Ready meals!

Well I have now tried the sausages and absolutely hated them! Taste, texture, look - awful. Never again.

I tried the meatballs - they were OK but a bit "bouncy". I wouldn't buy those either.

We all thought there was far too much pepper in both sausages and meatballs, and someone who had tried two of the ready meals said the same about them.

I have been given some vouchers to buy them cheaper, but I doubt that I will bother

Iv tried the sausages and thought they were lovely after eating quorn sausages these wer a lovely change and a great free addition to my free breakfast .. With the mixed reviews on the meals i think everyone should try as we all have different tastes iv only tried the sausages and tikka so far , i enjoyed them both

Had the noodles yesterday, and again there was enough for both me and my hubby. Really enjoyed the flavours and as mentioned in a previous post the meat and prawns were delish

Tried the beef/veg crush , meat nice and tender but found the sauce had a tangy flavour, so far my favourite has been the hot smoked salmon , i have a few to get through, thought i would try them all once , but i don't think i will make a habit !

I replied on the off topic one but my opinion on the pasta with meatballs and chicken tikka were that they are very tasty and filling but have a very high salt content. This has put me off, but I will still have a couple in the freezer for emergency work meals. X

I replied on the off topic one but my opinion on the pasta with meatballs and chicken tikka were that they are very tasty and filling but have a very high salt content. This has put me off, but I will still have a couple in the freezer for emergency work meals. X
I suppose it depends if salt affects people? I know too much isn't supposed to be good and can hinder weight loss. That aside I don't like salty tasting foods per se so would have put me off too Lousie.

I only looked as my mom wanted to try one but is on a low salt diet for health reasons. (high blood pressure and diabetes)
I was shocked that the tikka contained 4g of salt. The recommended maximum daily intake is 6g.
I know my body retains water when I eat too much salt, so for me these meals will definitely be for very occasional use.
I know SW have to preserve the food but I found it disappointing that we are continuously told to flavour food with herbs and spices and then the salt content was so high. X

I had the Beef and veg crush at work today, to see what they were like and it was ok, fairly watery and slightly "artificially" tasting though. It was basically the same as the equivalent WW meals really. I'm kind of interested to try some sausages to see how they compare.

Meatballs and pasta - ok but a bit boring. Felt like something I would make with some pasta and a tin of tomatoes on a bad day.

prawn and noodles - ok - bit too spicy for me.

Chicken tikka - quite good but could do with some rice in the packet!

generally - very generous portions - would serve 2 nicely with some additions. Wish they came with 1/3 speed food. Some of them do but not convincingly. 11 - 13 minutes to microwave is a long time on a 30 minute lunch break especially as they then take a long time to eat being so generous. The sauces are a bit watery but that is probably because they are not full of flour or other thickeners.

I have the full range except for the bags of meatballs now so will work my way gradually through them and report back. I was lucky that Iceland had different ones in stock for my two visits. Queues at the freezer each time!

I predict I will like 2 or three of them and use them once a week at work. So many of them come with a rich tomato sauce - I think they might get samey.

Thanks for such a comprehensive report, Nettee! Haven't bought any yet but don't sound too convincing, on the whole. Still, only time will tell! :) Thanks again!

Kathy

I tried the chicken tikka & sweet potato curry,wasn't keen on the sweet potato one but the tikka was lovely & I'll buy it again,huge portion too.ive got the meatballs with tomato sauce in the freezer.None of the others appealed to me.Tried getting the sausages but they are always sold out :(.

Back