ready meals

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by graciebabes, 9 February 2011 Social URL.

1. graciebabes

graciebabes will hit target this time

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    looking through some of the threads and posts on here, it seems to general concesus is that people don't really like the weight watchers ready meals, whereas i bloody love em :D

thought it might be useful to put on here the ones people like (if any!) and the ones to avoid.. apologies if there is a thread for this somewhere else, i'm a bit useless with this whole forum thing!

so, some of the ones i like:

chicken tikka massala with corriander and basmati rice - really yummy, great for a curry fix and feels quite naughty! have found there is rather alot of chicken in this one, compared to some of the others i've tried. at 10 propoints it's lovely with a 3pp mini naan bread! this one even gets the boyfriend's seal of approval ;)

sausage and mash - seem to be good quality sausages, and although if i was to cook sausage and mash i'd probably have double the portion, i am always satisfied with the amount there! 9 propoints for this one

tomato and basil chicken with potato wedges - this is just all round yummyness, and feels very indulgent as you get alot of wedges! this one is 6 propoints i think off the top of my head

and some of the ones i will be avoiding:

beef lasagne - sickly cheese sauce, hardly any meat, doesn't hold it's form, very sloppy, and i always manage to burn my tongue on it haha! :D

spaghetti bolognese - liked it the first few times i had it, but then began to taste like the tinned spaghetti you get in tomato sauce. bit disappointing when you're craving pasta! could be just as low points to make your own and limit your portion. 8 propoints for this one

so what does everyone else like?!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. pudnpie

pudnpie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I like the chilli and wedges one, chicken lasagne and the chicken tikka one. Don't really think much of the sausages one but tbh I would eat any of them on the couple of nights a week I have them just for convenience

4. graciebabes

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    oooh not tried the chicken lasagne one.. any good??

5. pudnpie

pudnpie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It chicken and spinach lasagne I think. Was quite nice.

6. graciebabes

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    hmmm sounds interesting, might have to give that one a go. hopefully better than the beef lasagne!

7. ~Crooked Smile~

~Crooked Smile~ Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(24.86%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I love the pizzas, the red thai chicken curry with jasmine rice, and the sweet chilli chicken with thai sticky rice :)

8. *Sparkles*

*Sparkles* **2015 is my Year!**

Start Weight:
    19st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(12.64%)
    Diet:
    weightwatchers
    I really like the frozen chicken tikka masala....not too spicy and quite creamy although definetly not enough of it lol. I also like the chicken in a creamy mushroom sauce with pasta. This used to come with potatoes but they changed it to the pasta which is rubbish as I cant eat it now (have a wheat intolerance).

9. j70joj

j70joj Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I like the chicken hotpot, beef hotpot and the pizzas. Also i buy the Tesco light choices minced beef and potatoes, that is yummy and only 5pps which is even lower than the ww meals.

10. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I never liked the WW meals not in comparison to things like Asdas own range. Which tastes much nicer, has bigger portions and felt like a proper meal lol Id recomend them. The only WW one I did buy regularly was the tuna pasta bake... it was lovely

11. Kitteh

Kitteh Resident geek

Diet:
    sw
    brill write up.. hehe..

i really like the beef and red wine casserole one.. nice with some ww crusty bread
    xx

12. sammybo22

sammybo22 Member

The Weight watchers bolognese al forno is really lovely and is only 9 pp. The ww garlic bread goes well with it also :)

13. ChubLock

ChubLock Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.44%)
    Diet:
    SW/5:2
    The chicken and lemon risotto is nice (and filling) for ? ProPoints and the basil chicken & wedges is lush.

I quite like the chilli and wedges too. Not keen on the chilli chicken and thai rice personally.

I tend to have them at work because it's an easy to do meal and fills me up till at least 5pm ish :)

14. k4c3y

k4c3y Full Member

i like the ross spinach and ricotta cannelloni 8pp and only £1 in iceland's at the mo

makes a nice change

15. yummymummy75

yummymummy75 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(15.43%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    weight watchers pro points
    oh i'm in love with the chicken hot pot,,my freezer full of them oh and the chilli wedges,,i usually add a chicken breast to the wedges,,yum

16. *Fallen Angel*

*Fallen Angel* Full Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    The WW spinich and ricotta cannelloni is lovely.

17. tuppers

tuppers Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.39%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    M&S do a range of meals for one. Not especially advertised as low fat but they do have the 'eat well' sign on the packaging. One of my favs - Roast pork slices with creamy mash, carrots and broccoli, and gravy - in the oven for 6.5 discover points. Yum.

18. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    I love the wwfh shepherds pie !!

But this weekend we had Tesco lite choices beef enchiladas-11 propoints and absolutely gorgeous

19. kagome75

kagome75 WWer

Start Weight:
    92kg
    Current Weight:
    61kg
    Goal Weight:
    55kg
    Lost(%):
    31kg(33.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    it's actually quite a long while that I don't buy any ready meal... except pizzas and soups! I buy mostly pizza express mozzarella for my boyfriend and some of the 11pp pizzas from ww for me. I also buy when I go to ASDA the 6pp pizzas that they sell, very handy when you don't have time to cook.

However, previously I used to like chicken lasagne, shepherd pie, fisherman's pie, M&S count on us Chilli con Carne, ww chicken in tomato and basil sauce with potato wedges, ww quiche lorraine 8and any type of quiche) and a couple of others I can't remember now... *sighs*

I recently started to cook almost everything from scratch and only use things like fish fingers, goujons or mince and onion pies for my boyfriend when I don't fancy cooking (I would have a light mozzarella on those days...)

20. michellethegooner

michellethegooner Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st4.5lb(39.96%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers, pro points
    I like the chilli wedges, and chicken hotpot or beef for that matter usually bulk them out with veg, have a ww spicy chicken pizza in the fridge for tomorrow, hope it's nice

Had a ww tagiatelle last week and it was lovely again bulked it out with some salad

21. graciebabes

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Wowwwee glad to see I'm not the only one who likes the ready meals, looking on here I was beginning to think I was the only one!

That red thai chicken curry sounds nice, although I'm not sure if I like the sound of jasmine rice, hmmmmm...

Few things to add to my shopping list I reckon thanks girls :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.