Re-thinking the CD, maybe it's not quite for me..

1350 :) been researching a few different calorie calculators today and going through BMR and BMI and all that nonsense and with my stats I should consume around 1600 calories a day, but for me that seems too high, so I'm gonna start at 1350 with regular high intensity exercise at the gym 3-4 times a week... Then if I hit a plateau I'll drop to 1200 but don't plan on going any lower than that.

I've messed up my metabolism way too much in the past and don't plan on doing it anymore! x

- sent from my iPhone. "No one said it would be easy, they just said it'd be worth it.."

Get my fitness pal app - you can select your calories for the day and it works out calories you've used through exercise - I always use the app x

I feel really sad leaving you lovely ladies :( I'll definitely have to pop on now and again and see how you're all getting on and let you all know how I'm doing too! For the time being I'm still gonna incorporate some shakes into my calorie intake - I've become too attached to the cappuccino ones to let go just yet! Lol xx

- sent from my iPhone. "No one said it would be easy, they just said it'd be worth it.."

Definitely come back and update us huni, good luck xxx

Good luck Lauren, you have to do what's right for you - life is too short to be miserable and if you were feeling deprived on Cambridge it would only ever be a vicious circle of diet/binge etc, a vlcd doesn't work for everyone we are all different, so I hope calorie counting works for you - like it did in the past. Good luck,keep us updated Hun xxxx

Thanks everyone :) all your messages are so kind! Miss talking to the lot of you as well. I'm doing much better with the calorie counting - being able to wake up and have a proper breakfast is keeping me sane and happy! Lol. Getting into training for the 10k race for life I'm taking part in this July, so think my body needs a decent amount of calories just to fuel me through that! Hope you're all doing well on CD which I bet you are! Will keep you updated on my weight loss and journey :) xx

My view is do Ss no stories get the job done then do maintenance then go on to healthy eating excersise.

We are all human though and most on Cambridge will always have to watch weight.

richman14 said:
My view is do Ss no stories get the job done then do maintenance then go on to healthy eating excersise.

We are all human though and most on Cambridge will always have to watch weight.

I'm with you on that!!

laurenmay said:
I don't understand it at all.

Well what I think it means is.. Do Ss and get the hard part out of the way and loose the weight then go To Maintenance and start a healthy lifestyle... Well that's my plan lol
But you don't have a lot to loose and you a fit person whereas I don't like excercise I go through phases of doing it... Me and running do not get on! >.<

I don't understand it

Hi Lauren I am saying instead of lots of stories do the Cambridge get were you want to be and then move up steps then do calorie controlled lifestyle change. I have seen your off Cambridge now anyway so ignore my view of it.

Wish you lots of luck on your new route.

That was my original plan, to follow Cambridge until I'd hit goal then go up the steps until I'm maintaining.. But I couldn't even lose the weight with Cambridge, just because I found it so difficult and could only manage two days before I'd cave in and binge... Im so much happier calorie counting, and I know the weight loss is slow and a hell of a lot slower than Cambridge, but I'm willing to accept that as long as it means I'm happy and not struggling. I do love exercise, the gym and running, and I couldn't manage either of those on Cambridge just because my body was so weak. Thanks for your replies but I'm definitely happier on the calorie counting route :)

Back