she quite often gives us some new drinks when they come out (if they are manufacturing it)! haha...silly really, cause we dont really drink, but we often try just to see if we like! But, I dont think they make the Core, but saw it on a billboard the other day!

ENJOY!!!!!! You can have it next weekend...something to look forward to.

I went over there from Dublin after I left Uni, in the 90's. There was no jobs in Ireland at the time. But there was a few of us, friends, went over and had greats years working and partying. It was more like student days but with money. Good times, but I grew up and home beckoned so I moved back to Co. Down and then Co. Donegal, I've been here 2 years now and loving it too. It's nearer my home town, so I get to see my folks more often. Plus loving the outdoors, and sports.

Hope you have a great weekend. I bet you will have caught up with your old friend in 10 mins even though you haven't seen her in 20 yrs.

Oh the Glaswegians know how to party...so I am sure you had a good time!!

Not surprised you came back to Ireland....I went to Dublin in November last year and I loved it...people are just wonderful and such a lot to see.....would love eventually to travel to all the little places in Ireland and will do one day :)!!

Yes, I think I will pick up where I left off....something about friends when you were younger,,,no need to explain yourself!!

Day 6

I didnt really have what I had put on my menu, but still stuck to the refeed.

B - choc Shake
L - meatballs/coleslaw and pitta
D - salmon steak, new pots/broc/carrots/green beans.
Snack - 1 x orange

Drinks - 1 x cofee with skimmed milk
3.5 Litres Water

We went out tonight to Trafford Centre and had a meal out! Oh, I tell you, what a nightmare trying to find somewhere that cooks healthily! Salmon or tuna was the only thing I could find....and I am not 100% convinced that no oil was used...the girl told me none of the veggies were,,but there seemed some sort of film on them, but no taste...just dont know,,so I have been feeling very down since. I didnt eat them all as the fear was so overwhelming !!! How stupid, but real to me.

Dont know how I feel right now...I think today of all days has shown me that my fears are still very real and that I could so easily mess up big time, so need to be so careful and not get myself into situations that I cant control.

I think I will feel ok once I get weighed tomorrow.

I didnt do any exercise today as I woke up with my stiff neck again and my back is still sore from my sports massage, so didnt even do my hula today. Just seemed so tired as well today......oh dear!

Fancy a coffee and the only milk we have is full fat, so dont want to have this....do I sound as though I am feeling sorry for myself...need to snap out of it....

I know I've said it before but it IS sobering to realise that our food demons haven't magically disappeared.

I suppose we just have to realise that this is something we'll have to live with and manage but we CAN do it!

At the very least TFR has given us the chance to become aware and know that we have choices. The rest is up to us.

Again ... we CAN do it! :) xxx

i know how you feel about control, i was fine all week because i was cooking myself at home and in deli, but i very nervous about hols, as i know will be eating out,
i still have not eaten fruit or drank anything but water & coffee with a drop of milk,
i going to bring my shakes and try and do refeed menu again this week as i think the disapline will be good for me, i remember Tanya feeling out of control when she finished taking her shakes in morning and i'm afraid if id lose controll alltogether!

you are doing so well, best of luck with wi ;)

I know I've said it before but it IS sobering to realise that our food demons haven't magically disappeared.

I suppose we just have to realise that this is something we'll have to live with and manage but we CAN do it!

At the very least TFR has given us the chance to become aware and know that we have choices. The rest is up to us.

Again ... we CAN do it! :) xxx

Oh I know Jan...sometimes we can become sanctimonous on TFR as the food element is taken away...it is much more difficult eating and making the correct choices and as you say, we have to make them and the right ones at that.

So far so good and YES, WE CAN DO IT!!

