Re-Start 1st January 2010 - buddy group

happy new year everyone

hi there,
happy new year to everyone. can i join you all im starting today tried to start since august but have just messed up. i need to know that im not alone in my battle with the food demons that bug my life and ths place is great for that.

ive want to lose 4 stone ideally but would be ok with 3 will just be taking one day at a time though this time cos when i plan ahead i seem to lose the plot!!

im doing ss+ with the 4 cd and skimeed milk until i get into ketosis. my first weigh in is next wed night so im hoping for at least 9lb.

hope everyone doing well so far today.
i live in the north east and woke up to 6inches of snow this am!!! so there goes my plan for a brisk new years day walk along the coast lol!!

happy water drinking to you all xx

Hi Josie, I've been struggling to restart since about august as well. Where abouts in the north-east are you, we have to take our daughter back to Newcastle Uni tomorrow and were hoping for a clear run, hoping to avoid snow, still if I got snowed in up there I could have a day off work on Monday!

Hi Girls,
I will join also if thats ok :) I have been here before, twice! Lost it all for my wedding and i'm bigger than i ever was!! 5/6 stone to go , hopeing to reach that by July. ooking forward to following your weight loss journey , hopefully it will be our brfore and after pix up soon.
Day one started and actually doing great , fingers crossed it stays this easy :O
Good luck & Happy new year !!XXXX

Good morning ladies!
I have actually started today, husband wanted to take me out for a new year meal yesterday and since I'm not going to be eating for the next 3 months I couldn't really say no! However, am just about to have my first SS - breakfast oats! God Bless whoever came up with that one! Yum! And Cinnamon allowed too! I'm going to have oats, tomato soup and a peanut bar every day. Slight cheat as I know you're supposed to do the liquids for the first 2 weeks but hey ;)
Good luck everyone! We can do this!
xxxxx
L

i too love the peanut bars, but have decided to wait for a week until i start on those!
day 3 hasnt been as bad as i thought, kept myself busy, been to see a mate, took dd to see my mom, and generally tided the house. i also had a bit of a pamper session this morning, body scrub and then mosturised, eye brows, facial etc. kept my hands busy and away from food. my resolution is to do this once a week, prob on a sunday night.
just had my 2nd shake, i will have the last one 9ish before bed.. works for me!!
hope you have all had a good new years day
tracy

Well so far have had the oats. VERY filling and can deffo recommend them ladies!
Had 2 coffees today and had a couple of bites of the peanut bar with my second one. Am now living in the USA and the bars here are different to the UK ones, smaller but a lot sweeter!
Am feeling really good so far. Have a very determined mindset which I think helps. Am aiming to have the soup around 7ish (it's nearly 4 now) but not missing food at all (so far!)
Hope you're all doing great!
xxx
Lucy

lucy - are you american or british? i love the states (esp disney:rolleyes:) we are in orlando/miami for 3 weeks thats my goal, tobe thin for then:D
been good, its nearly bed time for me, headache and funny taste kicking in, so think i might just sleep it off
tracy

I'm British but married an American and have been here since July full time. Part of the reason I gained the weight back is from comfort eating to get myself through the culture shock I think. Hoping to finish Cambridge well and learn proper eating habits after. That's the hardest bit!
xxxx
L

Hi everyone

I woke up with a terrible cold and feeling awful so decided i am going to start either Sunday or Monday - great to hear that those who have started today are doing well - keep it up! Keep posting guys xx

Aww Jodie sorry to hear you're not well - I'm just coming out of the cold I've had since Christmas, which is part of the reason why I'm waiting til Monday too - not sure I could have dealt with not having throat sweets because of being on the diet!

We shall be restarting together properly then :) that's cool!

Hope you feel better soon xx

jodie- hope you re feeling better this morning!
lucy - how exciting, i am married to a french man, we lived in france for 8 years and then moved back to the uk about 9 yrs ago when my mom was ill (she is fine now:):))
day 4 today for me!!
tracy

hi there it should be day 2 for me today but felt so ill yesterday so i decided to start today.
ive not had anything yet but im going stick to 3 tetras and half a peanut bar a day and 2 cups of coffee with skimmed milk per day so its sort of ss+ (i know bars should be from week 3 but i did this the last time i restarted and managed to lose)
i got the biggest loser dvd for wii fit for xmas (what a tactful pressie eh lol!!) and want to start it has anyone tried it??
how is everyone doing today??

Day 1 for me too.

I'm doing okay so far but it's really hard to drink plain water again after so many months of drinking coke etc. Steering clear of water flavourings and coke zero though as I tend to go a bit mad!!! x

hi , i know what you mean about the water ive been drinking buckets loads of coke and not diet !! it seems as soon a i have even a glass of it it starts a mad craving and i just cant stop drinking it!!

ive had a choccy tetra and a cup of coffee with skimmed milk and 1 litre of water so faras ive been up since 6am (the joys of having 2 year old twins :D)

TWINS, OMG!!!:eek:
i have 3 kids, one has autism, though they have been sleeping quite well, got me up at 8 today, so thats ok, im going to struggle monday when i have to be up at 6:eek:
doing ok, have just taken down my xmas tree and de cluttered the living room, dh is at footie training, when he comes back he ll take the lights down and then its all done for another year, phew!!
so, what is everyones motivation for doing this, other than looking like angelina jolie??
mine is my hols in aug, so i have a few months yet.
i should confess i jumped on my scales this am and have lost 3lbs in 3 days:clap::talk017:
ok, just had to celebrate, along way t go yet, lol!!

motivation

scojos
My motivation is to have another baby. I have a 1 year old son and want to give him a play mate. I want a healthy pregnancy so need to lose.
Day 2 for me and I have eaten so much over christmas im still full up.
How are you getting on?

coke>?

Elvira
You mentioned coke zero. This was a grey area last time I did cambridge but this time my cdc said it wasnt ok to drink!
Can I have it or not? Do miss coke and its only day 2.

so, what is everyones motivation for doing this, other than looking like angelina jolie??

Mine is to be slim ready for going back to Norfolk sometime this year. No-one will have seen me since Christmas so I want to look a lot slimmer by the time I see everyone!

Elvira
You mentioned coke zero. This was a grey area last time I did cambridge but this time my cdc said it wasnt ok to drink!
Can I have it or not? Do miss coke and its only day 2.

Officially it's a no as it can induce feelings of hunger. My CDC says I can have 2 cans a day, but personally, it was responsible for me falling off plan the first time. If you do have it, I would recommend only 1 can a day. BUT most CDCs will tell you no. x

Back