ready meals

I'm not a big fan of ready meals in general but the WW ones are actually delicious! And at only £1 per meal it's not bad. :)
I love the cottage pie, I don't do the PP plan but it's something like 200 calories [4 discovery points] which is really low compared to other meals. It's filling and taste really nice!

The tomato and basil wedges are really nice as well. Filling and are really good quality.

I actually thought the Beef Lasange was quite nice with the WW chips, but not on it's own.

What I like about them is that you know exactly how much you are eating, unlike home cooking where you have to make an educated guess as to how many points is in. I know that homemade will always be better but I feel so much safer having something I know was approved by WW. :)

What I like about them is that you know exactly how much you are eating, unlike home cooking where you have to make an educated guess as to how many points is in.

I agree that the ww ready meals are nice and convenient, but if you use esource it's really easy to make up how many points are in a recipe: you just add the quantities and ingredients on the recipe calculator and the serving size... and tada! You magically obtain how many points it is :) easy ;)

or you can use Sparkpeople recipe builder, see how many proteins, carbs, fat and fibre are in the recipe per portion and then work out the points yourself! :)

i agree that it's easy to point up your own meals but sometimes when you don't have time it can be difficult. also, there is no danger of over-eating with the ww ready meals, presumin you're just cooking for yourself. i know i find if i cook from scratch for me and my boyfriend i always end up going back for second helpings, and so increasing the propoints value of the meal, but there is no temptation there when you have a ready meal :)

Not WW but yesterday I had a Look What We've Found pouch of mutton stew and it was really nice (though a bit pricey). The pouch was 6pps and I had it with a bit of boiled potato and some proceseed peas making it up to 10pps. If I have it again though, I won't bother with the potatoes and will have another veg because there was lots of potato in it.

just had a yummy morrisons eat smart sausage & mash - much nicer than weight watchers version for only a point more (it's 10pp), and get this.. you actually get REAL mashed potato :D not mashed veg! very yummy sausages and gravy too!

I am going to try as ASDA Good for you Chicken Hotpot tonight and have lots of veggies with it i shall report back :)

Asda's Good for You Chicken Sizzler is delicious and only 7 pp.
Chicken, peppers, and a spicy sauce, would be delicious with a serving of rice for a huuuuuuge meal. I just had the portion as it was, no rice, for lunch and it left me stuffed.. :)

I am going to try as ASDA Good for you Chicken Hotpot tonight and have lots of veggies with it i shall report back :)

This was yummy :D

Back