Ready meals!

Just had my very first SW ready meal! I had the sweet potato curry and, after reading some reviews, thought it might be too spicy (I'm a spice wimp) and the sauce too runny. I, personally, thought the sauce was just right (did it in the oven) and the amount of spice too. Shared it with my OH, who also enjoyed it and had half a bag of 2 min rice with it. It came in very handy today, as I'd had porridge (HEX) for breakfast so knew I couldn't have bread for lunch, without Synning it, and was struggling for ideas.

I agree with others, I think they are expensive and I also wouldn't make a special trip to Iceland for them but, if passing, I might buy one or two to keep in the freezer.

Kathy

Roasted veg pasta - a bit like the meat balls and pasta. Ok but not very exciting. Filling though.

I've also heard they're working on syn free sauces :O :O

Plus… coming soon, a range of Free Food sauces for when you have a little more time to cook. - See more at: We
This is probably where I'll throw my money at them! Especially if they have sweet chilli XD

Ooh looking forward to this! Hopefully there's a cheese sauce :innocent0001:

Had the salmon farfalle pasta for lunch. Did it in the oven so the sauce was about the right consistency. Wasn't bad but not sure I'd rush to buy it again. Very handy though.

Kathy

As with the frozen meals they will be handy for them busy days id buy them n giv them a go

I've tried the sweet potato curry, the chikcen tikka and the sauasages and enjoyed all of them.

I thought the sweet potato curry was really tasty and filling and I shared a pack with my OH. We had it as more of a side order to liven up grilled trout and brocolli.

With the chicken tikka, again I shared a pack with my OH with rice and a side of broccoli. Again I enjoyed it, Just the right amount of spice.

I had two sausages with my syn free treat of a cooked breakfast on Sunday and I really felt like I was being naughty. I cooked them in the George forman grill and didn't find them at all dry.

So no, none of these items are a substitute for a big fat gourmet sausage, or a curry from the local indian, but to have in the freezer to stop you from going off track when you get back from work feeling too tired to cook I think they are great.

I had the sausages on the weekend and was surprised how nice they were. Tried the tikka masala for lunch today and again really enjoyed it. Sunday tends to be my day off from cooking so they will come in useful for Monday lunches, although I agree that £3 is slightly overpriced. Loving the sound of the free sauces!! :)

Salmon pasta - and we have a winner! The fish stock in this one made it tasty without being spicy. I don't think it was 1/3 speed food - wish they put mushrooms or carrots or something in instead of the peas. Also it was a huge plate of pasta. Best for sharing maybe with some extra veg and not for the night before weigh in!

If I am passing Iceland I would go for the Salmon again, the chicken tikka and the chicken piazzola. Maybe the beef in gravy at a push.

An update on our 2 for £5 offer

The exclusive Slimming World ‘member only’ offer of 2 meals for £5 is due to end on the 17th March and the offer is then set to open out to all Iceland customers.
Because of the stock situation we had hoped to delay this offer going nationwide until we had a more steady supply of all our range. However, because of long lead times on Iceland’s marketing materials, there is a limited amount of material we haven’t been able to stop in some store areas. This means that while the promotion of the offer will be low key in most stores it will go ahead.
We have managed to shorten the offer period drastically to a tight 2 week period so between the dates of Wednesday 18th March and Saturday 4th April our meals will be on offer to members and all Iceland customers at 2 for £5. So if you have vouchers which you have been unable to use you will be able to take up the offer during this period without a voucher. After Saturday 4th April the meals will go back to £3 each.
Please be assured that once we have a secured a plentiful supply of all our meals we will be negotiating with Iceland to set up some super special offers exclusively for Slimming World members, which we hope will go some way to thanking you for bearing with us through this difficult time.

I found the masala quite spicy, normally I'm ok with spice! Sausages are quite good considering the reviews I've seen. I think the meals are good to have in especially when running late back from work and really can't be bothered to get cooking.

Actually tried the sausages the other day, at last! I was worried, after reading some reviews, that they may be a bit dry but, even after leaving them in the oven 25 minutes too long (due to a lengthy phone call), I thought they were ok! Obviously, they're not as good as normal sausages but I definitely preferred them to the Quorn variety. We had them with baked potatoes and baked beans.

Back