Thanks again for your words of wisom and support!
Bang on as usual :)

i know how you feel about control, i was fine all week because i was cooking myself at home and in deli, but i very nervous about hols, as i know will be eating out,
i still have not eaten fruit or drank anything but water & coffee with a drop of milk,
i going to bring my shakes and try and do refeed menu again this week as i think the disapline will be good for me, i remember Tanya feeling out of control when she finished taking her shakes in morning and i'm afraid if id lose controll alltogether!

you are doing so well, best of luck with wi ;)

I know Nicolas......the most stressful thing is eating out I feel. Because no one seems to do anything healthy at all..even veggies are seeped in bloody oil or butter! What is it with us people...why cant restaurants cater for everyone!!! GRRRRRRRRR

I think it is sensible taking your shakes....probably the best time is lunch time? I know I like the breakfasts on holiday, as you can have fruit/yoghurt...or even continental and not be too bad,,,then shake at lunch and your main meal at night.

I am sure you will do ok! It is just keeping in control and knowing no one is actually forcing us to eat the naughty things..it is by our own choice. I just keep remembering that.

I will be thinking of you on hols, but I am sure you will be doing a lot of activities as well! Which will help.

Take care and speak later.

it is much more difficult eating and making the correct choices

Oh tell me about it :sigh: why cant we just live on tfr forever?!!!!!

I did the Alan Carr seminar to give up smoking over 2 years ago, and before we left he asked us to put up there hands that felt we were scared that it didn't work. I was one of them. He said that it was a healthy fear and we had it because we really wanted it to work and that this fear would help us.
I took that with me, and thought I'll use it elsewhere. If we didn't care we would have no fear, and that fear will help us the keep the weight off.

My Mum asked if I wanted to go out for dinner this weekend and I nearly screamed noooooo, I did say no but not too loudly. I'll brave that demon next weekend. Scots well done on deciding on what to eat and keeping to health food during your meal out. Don't feel down about it as you did brilliantly. You were in a situation that we all will be in time to time and you did the best you could with you had in front of you. So I think you managed very well, and braving that demon early on.

HI Guys

Just had my WI - first week on refeed.and I am gutted. 0.4kg on (0.9lb)....

Since coming out of the pharmacy I have to tell you I am in a daze. That cloud of depression is hanging over me like glue and I dont mind admitting I feel very weepy and upset. I know it isnt fat, but it still doesnt help.....the weight issue is such an important thing and just not what I needed before going to Glasgow.

I am convinced I have a problem with carbs.....I know that years ago I had to cut them out completely when I was doing another diet because I couldnt lose at all. I have done so much exercise this week and obviously followed the refeed as you all know. SO WHERE DID I GO WRONG.
I know it is self pitying but I just feel sad.

I wasnt tempted to go and eat anything naughty as I walked through the town centre...I know in the past I would have just grabbed a basketful of chocolate, come to the office and ate in secret...but I didnt do that, but I am still hurting inside big style!

I really dont think I will go next week to WI, only because this will totally floor me for my holiday if I gain again, so best to just wait till I come back off holiday. I was toying with the idea of just eating healthily when I got back but at least one positive thing (try, try to be positive) is that I now know I need to get to my ultimate goal of around 9 stone and the only way to do it is TFR!! So, the Monday after hols (14 September) I am back on TFR!!

Sorry I am whinging, just had to get my feelings down..I am sure this will help me to keep focussed. I wont stray; come too far for that.

Not sure if I want to post on the main forum, but I think I will have to brave it and tell eveyone...no point hiding it!

I did the Alan Carr seminar to give up smoking over 2 years ago, and before we left he asked us to put up there hands that felt we were scared that it didn't work. I was one of them. He said that it was a healthy fear and we had it because we really wanted it to work and that this fear would help us.
I took that with me, and thought I'll use it elsewhere. If we didn't care we would have no fear, and that fear will help us the keep the weight off.

My Mum asked if I wanted to go out for dinner this weekend and I nearly screamed noooooo, I did say no but not too loudly. I'll brave that demon next weekend. Scots well done on deciding on what to eat and keeping to health food during your meal out. Don't feel down about it as you did brilliantly. You were in a situation that we all will be in time to time and you did the best you could with you had in front of you. So I think you managed very well, and braving that demon early on.

Hi Aoife

Thanks for that...you know, that has really helped me so much right now...and I appreciate you sharing it because it is the fear of being fat again that will stop us from making wrong choices, I am sure of it!

So, you gave up smoking and now as fit as a flea :)!!! Marvellous.

Hope you are having a good day.

Back