Ready Steady Cook - Minimins Style

I'm not too sure about using the crackers and syns though. Do you think they added that much to the burger?

well as i was eating them i did think about the crackers, & yes i did like them as they were, but honestly if they weren't there no bother xx

Oh - just found this fred . . . thank you Emsie for starting it.
Just read through all the lists of ingredients from earlier weeks and remembered I'd got a tin of salmon in the cupboard!
Gawd knows how old it is but we're now having salmon fish cakes for tea!

To tie in with my positive ness of being back on track I dashed over here to see what the bag was because I completely forgot and was pleasantly surprised that 3 of my planned meals have 4 of the ingredients in! Woo! Tomorrow is dish 1 yay! Xx

Sorry - can't join in this weeks bag as I don't have most of those ingredients in stock - and I can only get a lot of them at Iceland.
The Spanish don't go for things like mushy peas! :8855:
When will the next bag be posted?As I've got an Iceland trip planned on Monday so could grab some of the English ingredients from there.

Sorry - can't join in this weeks bag as I don't have most of those ingredients in stock - and I can only get a lot of them at Iceland.
The Spanish don't go for things like mushy peas! :8855:
When will the next bag be posted?As I've got an Iceland trip planned on Monday so could grab some of the English ingredients from there.

When would you like to post it ;)

When would you like to post it ;)
Risking letting another newbie have a go then? :8855:
Ok - so here is one with chorizo as I know it is easily available in the UK!

onion
garlic
ham
chorizo sausage
tin chopped tomatoes
eggs
petit pois
red pepper
asparagus tips
herbs, seasonings etc
and any other free food you feel like throwing in

I know what I'm doing for lunch on Saturday - as this is a bit of a cheat as I've used these ingredients before to make a dish - and no it ain't a frittata or omelette or quiche!

Last edited:
Fab new list there Pom!

Shall we keep both this new and the current one running till next weekend? Just so we can pick from either bag and then a new one the following week? As an idea :) looking forward to cooking with both of them! Xx

Well ive had a mare trying to make veggie burgers. Wanted to make red lentil ones but couldn't find a suitable recipe in a hurry so decided to do chickpea ones. When I made tnem they were really wet so I added more chickpeas, still too wet so added some butterbeans.
...still too wet so added scan bran which didnt get on well with my food processor and they were still wet so added bulgar wheat lol
They still weren't great so have had to cook the mix first before shaping them!
The burgers were crumbly so have made the others into balls and theres loads so am going to be eating them forever!
Not even sure how they taste after all the nonsense!

Attachments

• 1371660453102.jpg
    1371660453102.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 1371660462921.jpg
    1371660462921.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 1371660473706.jpg
    1371660473706.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 1371660485298.jpg
    1371660485298.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 53
Oh - just found this fred . . . thank you Emsie for starting it.
Just read through all the lists of ingredients from earlier weeks and remembered I'd got a tin of salmon in the cupboard!
Gawd knows how old it is but we're now having salmon fish cakes for tea!
Well Michelle started the thread I think but came from a sort of group idea from some banter on Minkys diary. Its quite good (and sometimes bad see above!)
Risking letting another newbie have a go then? :8855:
Ok - so here is one with chorizo as I know it is easily available in the UK!

onion
garlic
ham

chorizo sausage

tin chopped tomatoes

egg
s
petit pois

red pepper

asparagus tips

herbs, seasonings etc
and any other free food you feel like throwing in

I know what I'm doing for lunch on Saturday - as this is a bit of a cheat as I've used these ingredients before to make a dish - and no it ain't a frittata or omelette or quiche!

Definitely the more the merrier! and the more ingredient variety the better! Chorizo is something I shy away from buying/using so will have to try and rise to the challenge!

Well ive had a mare trying to make veggie burgers. Wanted to make red lentil ones but couldn't find a suitable recipe in a hurry so decided to do chickpea ones. When I made tnem they were really wet so I added more chickpeas, still too wet so added some butterbeans.
...still too wet so added scan bran which didnt get on well with my food processor and they were still wet so added bulgar wheat lol
The burgers were crumbly so have made the others into balls and theres loads so am going to be eating them forever!

Hmmmmmmmm they look 'interesting':rolleyes: they do look a nice colour & not bland or tasteless, they look like they could be quite yummy.

I'm going to make the butterbean burgers for when we go to Symphony at the Tower, they'll go down well.

Well Michelle started the thread I think but came from a sort of group idea from some banter on Minkys diary. Its quite good (and sometimes bad see above!)
Apologies Michelle - I could have sworn it was Emsie - but looking back it was her sig I found it from.

Emsie, try chorizo - it's wonderful. Spicey, tomato-ey and yummy! And actually not that bad as far as syns go on SW.

Well ive had a mare trying to make veggie burgers.. . . When I made them they were really wet so I added more chickpeas, still too wet so added some butterbeans.
I know that feeling!
My salmon fishcakes came out far too wet. I added an egg to my mixture.
BIG mistake - about 1/4 would probably have been enough.
Anyway - there was no way I could "mould" then into cakes so in the pan they went as a sort of fish "bubble & squeak".
They tasted great - but looked like mush! :cry:

100g of chorizo is 6.5 syns. I love the stuff but always forget to get it in or plan something to put it in.

So thanks Pom! Got 2 meals planned with it and sooooo looking forward to one of them, doing some prep for that meal at the weekend - I'm not having it till wednesday!! X

I know that feeling!
My salmon fishcakes came out far too wet. I added an egg to my mixture.
BIG mistake - about 1/4 would probably have been enough.
Anyway - there was no way I could "mould" then into cakes so in the pan they went as a sort of fish "bubble & squeak".
They tasted great - but looked like mush! :cry:
Glad I'm not the only one! I put 2 eggs in :eek: as that what recipe said and just thought I'd leave the breadcrumbs out without checking the amount of them properly! Must have been a whole loaf!

Back