RE-FEEDING DIARY

Scotsmist

Life is not a Rehersal!
Hi Folks

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I ate.

Right folks, not one for being brief, as you have now realised. This was my night.

Didnt do my walk, as planned, as hubby wanted to bring me home in the car and then go out for a bike ride together..so, that is what we did..then we went to our other allotment.

Got home, and started to prepare our first meal together with me eating.

Firstly, and most importantly, the table!! I got the table cloth out, candles, went and cut some flowers (his favourite), good cutlery, glassware and crockery!! Got it :) hahaha....

Prepared the meal with such love....was so excited and to be honest it felt surreal. Just couldnt believe I was about to eat, but I still didnt pick as I was preparing...good habit now I hope!

When the hubby came to the table, he didnt realise what I had done and he was just smiling. Oh, he has been brill...I am so lucky, I have such a lovely man. So, my first mouthful of fish felt very salty, forgotten smoked fish was like that..but my hubby said it wasnt salty, but I suppose my palate has changed. It was gorgeous....and I chewed every single mouthful and ate it all too!!!! I tasted the dill, the lemon, oh, everything was swirling around my mouth and the emotions were so good. I must admit I could have cried, but I was too happy!

My wee hubby just kept touching me and saying how skinny I was and that he has never been more prouder of me than he is now.

We talked and talked and it was just so lovely...sorry folks, really going on here! But, this is such a big thing for me...I am just hoping I have cracked this stupid food addiction thing.

So, I am very satisfied and full and happy and, and, and..hahahaha....I couldnt wait to come on and tell you all!!!!!

Thank you so much for helping me prepare these past few weeks; you have all been so good and supportive...I have said it before, I woudnt be where I am with you all!

So, tomorrow is another day, and I am going to get hubby to take a photo of me before we go out to town. My hubby is a photographer and not once have I asked for photos as I have never wanted them, but I will try and post them over the weekend....I didnt do any before, but have found one where I was the same size, 14odd stne....so I will post that too so you can see the difference!

Anyway, I think I best stop....I can stop you know ;-)

Hope you all have good weekends!!

TAke care
Iris

Last edited:
cant wait to c photo's ;) sounds like the perfect evening honey soooooo glad u enjoyed it ! well deserved !!! u should be sooooooooo proud of yourself ;)

Awww. That sounds perfect, I actually feel almost teary :eek:

You've done so well and really deserve to continue doing that well and enjoying the new lease of life LT gives you :D

Awww. That sounds perfect, I actually feel almost teary :eek:

You've done so well and really deserve to continue doing that well and enjoying the new lease of life LT gives you :D

Thanks Elle!!!! I feel lucky, just finding out about LT and the way it has turned my life around...my hubby commented that I hadnt been depressed once since starting LT...and you know, that is so true! Before LT I was crying all the time and hated life so much....

So, destiny is in our own hands - eh!! I dont intend letting this go, just want to keep losing and losing.

Thanks Elle..you have been brill as well....oh, me you and Nic need to do a tea-challenge. I mentioned on another post, but I dont think you or Nic read it!
Try different teas and report back what they were like :) fancy it for next week??

LOL, i thought about that on the drive home!
I will have to label them all up for the hotel stay but yes I'm definitely up for that :)

It's interesting what you say about not being depressed. I ended last year and started this year off work with depression so i notice even more how blooming happy i feel almost ALL the time since being on LT. I gues it's a combination of losing the weight, achieving such success with it, but also being in control...

yep good idea ! i drink way to much coffee!!!!!!!

Oh Iris - what a wonderful story! You make me wish I'd made more of my first meal now. You tell a fabulous tale. You say you're lucky to have such a hubby - I say you're lucky to have each other!

I hope all your meals are as enjoyable :) xx

Your first meal together sounded so romantic, I am glad you enjoyed your meal and each others company.

So happy for you that you enjoyed your meal, and salt is one of the things that I have cut right back on after TFR, I still only add salt to my cooking and very rarely add it to the actual dish, the palate definitely changes.

I agree, you ARE lucky to have each other.

LOL, i thought about that on the drive home!
I will have to label them all up for the hotel stay but yes I'm definitely up for that :)

It's interesting what you say about not being depressed. I ended last year and started this year off work with depression so i notice even more how blooming happy i feel almost ALL the time since being on LT. I gues it's a combination of losing the weight, achieving such success with it, but also being in control...

It's amazing how weight makes you feel....and you are definitely in control now, which is lovely.....depression is such a horrible thing..I have suffered it since I was 15 and over the years it has come and gone,,,,,I have to say this is the happiest I have ever been and I know it is all to do with my control (at the minute) over food!

Have a great weekend, and I will start my tea-challenge tonight ;-)

Oh Iris - what a wonderful story! You make me wish I'd made more of my first meal now. You tell a fabulous tale. You say you're lucky to have such a hubby - I say you're lucky to have each other!

I hope all your meals are as enjoyable :) xx

ahahahaha - my ex-boss once said that brevity didnt figure in my vocabulary and she was right! But, I am a bit of a talker (when comfortable)...I can also be very shy and quiet too - HONESTLY!!

Yes, we are very lucky.....my ex hubby was a B, bleep, bleep, bleep!!! Thankfully, second time around has been happier :)

We had candlelight again tonight, but it wasnt as surreal as last night, but still lovely and enjoyable.

Thanks again Jan!!

Your first meal together sounded so romantic, I am glad you enjoyed your meal and each others company.

So happy for you that you enjoyed your meal, and salt is one of the things that I have cut right back on after TFR, I still only add salt to my cooking and very rarely add it to the actual dish, the palate definitely changes.

