Ready Steady Cook - Minimins Style

That looks really yummy, just right for a day like today, the weather has changed here & it's not so sunny any more:sigh:

020.JPG

I made Mexican rice & quorn roast with homous, very simple & very yummy, even though it looks a bit bland.

Homous
Chickpeas, onion, chilli, cumin & garlic
Cook onion in fry light, add all other ingredients & blend until smooth.

Mexican Rice
Rice, black-eyed beans, chilli, garlic, veggie oxo cube
Cook rice in chilli & oxo until nearly done, add beans.

Well I hope the quorn roast is free, 'cause that's how I'm counting it;) suppose I best check as it's my new favourite quorn food. And it tastes much nicer than you'd think, it's more moist & not like the quorn fillets, rice was yum, it was just spicey enough. Hummus is surpisingly easy to make & now I've found an Asian shop near where I work that sells chickpeas 4 tins for £1, I could be making more, its so versatile.

Love this idea :D great thing to help get me back on plan!! Going to have to get my creative thinking cap on ;D

Something different to do with mince other than chilli/bolognese lol

I'm always trying to find new things to do with mince so this is defo something I'm going to try. The boy doesn't like bolognese so something curry fied is great. Cheers Emsie! My concoction will be cooked tomorrow! Xx

Something different to do with mince other than chilli/bolognese lol

I like making extra lean beef mince mixed with onions and mushrooms and soy sauce. Then wrap it in lettuce leaves. Served with egg fried rice xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi All

I have 20 huge chicken breasts that Hubby got from his butcher friend so would love you to fire away some meal ideas for me please.
I also have in a huge sack of spuds along with plenty of mixed veg and herbs and spices too xxx

Hi All

I have 20 huge chicken breasts that Hubby got from his butcher friend so would love you to fire away some meal ideas for me please.
I also have in a huge sack of spuds along with plenty of mixed veg and herbs and spices too xxx

Brill another challenge, I'll get my thinking cap on, something different would be fab.

Hi All

Hunters chicken - smother chicken breast in a tbsp of bbq sauce and top with a medallion or two of bacon. Cook for 20 mins, add half a Hex of cheese (or a whole hex, up to you) and cook for another 5-10 mins! Serve with lots of veg and SW chips :D

Then there's these chicken recipes on my blog that might help :)

:D Hope these help! x

Last edited by a moderator:
Hunters chicken - smother chicken breast in a tbsp of bbq sauce and top with a medallion or two of bacon. Cook for 20 mins, add half a Hex of cheese (or a whole hex, up to you) and cook for another 5-10 mins! Serve with lots of veg and SW chips :D

Then there's these chicken recipes on my blog that might help :)

:D Hope these help! x

Thanks for that Hun. It sounds amazing too xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Back