Ready Steady Cook - Minimins Style

Hi All

I have 20 huge chicken breasts that Hubby got from his butcher friend so would love you to fire away some meal ideas for me please.
I also have in a huge sack of spuds along with plenty of mixed veg and herbs and spices too xxx

Chicken stuffed with pesto and HexA mozzarella is gorgeous and can wrap in bacon / ham too. Make a paella or chicken burgers. Curry is always good and can add things like BNS and spinach to bulk out with super free - great if you're having a red day and not having rice n stuff.
Cook breast and shred up, mix with cooked peppers, onions and any other veg, make a tomato sauce adding smoked paprika and chilli, mix up and make a lasagne.
Actually might make that one myself! Xx

Got my first 'dish' currently letting all the flavours mingle, cannie wait to try and show you. Second one will be with dinner tonight. I love this so much, makes me think of doing different things and stuff I wouldn't normally do.

Dish 1 will be revealed at lunch time! Xx

Right!! Lunch was my first dish from the ingredients in the goody bag :D

Smashed chickpea and pesto sandwich.
Take these ingredients (I used half a can of the pea's) 1367838095006.jpg
Smash your chickpeas with a fork to give a chunky texture (we don't want smooth, we ain't making houmous y'know!)1367838107204.jpg
Chop half an onion and pepper into small squares. Add to chickpeas with the juice of half a lemon and lime and 2 tbsp red pesto (1 syn a tbsp for this one) 1367838119819.jpg
Mix up and let flavours infuse for about 30 mins? Oh and season to your liking. 1367838126542.jpg
I topped one slice wholemeal bread with baby spinach leaves and then half the mix. Voila, chickpea sandwich. Was really good and filling. 1367838149387.jpg

Would be awesome as a dip for crudites or fill little gem lettuce leaves or you could even top a jacket spud with it! Xx

Right!! Lunch was my first dish from the ingredients in the goody bag :D

Smashed chickpea and pesto sandwich.
Take these ingredients (I used half a can of the pea's) View attachment 89551
Smash your chickpeas with a fork to give a chunky texture (we don't want smooth, we ain't making houmous y'know!)View attachment 89552
Chop half an onion and pepper into small squares. Add to chickpeas with the juice of half a lemon and lime and 2 tbsp red pesto (1 syn a tbsp for this one) View attachment 89554
Mix up and let flavours infuse for about 30 mins? Oh and season to your liking. View attachment 89555
I topped one slice wholemeal bread with baby spinach leaves and then half the mix. Voila, chickpea sandwich. Was really good and filling. View attachment 89556

Would be awesome as a dip for crudites or fill little gem lettuce leaves or you could even top a jacket spud with it! Xx

That was brill, I'm sure I could hear you telling me the next steps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very well 'presented' x

I've been thinking about what I can do with all this chicken I've got.
In Mexico I had chicken schnitzel and it was amazing, so thinking of buying some breadcrumbs and giving it a try.
Also chicken Kiev is a fave in our house so might try that too.
Does anyone know the syns for breadcrumbs? I've never bought them before, do they get bought fresh/frozen/packet?!? Lol xxx

Dinner!

Spiced roasted sweet potato and black eyed beans stuffed pointed pepper with onion, garlic, pepper and half HexA cheddar (spices were smoked paprika, cinnamon and cumin.)
1367868040605.jpg1367868215083.jpg
Sweet Black eyed bean and white rice timbale (1 syn honey with cumin seeds, onion and garlic) topped with fried onion1367868147331.jpg
Served with bbq sticky quorn style fillet 1367868194219.jpg

Check you out, how well presented is that food, you must think you're on the real show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your food does look brill x

Ha ha! I always try to make my food look as appetising as possible tbh, I'm a huge believer in you eat with your eyes before your mouth. Xx

Dinner!

Spiced roasted sweet potato and black eyed beans stuffed pointed pepper with onion, garlic, pepper and half HexA cheddar (spices were smoked paprika, cinnamon and cumin.)
View attachment 89652View attachment 89657
Sweet Black eyed bean and white rice timbale (1 syn honey with cumin seeds, onion and garlic) topped with fried onionView attachment 89654
Served with bbq sticky quorn style fillet View attachment 89656
Ooooh fancy pants lol.....that rice looks tasty , brill ideas x

Back