I agree, you ARE lucky to have each other.

Your right about the salt Mary,,,,I dont think I will put any salt at all....actually, for years I never ate salt and only started when I met my hubby....you will know the Turks seem to love their salt!!!!! Or maybe it is just my hubby's family....so, I got into a very bad habit, but I dont need and can now taste what I am eating.

DAY TWO

B - Trusty old shake, that I still enjoy!
L - 4oz tuna
Salad conisting of beansprouts, cucumber, watercress and green peppers in balsamic vinegar.
D - 4oz chicken heated with one mushroom
Mixed with same salad as above, with balsamic vinegar

Started the morning with 10 x on Vibroplate. Was in Manchester today, walking around the shops for 4 hours (good exercise)!!!

Will do another 10 x on Vibro later tonight before going to bed!

Had a lovely day today and feel as though I am relaxing a bit more with food, but there is still this nagging in my mind that I am not at goal!!! Wish it would disappear......but I think this will actually help me in keeping everything in check and helping me to get back to TFR when I come back off hols....I am trying to turn this horrible, negative nag into a positive.

Tomorrow is another day :) Looking forward to my baked spud and some lf FF (got some Jan)!!!!!! :)

I re-read all the notes from the pharmacist about re-feeding and maintaining and it just highlighted more to me that losing weight is the easy part, the hard part is maintaining it! So, yes, I need to be ultra careful....the notes also mentioned about how we are still fat people inside but people see us thin and can quite easily entice us. It just made me think about my whole journey and how I need to just keep everything in order and not go off the rails...

Day 3
B - Choc shake
L - chicken salad with a tsp of LF FF
D - haddock with mush/onion
side salad with a tsb of LF FF
baked spud!!! WAW, yummy or what...

Well, seems I have got into the swing of things now and dont feel so shocked at eating....I still really enjoy my shake in the morning.

Felt fed up with the salad today; think because I am not having a lot of variety as sticking with it being green! So, at least tomorrow I can have toms, red/yellow peppers and maybe look at some other salady things.

I didnt really enjoy the haddock I had tonight; I think it was because I didnt add any salt, and it tasted a bit bland, but I dont want to start adding salt if I can help it.

I am still drinking between 3-4 litres of water and had one cup of black tea (very weak). Still not having milk in tea and havent started drinking coffee ...willl try and keep off it as long as I can.

Looking forward to my ham salad pitta tomorrow! So, seems every day is different and something new to look forward to.

Feel very happy and content with me today, and havent had the thought of "oh, no I am not at goal yet"...

Hi Iris. So glad you're enjoying refeeding. Your first meal sounded so romantic, what a good idea to use the candles etc. You and hubby sound so happy together, I'm on second time round too and thankfully have the right one this time too!!

Stick to your refeeding plan and you will be fine. Can't believe you are refeeding already, only seems like a few weeks ago that you started LT. You've done so well on this and deserve all the compliments that hubby is giving.

Keep enjoying refeeding, it sounds as though those bad habits have gone for good, good for you!

Wow, your first meal sounds brilliant, so glad you enjoyed it. You sound as if you are doing really well too. I had bake haddock on the second day too and wasn't too fussed on it, but for lunch next day I had it steam and boy did it taste better. Try steaming it, and I had for steamed veg too and it was lush.

I had a friend for tea last night and she ate what I ate but had larger portions and it was really nice, felt I was getting back to life with food but with a lot less of me. Congrats on your progress so far.

Hi Iris. So glad you're enjoying refeeding. Your first meal sounded so romantic, what a good idea to use the candles etc. You and hubby sound so happy together, I'm on second time round too and thankfully have the right one this time too!!

Stick to your refeeding plan and you will be fine. Can't believe you are refeeding already, only seems like a few weeks ago that you started LT. You've done so well on this and deserve all the compliments that hubby is giving.

Keep enjoying refeeding, it sounds as though those bad habits have gone for good, good for you!

Hi Bev

Lovely to hear from you...I was only thinking about you this morning as I was walking upstair to my office :)!! Hope you are ok and enjoying maintaining!!

Yes, second time around seems better for a lot of people!

I am enjoying eating again, but enjoying being healthy and not straying...just think I will have to be so careful and never get down that rocky road again, but my intention is honorable (as they say) and dont intend it to happen.

I know, time have flown by, I cant believe the weeks and where they have gone...although this weekend seems to have flown past for some reason ...must be the fact of eating ;-)!

Wow, your first meal sounds brilliant, so glad you enjoyed it. You sound as if you are doing really well too. I had bake haddock on the second day too and wasn't too fussed on it, but for lunch next day I had it steam and boy did it taste better. Try steaming it, and I had for steamed veg too and it was lush.

I had a friend for tea last night and she ate what I ate but had larger portions and it was really nice, felt I was getting back to life with food but with a lot less of me. Congrats on your progress so far.

You are right about steaming...I do usually use a steamer for my veggies, but for some reason I thought I would bake it. I am having salmon tonight with some green beans (home grown...first of my produce this year that I will eat)!! So, I am looking forward to this very much.

You have done so well to Aoife and it is nice to feel part again even although I never did feel left out as I made sure of it, but it is nice to sit and chat and eat as well and not stare and sniff :)!

Have a great week and here's to almost finishing Wk 1 Refeed.

Thanks Scots, hope you enjoy your refeed week too. It's really good to be eating again.

aww Iris you sound so happy! your husband sounds wondeful and attentive - glad you are very happy.

well done so far hun - dont know why i even come into the refeed section seeing as i wont be seeing food this year :eek: but i love to see how everyone moves on and how well you all do.

well done hun!

Sxxx

Back