Ready Steady Cook - Minimins Style

I've bugger all in, just potatoes, carrots & tinned toms, what the heck I've also very little quorn, just the sausages
That sounds like the start of a swineherd pie! (Shepherds pie with pork)
I hate quorn sausages with a vengeance. But I usually pull them out of theri skins and fry them off with onions (not mince as I previously wrote DOH) and slap spuds on top.
Have you any baked beans in to add to the carrots and tinned toms? That would be stunning!

Last edited:
Hey I've got baked beans, could make cowboy pie:D

Sounds like cowboy pie is what I call Swineherd Pie. Pork mince, onions, baked beans, grated carrots and tinned toms but without the juice, delish!

Yeehaaaaa!

I'm having it for tea tomorrow night, I'll make it before work, & put it in the oven & set the timer so it's ready when I get home!!!

Sounds like cowboy pie is what I call Swineherd Pie. Pork mince, onions, baked beans, grated carrots and tinned toms but without the juice, delish!

Yes but without the toms & topped with mash:D

Hi Elle - lovely to have you here.
This weeks bag is

potatoes, carrots, tinned toms, and quorn sausages.

You can use all the ingredients or just some - and you can add basics (herbs, spices, cheese qtc) to it if you like as well!

Looks like a few of us may be doing versions of CowBoy Pie!

Whoa, 'citing times!!!

Finally got round to posting photo's of my cowboy pie, it is such a lovely comfort food & it was syn free, I put the potato through the ricer so no need to mash with butter/milk & then sprayed it with frylight before popping in the oven, simples!!!

View attachment 105368View attachment 105369

Looks gorge!!! I need to get back to this actually, it helped me stay on plan and at the moment I need all the help I can get! Xx

My recipe involving the last few ingredients is in the oven, , hopefully cooking! , for when I get home!

Ive used quorn sausages, baked beans, , tinned tomatoes, sweet potato and red onion and herbs.
Layered the bottom of dish with sliced sweet potato and then with 4 quorn sausages sliced in half, then cooked the onion, toms, beans, herbs and put half of that on top then put 4 more sliced quorn sausages then the rest of the mix and then have topped with sliced potatoes and will top with grated cheese towards the end.
Fingers crossed!

Grrrr still not letting me post pics :(

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

My recipe involving the last few ingredients is in the oven, , hopefully cooking! , for when I get home!

Ive used quorn sausages, baked beans, , tinned tomatoes, sweet potato and red onion and herbs.
Layered the bottom of dish with sliced sweet potato and then with 4 quorn sausages sliced in half, then cooked the onion, toms, beans, herbs and put half of that on top then put 4 more sliced quorn sausages then the rest of the mix and then have topped with sliced potatoes and will top with grated cheese towards the end.
Fingers crossed!

Grrrr still not letting me post pics :(

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

Sounds like a pie but using sweet potato for the crust, nom! Hope that we can see a pic of it cause its something up my alley! Fingers crossed the forum sorts itself out.

Are the quorn sausages back to syn free or do they have a "new recipe" or something on the pack?? Xx

Back