Ready Steady Cook - Minimins Style

Honestly it was really nice! The banana and philli work very well together and the crunch of the wafer cracker bread stopped me wanting crisps too. They are pretty versatile in that you can have them sweet or savoury xx

Sausage & mozzarella cannelloni
Ingredients
Serves : 6

· 450g sausagemeat (I used quorn as I don’t like meat mince)
· 225g quark, softened
· Laughing cow light (I used 2)
· 30grms cheese, grated (for sprinkling on top)
· passata
· 12 uncooked cannelloni pasta tubes
· Italian seasoning
Directions

Prep:30min › Cook:30min › Ready in:1hr

1. Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to the boil. Add cannelloni and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
3. In a frying pan over medium heat, brown the sausagemeat; drain and keep hot. In a large bowl combine quark, laughing cow light and sausagemeat, season with Italian seasoning
4. Stuff cannelloni with cheese and sausagemeat mixture; place in baking dish. Pour passata (seasoned with Italian seasoning) over the top and sprinkle with extra cheese. Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.

IMG_0113.JPGIMG_0114.JPGIMG_0116.JPG

The quark, cheese & laughing cow light ingredients as above are not as per the recipe, I amended other ingredients (cream cheese, mozzarella) to make SW friendly & for one person.

Bob said it looked really nice, but he wouldn't eat it as he doesn't like passata, I think I'll make it again, but this time use a different sauce something which Bob will eat. It was so yummy & I really enjoyed this meal, I served it with carrots & cabbage!

That lookd proper yummy! Perfect for a green day too. Bet it'd be nice with mushrooms/courgettes in too or some chilli flakes in the sauce. Where is the recipe from? Dead impressed with this one xx

The recipe was from a site I use quite a lot allrecipes.co.uk sometimes I find there are too many recipes but a lot of the time something that little bit different.

Yes it would be yum with mushrooms/courgettes and chilli flakes in the sauce, but I sometimes feel I just have hot spicy dishes, and I felt this one was an Italian type dish:D

[h=2]Mince & mushy pea pie
Ingredients[/h][h=3]Serves : 6 [/h]· 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
· 500g (1lb 2oz) beef mince
· 1 onion, chopped
· 1 tablespoon tomato purée
· 110g chopped mushrooms
· 250ml (9fl oz) stout or beef stock
· dash Worcestershire sauce
· mash potaotes
· 1 free-range egg, yolk only, lightly beaten
· 1 large tin mushy peas

Directions[h=3]Prep:15min › Cook:25min › Ready in:40min [/h]1. Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
2. Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and fry the beef mince for about 5 minutes, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it browns.
3. Add the onion and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, then stir in the tomato purée and cook for 2 to 3 more minutes. Add the chopped mushrooms, the stout or beef stock and a couple of dashes of Worcestershire sauce. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover the pan with a lid and leave to simmer for 20 minutes. Set aside and leave to cool, then turn the meat mixture into a 1L pie dish. Add mushy peas ;)
4. Roll out the mash potatoes until they are slightly larger than the pie dish. Gently drape the potatoes over the dish, pressing firmly onto the edges. Trim, then shape the edges into a fluted shape.
5. Bake in the preheated oven until golden-brown, 20 to 25 minutes.

IMG_0117.JPGIMG_0118.JPGIMG_0119.JPGIMG_0120.JPG

It was really nice, a the potatoes were a tad dry cause there was no butter, but overall another winter dish!!!!

Yes an egg was in the recipe which it was a real recipe & not made up, lol, anyway I didn't have any eggs, just keep forgetting to pick them up when I go shopping.

I've found a good website, allrecipes.co.uk you just put in your ingredient at the top & hey presto lots of recipes pop up, that's where I got the pie one from & just adapted it to be SW friendly x

Grilled Tuna & Grape Salsa
[h=2]Ingredients[/h][h=3]Serves : 4 [/h]· 325g red seedless grapes, halved
· 45g capers, drained and rinsed
· 1 shallot, finely chopped
· 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· salt and black pepper to taste
· 4 (225g) steaks tuna
· 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
[h=2]Directions[/h][h=3]Prep:20min › Cook:5min › Ready in:25min [/h]1. Preheat barbecue for medium-high heat and lightly oil cooking grate.
2. Stir together grapes, capers, shallot, parsley and olive oil in a bowl; season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
3. Place tuna onto a plate and brush with lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Grill tuna on preheated barbecue until cooked to desired degree of doneness, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Serve with the salsa.

IMG_0121.JPGIMG_0125.JPG

Ok so first off I have to tell you I use anchovies, yep, I went to the shop knowing it was capers, but put in my basket anchovies, no idea why but that's why they've been used!!!

I can honestly say I have never eaten grapes & tuna before, this dish was so refreshing & reminded me of holidays, it was the sweetness of the grapes which worked very well of the saltiness of the anchovies everything went so well together.

There are some anchovies left so I'll probably be having this dish again within the nxt day or two:D

Butter Bean Burgers
[h=2]Ingredients[/h][h=3]Serves : 4 [/h]· 1 (400g) tin butter beans, drained
· 1 small onion, chopped
· 1 tablespoon finely chopped green chilli
· 6 cream crackers, crushed
· 1 egg, beaten
· 60g grated Cheddar cheese
· 1/4 teaspoon garlic granules
· salt and pepper to taste
· 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
[h=2]Directions[/h][h=3]Prep:15min › Cook:10min › Ready in:25min [/h]1. In a medium bowl, mash butter beans. Mix in onion, chilli, crushed crackers, egg, cheese, garlic granules, salt and pepper. Divide into 4 equal parts, and shape into burgers.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat; use more or less oil to reach 5mm in depth. Fry burgers until golden, about 5 minutes on each side.

IMG_0122.JPGIMG_0129.JPG

I cooked mine in the oven & the reason they are very tanned is we put them in & went to Morrison's only they didn't have what we wanted so tottled off to Sainsburys!!!!!!

These tasted so yummy, I thought they tasted like cheese & onion pie, but Bob poo poo'd that idea, but that's men for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yet again, 'I'm going to make these again'!!!!!!!!!!!

Back