Ready meals!

Chicken in tomato sauce: cooked this one in the oven and shared with dh with the addition of chips, broccoli and some more chicken! Quite good, maybe too strongly flavoured. Sauce not watery this time. Probably 1/3 speed with the sauce so could do this work with a small jacket potato.

Had the sweet potato curry for lunch and didn't like it :(
It was really watery and didn't taste very nice, disappointed as it was the one I was looking forward to the most too!

Such a shame, tink! :( Haven't tried any of them yet but seem to be noticing more negatives for the sausages, than positives. Will have to try a few of them out as, I suppose, everyone has different tastes and opinions. Back to making your own sweet potato curry then, tink! :) x

Tried the singapore noodles , very watery!! So far have been dissappointed, like the salmon farfalle, but have not liked the sausages, the beef was tender but sauce was too tangy, the tikka too runny , as with the noodles, still yet to try med veg pasta , and meatballs! Always good to try anything once, but don't think i would waste my money again !

beef in gravy with veg crush - quite good, maybe too much pepper. Had this on a red day and meant to have a potato with it but ran out of microwave time. I didn't feel hungry afterwards.

For everyone that thought the sauce was watery - if you leave the film completely off during the second part of cooking then it helps to evaporate some of the excess water! They were much thicker when I did this :)

I think the sausages are nice considering! Ok, they're not you're normal full fat sausage but for syn free I thought they'd be a whole lot worse!!

image-3721405798.jpg

This is the meatball pasta cooked as mentioned above and for an extra minute for good measure!!! Only 1/2 pack as it's weigh in day lol!!!

I think they are handy iv got a fair few of them in the freezer meat balls sausages and the pasta meat balls iv had the chicken tika witch was lovely I really enjoyed it plenty of chicken but I have got that used to cooking from scratch home cooked meals I just tend to just get on and cook my own lovely meals I will have to squeeze more in other next weeks menu

I also tried the sweet potato curry, the sauce was fine, in fact it was really lovely but I have this problem with salt! I split the meal in to two servings as I don't like that much salt. Throughout the whole meal I was pulling faces....The overall taste was amazing but...the salt "yeerrck" I could really taste it. So I have one left which will be used on Saturday and after that I won't be buying anymore, making my own without the salt haha

Sweet potato curry - too spicy for me.

Have tried the sausages but found they didn't brown very well but they were OK but not as good as my local butchers who makes SW friendly ones which are 0.5 syns each. Still have some in the freezer so will use those up at some time then go back to my butchers sausages.

Have also tried the beef & veg crush which I really liked. I reheated it in the oven as I made roast potatoes to go with it as well some green veg. The sauce thickened really nicely so I think reheating in the oven is probably better than in the microwave. It seems that most of the meals are a bit watery when microwaved.

I haven't bought any of the pasta meals as I don't particularly like pasta and only eat it at most 3-4 times a year! I've still got the sweet potato curry & the chicken tikka to try but again think I'll be reheating them in the oven so they're not too watery.

Denise

Tried the sausages for tea (had them with mash gravy and veg, yum) and really liked them, my Mum made some yesterday and hers were really shrunken. I sprayed butter frylight on mine and they turned out much nicer, really juicy too :)

Just bought the Sweet Potato Curry, Salmon Farfalle and the sausages but still haven't tried any yet. Not too many recommendations above so, doesn't sound too hopeful! :S

I took the sausages to the taster at group so haven't tried them "properly" with a plate full of veg and gravy but I thought they were ok. A bit peppery for me but better than I expected. Lots of people at my group had already tried them and not liked them at all. Not sure I will buy them again as I think I prefer the vege Linda McCartney red onion and rosemary ones.

I have just two more to try now - salmon and rosted vegetable pasta ones. Will have to think about whether to go back for more after that. Not sure they are worth the money, special trip to Iceland or microwave time.

I took the sausages to the taster at group so haven't tried them "properly" with a plate full of veg and gravy but I thought they were ok. A bit peppery for me but better than I expected. Lots of people at my group had already tried them and not liked them at all. Not sure I will buy them again as I think I prefer the vege Linda McCartney red onion and rosemary ones.

I have just two more to try now - salmon and rosted vegetable pasta ones. Will have to think about whether to go back for more after that. Not sure they are worth the money, special trip to Iceland or microwave time.

The money and "special trip" is exactly how I feel Nettee...iceland means going right into town and ....seeing people XD whereas asda or aldi is on the outskirts, plus for £3 it's a bit much for me who's a tight bum hehe XD

I tried the sweet potato curry, meatballs and sausages and my verdict is they are ok!
The curry was very filling but again I was disappointed with the salt content.
I liked the meatballs and sausages but they are not worth making a special trip to Iceland especially as I can make nicer syn free meatballs from a pack of extra lean mince.

Back